Author Topic: Tips for Making Vidoes  (Read 495 times)

Offline JMFJ

• Copper Member
Tips for Making Vidoes
« on: June 01, 2006, 10:31:04 AM »
Any recommendations on making movies/video's, I noticed in another thread Kermit said that you should pick a theme and stay with it.

Any other words of the wise for a newbie film editor.

JMFJ

Offline red26

• Silver Member
      • http://www.red25s.zoomshare.com
Tips for Making Vidoes
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2006, 02:32:05 PM »
How do you make a film using AH? i cant figure out how yall do it  would you help me here?
US ARMY LEAD THE WAY

Offline Siema

• Zinc Member
Tips for Making Vidoes
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2006, 06:48:23 AM »
There are 3 types of videos you can make
1. Music Video
2. A Trailer
3. A...Movie?

1. Music Video
This is about the easiest type of video to make.
Step 0: pick some songs/music you like
Step 1: Play AH2 extensively. Remember to open the recorder.
Step 3: Search your recordings, find video segments that you think is cool (Remember to try all possible camera angles and moves)
Step 4: Export the video segments into AVI (Either with FRAPS or the built in exporting utitliy)
Step 5: Edit the video segment. Adjust brightness, hue, effects, and time span.
Step 6: Edit the music. Ajust the sound, the part your like.. etc.
Step 7: Combined the video segments, music segment, audio segments together. (I use Ulead Media Studio, but  I heard Adobe's Premiere is better)
Step 8: Review and revise......
Step 9: Share it!! (!!MUST!!)

2. A Trailer
It's basically similar to MV, but a trailer has a stronger theme. It's an abstarct of a story and is very attractive. If this trailer could make ppl want to jump into the cockpit right after watching it, then this is a perfect trailer.
(i.e. Ace Combat 5, Zero's trailers...)

Besides the flying actions, trailers might involve characters, voice acting.
Currently, there's no solution to these issues (unless you can tell a story with the pilot model in AH2).

3. A Movie........
..Sorry.....Impossible ATM......

Hope the first part helps...

Offline rogerdee

• Gold Member
      • http://rogerdee.co.uk
help
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2006, 09:18:53 AM »
ok one of the best things u can do is download fraps,this  is  a movie capture program but is very pc greedy,the trial version lets  u capture 30 second segments of action.

pick  a  idea  and work around it  say low level flight  then go from there

what i do is useualy film a fight in AH  with the AH ecorder which is alt r when in the game,always remeber  its alt r  to start  and alt r to stop.

After taking some films i then go to the AH film viewer  and look at the action  here u can use default views  or you cn play around with different camera angles.  if u find  a clip u want start fraps  and then set the film viewer spoeed  to half speed,u can them captuer parts of this film that u like.when the fraps clips are viewed that are at normal speed.

now u want to pick a video editing program i can use wnidows movie maker but its a bit lilited i use  sony vegus,now transfer the clips to the movie make u can add fading  and different  things  like scratchs black and white etc  and a sound track

then put it all togeather  and see what you got.

it can be frustrating  or it can be fun
490th battling bulldogs
www.rogerdee.co.uk

it does what it says on the tin

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
Tips for Making Vidoes
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2006, 06:28:24 PM »
My only tip is to wait till HTC makes a better film viewer.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
Tips for Making Vidoes
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2006, 09:31:54 PM »
You can always make a SHORT FILM.

See my link in my signature.

It's about 2 TBM pilots that are called in from a nearby friendly CV.
An enemy cv is turning towards a friendly base and soon they may use that carrier to capture the base.  These TBM pilots must fly 1 sector and search for this CV.  Once they find the enemy carrier, they must avoid radar and get close enough to hit it with torpedos.  They must also use team work if they want to make it back alive.  

Will they destroy the enemy cv?  If so, will they make it out alive?  

That's what my short film was about.

Theme was "Top Gun".

I figured no one made any films of TBMs let alone tbms with Top Gun theme songs in the background. :D   I was also trying to tell the story with views never seen before in an AH short film.

I should have another short film done by August 1.  I'm still deciding on a theme and wont start on it until I have a new computer.

So basically, download fraps at fraps.com and run the program in the background.  Make sure you set it up first.  Then run aces high or aces high fim viewer and hit the record button that you set in fraps and fraps will record whatever you see on your monitor in real time.  You can then play these recording with windows media player if you wish.
Time's fun when you're having flies.