Author Topic: Well, How many people...  (Read 1344 times)

Offline Brenjen

• Silver Member
Well, How many people...
« on: June 01, 2006, 05:14:50 PM »
...just lost the ability to use their X-52 to it's fullest? I have been saying the X-52 SST profiles would not import & the modes are useless without it.

The throttle is screwed the view is screwed & on & on.

Skuzzy & HT don't even know what the SST profile is! $100 stick is now useless.

Can anyone shed any light on how to get this new AH version to work with the saitek mode profiler (SST)

It's always a problem with AHII, never any other program. I knew it was gonna suck when the update wouldn't work & kept coming up with errors, I had to delete the HTC folder & start all over again for the new AH version  to work, & it's just like the beta - screwed & not nearly ready for prime time.:cry

Offline JB64

• Zinc Member
Well, How many people...
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2006, 05:17:30 PM »
I have similar probs.......

Offline elc7367b

• Silver Member
Well, How many people...
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2006, 05:19:31 PM »
Problems here with the ch products as well.  Its been a long time since I programed this thing going to be a long time in figuring it out again if I can.

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
Well, How many people...
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2006, 05:19:44 PM »
I've been trying since last week to get my Cyborg Evo Force to work with the beta. So now it is no longer beta, and my stick still doesn't work. Great.:furious
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline Brenjen

• Silver Member
Well, How many people...
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2006, 05:20:05 PM »
I brought up the problems in the beta thread & asked how it was supposed to work, never got an answer, never got fixed, can't use my joystick. Gotta love paying for a cartoon video you can't participate in.:aok

Offline Souless

• Copper Member
Well, How many people...
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2006, 05:25:20 PM »
Only issue i had to manually fix was the axis issues.
For some reason it only showed x y z z axis
From my ch usb gear it is x y z r axis
What was happening was my throttle wasnt responding so I set it to the z axis (which is where it is suppose to be) and then also had to set my rudder peddles on the remaining z axis(should be r)
I also updated my ch control manager to version 4.0 as well hope this helps someone.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Well, How many people...
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2006, 05:27:11 PM »
Its odd.. I am using a X45 combo with SST Software and only had lost throttle control first, was easy to fix. After hearing of that kind of problems during Beta i was afraid of that new patch, for I use a rather exotic combination of X45(with SST), Cyborg 3D Gold, Simped-Vario USB pedals and TrackIr 4
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

storch

Well, How many people...
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2006, 06:07:16 PM »
Originally posted by Lusche
Its odd.. I am using a X45 combo with SST Software and only had lost throttle control first, was easy to fix. After hearing of that kind of problems during Beta i was afraid of that new patch, for I use a rather exotic combination of X45(with SST), Cyborg 3D Gold, Simped-Vario USB pedals and TrackIr 4
please explain how you got your throttle to work for the technically challenged amongst us.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Well, How many people...
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2006, 06:40:43 PM »
Originally posted by storch
please explain how you got your throttle to work for the technically challenged amongst us.

Be assured that I am one of them too...

In my case, I just went options/controls/map controllers,
selected Saitek X45 Flight controller, dblclick on Throttle. A new window popped up, then I selected "Throttle 1" from "Analog Inputs".
But sadly I have some new problems on my own now. FR issues, lost mousepointer in windows, micro-freezes...
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Brenjen

• Silver Member
Well, How many people...
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2006, 06:43:42 PM »
I am about to try a fix I have been discussing with others. I'll post how it works out. One thing I can tell you guys I learned in the beta & POSTED about is you must remap certain keyboard buttons, some of the ones you need are set to "none"

storch

Well, How many people...
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2006, 06:50:12 PM »
Originally posted by Lusche
Be assured that I am one of them too...

In my case, I just went options/controls/map controllers,
selected Saitek X45 Flight controller, dblclick on Throttle. A new window popped up, then I selected "Throttle 1" from "Analog Inputs".
But sadly I have some new problems on my own now. FR issues, lost mousepointer in windows, micro-freezes...
yayyyyyy figured it out I hit "modify"  and it worked.

Offline 332nd outlaw

• Zinc Member
Re: Well, How many people...
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2006, 06:51:33 PM »
Originally posted by Brenjen
...just lost the ability to use their X-52 to it's fullest? I have been saying the X-52 SST profiles would not import & the modes are useless without it.

try mapping direct that is what i did.. just can't use fancy macro's but i had plenty of keys to cover everything. and with all the extra modes u can have all the buttons u would ever want. the one thing i noticed was that ah defaults throttle to slider so you'll have to change that.

the throttle on the x-52 is Z you go into stick mapping and change it off slider to the z one don't remeber which z but one is for rudders and other is for throttle after that mine has worked fine.

but then i never could get sst to work with AH have always used thier stick mapper and this one is alot better then last one..
as far as modes that switch is looked at as buttons in the ah mapper you just got to set them to switch you between AH's differnt modes and your good to go.

Offline 2bighorn

• Gold Member
Re: Re: Well, How many people...
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2006, 06:57:54 PM »
Originally posted by 332nd outlaw
the throttle on the x-52 is Z you go into stick mapping and change it off slider to the z one don't remeber which z but one is for rudders and other is for throttle after that mine has worked fine.
cc Z-axis for throttle and Z-rotation for the rudder

Offline Brenjen

• Silver Member
Well, How many people...
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2006, 09:24:21 PM »
I got it all worked out finally, there's a few hours of my life & three tylenol I'll never get back.:(  The SST software will work, you just gotta work around AH's bugs.

P.S. Mode switch and all work. The SST software is the only way to go, if the AHII control map function would recognize the mode switch on the X-52 so you could map it, it would be easier for the guys who can't figure out the SST program, which is easier than AH's by a long shot.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2006, 09:27:29 PM by Brenjen »

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Well, How many people...
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2006, 09:28:48 PM »
Please note the problem is NOT the way the game handles the input!!

The problem is in the way the game IMPORTS the old settings you had from 2.07. Nothing more! That's the major headache. If you go in and manually re-map all the functions you'll get everything back. It's relatively easy (I'm not THAT tech-savvy but I understood how to do it), but you have to know that you CAN do it (i.e. that the display is interactive, not just a display).