Author Topic: 2.08 Sucks!!!  (Read 1021 times)

Offline BTILiLKilla

• Zinc Member
2.08 Sucks!!!
« on: June 01, 2006, 07:06:44 PM »
OMG WHAT IS UP WITH 2.08 WHENEVR I TRY TO FIRE I RIGHT CLICK, WHEN I TURN I HOLD DOWN LEFT CLICK AND TURN, I CANT SCROLL DOWN TO THROTTEL UP, THIS IS SO PERVERTED GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRR SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE BEFORE I BLOW UP!!!

:furious :furious :furious :furious :furious :furious :furious :furious :furious :

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
2.08 Sucks!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2006, 07:12:02 PM »
read this link!

This is version 2.08 and you can read about the list of changes here
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
2.08 Sucks!!!
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2006, 09:23:36 PM »
Your problem is you're using a mouse for a game that's designed (nay, REQUIRES) a joystick.

Yes, I know, a few people DO use mouse inputs. Sure. But even a cheap 5-year old, $10USD stick will give you 50x the capabilities of a mouse.

Aside from that, if your problem is the throttle, use your other hand to change throttle, not the mouse-hand. This is just a matter of re-learning how to move your hands, not enough to totally freak out (type in caps) about.

Offline SAS_KID

• Silver Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/saskid
2.08 Sucks!!!
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2006, 09:31:30 PM »
whoa i amy need to dl this hehehe.
Quote from: hitech on Today at 09:27:26 AM
What utter and compete BS, quite frankly I should kick you off this bbs for this post.

The real truth is you do not like the answer.

HiTech

Offline bkbandit

• Nickel Member
2.08 Sucks!!!
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2006, 04:30:47 AM »
well since this is about the new update i figured i ask this question here.  Before i when my engine started on the runway it went start to full power.  The + and - buttons are set to control throttle but there not working, and i had a button set to idle my engine and now it doesnt work.  I need to fix this stuff to play

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
2.08 Sucks!!!
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2006, 04:38:53 AM »
bkbandit,  are you using mouse as well?

Because as soon as you have ANY for of throttle on mouse/joystick (wheel or lever), the keyboard control for throttle (+ and - key) is DISABLED.
21 is only half the truth.

Offline TexMurphy

• Silver Member
2.08 Sucks!!!
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2006, 05:08:03 AM »

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
2.08 Sucks!!!
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2006, 05:25:30 AM »
Tex, the issue is NOT money or buying a stick.

The issue is WANTING to. As i said in another thread already. I regret that with the new system nem players cant try out the game immediatly after download without having to run to the store first to buy a stick.

And while *I* couldnt imagine doing that, i know quite a few players that fly mouse and bag me easily with it. They definitly are more comfortable/better off with mouse then with a stick.

Im not sure why we need to harrass them for it, or why game should be made unenjoyable for them, basically FORCING them to use a stick.

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
2.08 Sucks!!!
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2006, 06:58:02 AM »
Well Schatzi normally I agree with you, however this time finds us on opposite sides of the fence. AH  is a WWII "flight" simulator, with some very good gameplay.  As such it really demands the minimum of hardware to fly well. That includes a joystick, flying with just keyboard is simply not possible. Flying with the mouse while possible is not easy,  intuitive, or supported, and takes much time and attention to detail to master.   It would be like trying to drive a car with no steering wheel. Only the brake & throttle. Yes you can make the car move with just those 2,  but your really not driving it.

Same can be said for 95% of those who try to fly with a mouse.
Yes they are making the plane move, but can they really FLY?

Considering that we have between 600 and 1500 $ tied up in a computer.
15$ a month for AH plus internet at another 15 - 40 $ a month.

Paying 50$ for a joystick so we can get the most out of the game we love really isn't unreasonable. Especially not when you consider most good joysticks will last 3 - 6 years with no real problems. Thats less than a dollar a month and makes a HUGE difference on your flying.

Trying to run AH without a joystick should be like trying to run AH without a sound card. Should get an error msg telling you AH won't run without it.

Saves their time, your time, trainers time, and everyone has fewer headaches.

Because we are all on the same page from the start.

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
2.08 Sucks!!!
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2006, 07:18:12 AM »
Originally posted by Ghosth
Flying with the mouse while possible is not easy,  intuitive, or supported, and takes much time and attention to detail to master.

Agreed 100%.

Originally posted by Ghosth
Yes they are making the plane move, but can they really FLY?

Have you ever met Raptor01? Or Lazer? Or Smiggy?

Yes, id say the CAN fly!!!!

I still dont understand why HT felt the need to change the mouse settings. Ive always told people that if they want to play this game more then a few hours, theyll need a Joystick (like for takeoff etc). But i dont see any harm in downloading the game, install it, get yourself going with autotakeoff and then see if you like the game while flying with mouse. Ive helped many a guy with mouse that told me "Hey, ill get a JS tomorrow, what do you recommend?". Is that a bad thing?

PS: Oh, and BTW Ghosth, i dont not think we really disagree on this. Me as well think that you need a Joystick to play AH. Yes, some people get really good with mouse... always makes me wonder what they could do with a decent JS setup *shudder*......

Offline Bunyip

• Zinc Member
2.08 Sucks!!!
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2006, 07:56:35 AM »
texmurph go and fly a kite mate :)

Offline BTILiLKilla

• Zinc Member
2.08 Sucks!!!
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2006, 08:00:49 AM »
abd yes, thats my other question guys/ladies, on my mouse, I have a little scrollie thing, is it possible to input the + and the - functions to that like it was in 2.07?? so when i scroll back the throttle will increase, and when forward, it will decrease??...

Offline croduh

• Gold Member
2.08 Sucks!!!
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2006, 08:03:35 AM »
Originally posted by Schatzi
Have you ever met Raptor01? Or Lazer? Or Smiggy?Or croduh?

There i fixed it for you.
Anway whoever says flying with mouse is tough he never tried flying with mouse or he tried when he first tried the game (when it doesn't matter if you have a stick or mouse, you fly hard).

Offline bkbandit

• Nickel Member
2.08 Sucks!!!
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2006, 10:28:24 AM »
Im not playing with a mouse but i dont have a stick either.  I got one of those ps2 copys.  Its a logitech.  Everything on it is just like the ps2.  I have fixed it for the most part but i still havent figured out the engine problems.  Before when i started the engine on the ground(or auot take off)  the engine would go to full power.  Then i could either wep or just pull off normal. Its doesnt do that any more.  Another thing that i need fixed is before my "triangle" button would take my engine from either wep or full power and cut it to a zero percent idle then when i took my finger off the button it would go right back to full power.  LASt time i didnt set it this way, the game preetyy much set up it self and this is the what it gave me.
The left analog is the stick the right analog is the rudder, the square button is my first weapon, x button is my second, and circle button was my all weapon button.  The d pad had my views but i used the number pad instead.  I need that engine stuffed fixed right away so i can get back in the game.  

I havent got a stick because everytime im about to go out to get one somethin happens.  PLus i cant find nothin i want.

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
2.08 Sucks!!!
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2006, 10:45:40 AM »
Originally posted by duh
There i fixed it for you.
Anway whoever says flying with mouse is tough he never tried flying with mouse or he tried when he first tried the game (when it doesn't matter if you have a stick or mouse, you fly hard).

duh, sorry for missing you.

But i disagree. Flying with mouse IS harder. (And i *did* try it. Both. When i was already fairly good flying skill wise). You definitly have a less fine rudder input, and you can tell me you can look back up, pop your flaps out and correct aim with rudder all at the same time in a fight. Youd need at least three hands for that. With that im not saying you cant work around that - many people obviously do that with much success..... but still a Joystick makes it easier (at least in the long run, youll need a few weeks adjustment time).