Author Topic: The 'would you use a nuke' vote thread  (Read 2695 times)

Offline BTAirsol

• Copper Member
The 'would you use a nuke' vote thread
« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2006, 12:04:38 PM »
No to nukes, drop Hillary Clinton and Jane Fonda on them!

Offline BGBMAW

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2006, 12:10:44 PM »
Muslims will not allow our social life style..nothing more nothing less..Its the way we live..

pretty simple

How about just call it a big bomb..that looks like a anuke..

"no..that wasnt a nuklear bomb"....; )
im tired of these crap countrys ..tiem to let god sort this out

btw Lazs we live in the Linguine spinned blue state;(...but i do my part everyday to change that

Liberalism is a mental disorder

Offline BGBMAW

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2006, 12:11:39 PM »
also with abortion on demand thats one less liberal...right?..lolol...ying yang

Offline ChickenHawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2006, 12:20:27 PM »
Nay.

As soon as we use any nuke, other countries that are not so friendly will use it as an excuse or pay back to nuke the U.S.  And don't think it won't happen.  We can't even keep people from crossing the borders.

At this point, the first one to use a nuke, no matter what the reason, will be the bad guys.  And then it's open season on the bad guys.

It's not worth it.
Do not attribute to malice what can be easily explained by incompetence, fear, ignorance or stupidity, because there are millions more garden variety idiots walking around in the world than there are blackhearted Machiavellis.

Offline nuchpatrick

• Silver Member
      • http://www.361stvfg.com
« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2006, 12:23:35 PM »
I'm not for nukes as it will effect us too enviromentally.

But what I am for is Chemical Warefare..  We have stuff that will kill people dead and leave the area clean afterwards. I mean, I would still like to have oil after were done.

Offline Edbert1

• Silver Member
      • http://www.edbert.net
« Reply #50 on: May 18, 2006, 12:24:30 PM »
Originally posted by Timofei
So brave behind the keyboard, aren't you. "Collateral damage"=Killing civilians. But easy the say behind the anonymity of the internet. Tard.

Actually collateral damage means much more than that, civilian casualties are just one part of the term. But I submit that when the "civililians" are indestinguishable from the combatants, and are actively engaged in supplying/hiding/supporting the combatants then they lose the status of civilian. If the townsfolk wont root out the miltants themselves then the town goes away, simple as that. Disregarding civilian casualties while waging a war is a better way of doing business than sending our soldiers in on foot to knock on doors.

Disregard for collateral damage while waging war worked well in Dresden/Berlin/Tokyo/(many others), it helped the population put things into perspective and question whether it was worth it or not to continue following madmen who advocated attacking the USofA.

But since you are such a brave keyboard warrior with the personal insults I say we just send you.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2006, 12:30:24 PM by Edbert1 »

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: May 18, 2006, 12:57:30 PM »
The opinions on why/why not, terms, conditions.. good stuff. And the humorous takes.. great stuff. we all need a smile now and again. The cheap shots at the poster on a personal level are outside the scope of the conversation. I understand that some sensibilities are seriously offended at the mere proposition.. that's kewl; voice yer dismay, but lets leave the personal diatribe volume set at 'off'.

i now return you to the proposition: Nuke 'em or not?
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline T0J0

• Silver Member
« Reply #52 on: May 18, 2006, 01:21:34 PM »
Nook Canada! That will eliminate more islamofacsists then nooking mecca...

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: May 18, 2006, 01:50:11 PM »
Nope.

Why use a cannon to squash an ant?

If it transmogrifies into a giant, bring a bigger gun.

But wiping out an entire nation because of combination of anger, machoism and pride in ignorance is a wee bit over the top for me.

Then again, I've been poor and laughed at. Not always being an ******* does wonders for one's ability to see things from different perspectives.

If they cause problems, invade and destroy. Don't occupy. People living there have nowhere else to go when it turns into an utter crap-hole. Our soldiers have, and sooner or later will leave a cesspool of human misery in favour of the warmth at home.

Be realistic and humble. And very determined. Do what is necessary but no not splurge.

Offline Goomba

• Copper Member
« Reply #54 on: May 18, 2006, 02:04:45 PM »
Nay.

I have a better idea...one our fearless, flawless and wise "leaders" have notoriously failed at for the last 50 years;

The only way we'll be safe from Middle Eastern lunatics and Islamic fundamentalist brutality is to completely and irrevocably marginalize them...like they were before anyone found oil there.

How?  We must have energy independence.  Period.  As long as somebody else has a grip on the flow of basic survival needs (like energy), we dance to that somebody's tune.  Imagine being in a truly bloody feud with your next door neighbor, but all your electricity flows through his meter, and you have to pay him to get it.  How strong is your negotiating position?

Were we to actually focus on a REAL national security threat (foreign energy dependence), we'd make a massive national effort and investment, develop an implementation plan and make it happen.  It would be a massive project, but it is inescapably necessary.

Afterwards, we could simply tell the sandstorm loonys to kiss off and have a great time butchering each other while civilized people sit back and watch them implode.  Without oil revenue, they are nothing.  (Of course, as someone else pointed out, we'd be blamed for turning our backs on the same people who spent decades trying to kill us all.)

If we don't need their oil, we don't need them.

I know isolationism has not been successful in the past, but these days I like the sound of it, anyway.  Speaking as one who must struggle constantly to stay afloat, I'd like to see us take care of our own first and quit sending billions overseas while Americans suffer inflated taxes to pay for it.

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: May 18, 2006, 02:14:45 PM »
Hey Edbert1, I guess you have felt the same way if the British commit the wholesale slaughter of American colonials during your revolution eh?

Offline Edbert1

• Silver Member
      • http://www.edbert.net
« Reply #56 on: May 18, 2006, 02:43:58 PM »
Originally posted by Thrawn
Hey Edbert1, I guess you have felt the same way if the British commit the wholesale slaughter of American colonials during your revolution eh?

What, you think there was no collateral damage done during our war of independance? But basic answer to your question is yeah, that is part of what war is.

Obvious exception for the "wholesale" part at least. I see a difference between a civilian being in the wrong place at the wrong time (being next to a jihadist when the JDAM is falling would qualify I think) and being the actual target themselves. Although I know that in most urban WWII bombing raids (the RAF to a greater extent than the USAAF, but that's off-topic) the civililian population was the actual target, I am not advocating we actively seek the wholesale (your term not mine) slaughter of Islamic civilians. I merely suggest that if we are so squeamish in our desire to rid ourselves of this threat that we refuse to fight-to-win then we should re-evaluate our engagement in this war in the first place. In many cases of our current "war" we allow a known bad-guy to escape for fear of hurting a bystander. I submit that doing that is a good way to lose a war.

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: May 18, 2006, 03:09:28 PM »
Originally posted by StSanta

If they cause problems, invade and destroy.

Be realistic and humble.

"Invade & destroy"..Then "Be realistic & humble"

Are u another crackpot?

:huh
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: May 18, 2006, 03:43:30 PM »
Originally posted by Thrawn

what about british colonel Tarleton or whatever his name was, he killed civilians, POWs, etc?

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: May 19, 2006, 12:29:21 AM »
Originally posted by john9001
what about british colonel Tarleton or whatever his name was, he killed civilians, POWs, etc?

At that time, the killing of civilians and POW's was not against the Geneva Convention, it was just bad form.

And didn't Mel Gibson talk of killing all those people in the fort and sending baskets of fingers down river?
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!