Author Topic: Time to Un-Perk the Hogs?  (Read 4854 times)

Offline Warspawn

• Nickel Member
Time to Un-Perk the Hogs?
« on: May 18, 2006, 04:02:52 AM »
Hey all!

Been cruising along in AH for a few years now and was thinking it may be time for an 'un-perk' suggestion instead of everyone screaming about the Spit XVI and La-7 (as far as makin' them cost points to fly).

With the new planes out there, is there really a reason to have the C hog perked, or the -4?  There are planes out there better in several areas that aren't perked; I just see no real reason for folks to have to spend points in these if they want to fly them.

I know perkies are pretty easy to get if you want to up some of the Corsairs that cost points, but having these perked (and some could argue the spit XIV as well) while Spit 16's, D Ponies and LA-7's aren't perked doesn't seem to make much sense to me.

Whatcha think?

Oh, and why are TA 152's perked?  Someone tell me that one!  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: May 18, 2006, 04:57:04 AM by Warspawn »
Purple haze all in my brain
Lately things just don't seem the same
Actin' funny, but I don't know why

'Scuse me while I kiss the sky                 
                                                 --J. Hendrix

Offline Oleg

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2006, 04:08:41 AM »
Hogs are ubers, leave them perked.
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."
Maya Angelou

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2006, 07:58:37 AM »
I agree, TA 152 is WAY overpriced but thats as far as I go on this ride.

Leave the Hawgs perked.

Until you've flown in an arena that was 1/3 to 1/2 Chawgs all HO'ing anything and everything in sight. And seen what it did to gameplay your just not going to understand. Trust me on this one,  we do NOT want to go back there. The Chawg stays perked forever, its not that expensive, anyone can grab one almost anytime they want.

The F4u-4 is quite rightly perked, its a late war moster. Leave it in the box.

Offline monteini

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2006, 09:44:24 AM »
Have you flown latly? you see hogs now more then spits, after the last update they all improved and now everyone knows it.  I'm acctually getting sick of seeing them and am happy to see a 16 every once in a while.

Nick172

Offline toadkill

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2006, 10:48:40 AM »
lotta hogs? almost only time i see hogs is in FT or off a cv. and your seeing more hogs. becuase theres now alot more players online.  i see tons more spits then hogs. maybe its cuz i fly against bish. but i see less LGHEYS than b4 since the new spitty came out

and 152 is not WAY overpriced. its  5 perks for god sakes. i mean almost any noob can afford 5 perks. 152 is faster than the U-4 and has better guns. and will perform better at 30k
« Last Edit: May 18, 2006, 10:51:39 AM by toadkill »
<S>
Toad

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2006, 12:07:36 PM »
The F4U-4 is the best prop fighting in AH and you want it unperked?
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline monteini

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2006, 12:32:16 PM »
I agree the f4u-4 should be perked and the f4u-c should be perked higher.

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2006, 01:09:22 PM »
Originally posted by monteini
Have you flown latly? you see hogs now more then spits, after the last update they all improved and now everyone knows it.  I'm acctually getting sick of seeing them and am happy to see a 16 every once in a while.

Nick172

What arena do YOU fly? In the MA, in the last month, I've seen a total of FIVE -4 hogs, and maybe THIRTY C hogs. TOTAL.  As compared to an average of 15-20 Spit XVI's and Spit VIII's per flight. Hogs more than Spits? Are you flying strictly CV areas? Or are you dreaming?
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2006, 01:56:55 PM »
I think the cost of the F4U-4 should be brought down considerably, as should the Spit 14 in light of the release of the Spit 16.

The C-Hog is opnly 5 perks, not a big price.

Ta-152...who cares?  Unperk it, it might even get some flight time

Ar234....bring that down.  Better yet, give the bomber guys a perk bomber work earning points to.  Say a grand-slam version of the Lanc?  Or B-29?

Offline monteini

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2006, 01:58:10 PM »
I fly in the ma around 7 most nights, I am bish and I see f4u's all of the time last night I saw 7 f4u-4's thats in one night and lots of c's 5 perks for a 152 is no problem, although personally I think all perks are a joke. Up a 109g-2 or a 38g once  and you can earn 20 perks in no time. Yes I understand if you are used to flying p-51d's or spit 16, la7, or nikki's then its a little harder getting the perks,  EXPAND YOUR FLYING EXPERIANCE THEN.

Nick172
« Last Edit: May 18, 2006, 02:25:49 PM by monteini »

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2006, 03:12:44 PM »
I would love to see the -4 Hog unperked. It is the best prop fighter in the game.

Offline DoKGonZo

• Silver Member
      • http://www.gonzoville.com
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2006, 03:20:03 PM »
There's more F4U's now since 2.07 for sure. If it wasn't for only having .50 cals you'd see 'em all over the place (you need cannon to shoot up outhouses).

The C-Hog has so much cannon ammo - and Hizooka cannons no less - that it has to be perked.

I need to go to the TA and have someone demonstrate why the 4-Hog is so great. Goofing around offline with it; I just don't see it. Guns package is nothing special at all - not compared to the much cheaper C-Hog especially.

Likewise the Spit14 ... how is it so much better than the 16? I can't see the vast difference that results in the high perk cost.

The 152 ... sucks. If I had the 10's of 1000's of perks that some people do I'd probably fly it a lot hunting high-alt buffs just to use 'em up.

It don't ruffle my feathers either way ... but I think given recent changes in the FM and new planes some of these things could stand a second look.

Offline Warspawn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2006, 03:30:42 PM »
Originally posted by Ghosth
I agree, TA 152 is WAY overpriced but thats as far as I go on this ride.

Leave the Hawgs perked.

Until you've flown in an arena that was 1/3 to 1/2 Chawgs all HO'ing anything and everything in sight...

Actually I have.  You started training me back in '99 GhostH :D  So yeah, I do remember the days of swarms of CHogs.  Almost fondly now with Spit 16's crowding the airspace.  Guess I'm just tired of seeing clipped-wing Spitties all over the place, and thought maybe giving other options to fly dominating aircraft for free would reduce their (Spit XVI's) popularity.  The perks spent on a Chog or F4U-4 don't really annoy me; it's mostly the attention I get entering any kind of fight.  As with any perked ride, folks will suicide to bring you down and that gets downright annoying at times :furious

Originally posted by Karnak
The F4U-4 is the best prop fighting in AH and you want it unperked?

Oh!  About the -4; do you really think it was the best prop aircraft of the war?  Heck, the Spit 16 out accelerates it and holds E better (in fact the F4U-4 is only 9th in sea-level acceleration), and tons  of planes have it way out-gunned.  I'll have to look, but the LA7 (down on the deck) and K-4 (up above 7500' MSL) both out-run it (as do both Ponies, the Dora; lots of un-perked rides do), and the P-47N will deliver more ordinance from farther out.  Dozens of planes out-turn it at speed, including the LA-7 and Spit XVI...and the other Corsairs in the stable.  Even full-flaps turning doesn't put it in the top dozen (according to Kweassa's data).

It's certainly a 'good' plane, but it's not 'godly' by any stretch of the imagination.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2006, 03:58:56 PM by Warspawn »
Purple haze all in my brain
Lately things just don't seem the same
Actin' funny, but I don't know why

'Scuse me while I kiss the sky                 
                                                 --J. Hendrix

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2006, 04:15:23 PM »
Originally posted by monteini
I fly in the ma around 7 most nights, I am bish and I see f4u's all of the time last night I saw 7 f4u-4's thats in one night and lots of c's 5 perks for a 152 is no problem, although personally I think all perks are a joke. Up a 109g-2 or a 38g once  and you can earn 20 perks in no time. Yes I understand if you are used to flying p-51d's or spit 16, la7, or nikki's then its a little harder getting the perks,  EXPAND YOUR FLYING EXPERIANCE THEN.

Nick172

I've got all the perks I'll ever need or want, I can have a perk ride any time I want. Provided they aren't side limited. Oh, and I never fly an elgay, a spit, a pony, or a nikki. I fly P-38's mostly, although I've been playing with the tiffie for a month or two.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2006, 04:44:36 PM »
Im mostly a P-38 driver myself.  I do like the -4 hog tho, its pretty stinking fast up level.

Im just weary of seeing the same La7s, N1ks and Spit16s at every encounter I fly.  For a game with so many planes, I keep running into the same 4 or 5.