Author Topic: OK enough is enough FIX IT  (Read 2798 times)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
OK enough is enough
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2006, 09:06:41 AM »
Originally posted by bozon

Do you really use full flaps that often?
Do you think THAT is realistic?

Bozon

Yes.  

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
OK enough is enough
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2006, 09:11:04 AM »
Originally posted by LEDPIG
I fly the 38 religiuosly and have to find ways around it's terrible performance. I don't think the P-38 flew this crappy.

Other than full flaps, the P-38 still flies like it used to.  You just need to be careful when using the last flap setting and not ride the plane on full flaps but rather use full flaps only when necessary and then retract them immediately afterwards.  I have no troubles turning with N1K2s or Spitfires but then I was the kind that never rode full flaps but would only use full flaps when absolutely necessary to gain an angle and then retract them immediately afterwards.  YMMV.

See Rule #7 [/B]

Yawn...just another whine.

ack-ack
« Last Edit: May 22, 2006, 06:13:59 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline Swager

• Silver Member
OK enough is enough
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2006, 09:25:24 AM »
Someone bring the cheese!
Rock:  Ya see that Ensign, lighting the cigarette?
Powell: Yes Rock.
Rock: Well that's where I got it, he's my son.
Powell: Really Rock, well I'd like to meet him.
Rock:  No ya wouldn't.

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
OK enough is enough
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2006, 09:31:19 AM »
plz fix the 38. its the only plane i loved to fly. :(
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
OK enough is enough
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2006, 09:49:12 AM »
learn to adapt to the problems.

if the 38's 5th flap setting is bugged, dont use it.

sucks, but its the only solution that doesnt require somebody else doing something for you.
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline Hoarach

• Gold Member
OK enough is enough
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2006, 10:29:35 AM »
Before the patch, 38s were able to outturn niks, spits occasionaly, la7s, 51s, hogs, etc.  There were not too many that could out turn the 38 before the patch except the hurri and zeke but 38 could outrun those so wasnt much of an issue.

Now its hard to outturn 51s, hogs, la7s, niks, etc. to what I listed above.  Because of the last flap the 38 is not able to turn as well as it once used to.  When the patch first came out and got low and slow with a 51 and it out turned me I knew something was wrong.  Landing on a cv I learned about the 5th notch flap as I sank.

P.S.  Blooz, its also said McGuire had DTs on when fighting.  He wanted the most kills in the war so figured he could quickly kill the enemy with his DTs then move on to have enough fuel to fight elsewhere and fly home.
Fringe
Nose Art
80th FS "Headhunters"

Secret Association of P38 Pilots

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
OK enough is enough
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2006, 10:35:29 AM »
Originally posted by Hoarach
P.S.  Blooz, its also said McGuire had DTs on when fighting.  He wanted the most kills in the war so figured he could quickly kill the enemy with his DTs then move on to have enough fuel to fight elsewhere and fly home.

Not quite.  He was forced to engage to clear a Japanese fighter off his wingman's six.  Do a search of these boards for Savage's post on McGuire's death, very informative and good read.

ack-ack

Offline Hoarach

• Gold Member
OK enough is enough
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2006, 10:39:48 AM »
Ack-Ack I have read several different stories to how McGuire died.  This is just one that I remember.
Fringe
Nose Art
80th FS "Headhunters"

Secret Association of P38 Pilots

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
OK enough is enough
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2006, 10:47:36 AM »
Originally posted by B@tfinkV
learn to adapt to the problems.

if the 38's 5th flap setting is bugged, dont use it.

sucks, but its the only solution that doesnt require somebody else doing something for you.

Most retarded thing I've heard. "Its broke because HTC broke it, so learn to fly with it broke"

Yeah, that's the way to run ****. :aok
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline Brenjen

• Silver Member
OK enough is enough
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2006, 10:54:41 AM »
I don't fly the 38 much unless I get an urge to JABO, it's really stable when plunking bombs onto GV's.

Aside from that, do you really think threatening to quit playing or angry faces & asteriks over cuss words directed at the people you want to fix the problem is going to get it done?

I'm sure Hi Tech Creations, as a company, is smart enough to try & pacify it's customer base when there is a problem. All you have to do is grumble & make yourself heard long enough. You don't have to get "pissy". If you do, you're less likely to get what you want. I'm sorry but it's just human nature to resist in those situations.

Offline Souless

• Copper Member
OK enough is enough
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2006, 11:15:42 AM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack
Other than full flaps, the P-38 still flies like it used to.  You just need to be careful when using the last flap setting and not ride the plane on full flaps but rather use full flaps only when necessary and then retract them immediately afterwards.  I have no troubles turning with N1K2s or Spitfires but then I was the kind that never rode full flaps but would only use full flaps when absolutely necessary to gain an angle and then retract them immediately afterwards.  YMMV.

Yawn...just another whine.

ack-ack

It certainly does not handle like it use to ack ack but thats my opinion and you have yours we could debate the issue to death but there is no need.
What I would really like to know is why we have several series of planes like the F4 series that can literally hover in a stall fight.
The flaps on the 38 create more wing area however it handles like a pig at low speeds.
This latest patch has created several surprises in the planeset which need to be corrected

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
OK enough is enough
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2006, 11:22:12 AM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack
Not quite.  He was forced to engage to clear a Japanese fighter off his wingman's six.  Do a search of these boards for Savage's post on McGuire's death, very informative and good read.

ack-ack
Yeah I believe Weaver called for his help and he turned sharply to the left and stalled going in inverted nose down.

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
OK enough is enough
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2006, 01:08:05 PM »
Originally posted by Souless

This latest patch has created several surprises in the planeset which need to be corrected
It sure has, such as the 109F being able to run circles around a Spit V.  As much as I'm loving it in the MA this way, it's not correct, no way.

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
OK enough is enough
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2006, 01:23:55 PM »
My thoughts are those that say it does not perform any different only fly the P38 fast or do not know how to fly it. 109s and La7s now can turn with it which is far from accurate. 109s could not turn with a P38, so they took advantage of its low compression speed. According to P38 pilot's actual words, the only US fighter that he could not turn with was an F4F.
As I stated in an earlier post on this topic, HTC has not properly modeled the fowler/butterfly flaps. It was proven in Mosq's turning radius test. The P38 and the Ki84 both perform worse.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
OK enough is enough
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2006, 02:17:51 PM »
Originally posted by Raptor01
My thoughts are those that say it does not perform any different only fly the P38 fast or do not know how to fly it. 109s and La7s now can turn with it which is far from accurate. 109s could not turn with a P38, so they took advantage of its low compression speed. According to P38 pilot's actual words, the only US fighter that he could not turn with was an F4F.
As I stated in an earlier post on this topic, HTC has not properly modeled the fowler/butterfly flaps. It was proven in Mosq's turning radius test. The P38 and the Ki84 both perform worse.

With the exception of the bug that increases the drag with full flaps, the P-38 flies like it did before the patch.  And I don't think you can add me to the group that doesn't know how to fly the P-38.  If you have that mistaken belief, I would be more than happy to show you how wrong you are.  But as all things in life, YMMV.

ack-ack
« Last Edit: May 21, 2006, 02:27:55 PM by Ack-Ack »