Author Topic: 2.08 Stick Mapping Modes?  (Read 528 times)

Offline stantond

• Nickel Member
2.08 Stick Mapping Modes?
« on: June 01, 2006, 07:53:08 PM »
What are the modes for?  The reason I ask is that I am trying to get some stick configuration for GV's and can't.  Fighters work ok, but nothing else.  Do the modes work yet?  

Shouldn't there be a sticky or some instructions on the changes made to the stick mapping and how to work with those changes?  I would appreciate one.  It's no show stopper as such, but it would be nice to have different modes for GV, Bomber, Fighter, Boat... if that is what the modes are intended for.  If indeed the modes are for the different vehicles stick mappings how about calling the four modes Fighter, Ground Vehicle, Bomber, and Boat (not necessarily in that order)?  

Regards,

Malta

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2006, 09:21:17 PM »
A mode is basically a stickset. It's the same thing only with a different name. You can map stuff on a different stickset, then (here's the key part) map a key/button to toggle to that stickset, then the inputs do different things. You could make it so that a button does one thing in mode 1 and another thing in mode 2, or make it so that (if you wanted) the axis of forward/back were reversed in mode 2, or whatever.

UNfortunately (capital UN) you cannot map more than 1 thing to an axis anymore. You used to be able to.

Offline WldThing

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2006, 09:28:39 PM »
So mode is a stick set? Fair enough, now please answer the question of how to put another set of views on a "Mode", especially on one button?

I figured I'd have to map all my basic views on "Mode 1" and then all of my other 8 views on "Mode 2".  Now what I dont see is a "Toggle Between Mode", does this mean that I need to have two buttons mapped to switch between Mode 1 and Mode 2?  That would suck.  

And apparently when you switch modes the text buffer fills up with "Mode 2 Selected, etc.. " Talk about disturbing.

Offline SKJohn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2006, 11:28:45 AM »
Ialso had the same problem with "modes".  I figured I'd set one mode as a keyset for fighters, mode 2 for bombers, etc like I use to have on the SST software. (Using x45)
So I set my mode switches to correspond to the modes. (ie mode 1 on the throttle  = mode 1 control set up).
Then I did SOMETHING (?) and got a "mode 2 selected" message in the text bufer - but I haven't mapped anything for mode 2 yet so now nothing works.
I've looked all over for a "toggle mode" key or something like that, but can't findone.  Now I'm stuck in mode 2 and can't get out - HELP!  
How do I switch back to mode 1????

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2006, 12:55:40 PM »
Choose a button on your joystick to switch modes. With Mode 1 selected that button should be set to toggle Mode 2 on, and in Mode 2 that button should toggle Mode 1.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline SKJohn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2006, 01:05:59 PM »
There isn't a "toggle modes" selection that I can find in the contols setup area - just modes 1,2, and 3.
I'm not sure how to set it up to toggle w/o that - could you please explaina  little more in detail? thanks!

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2006, 01:53:43 PM »
Your x45 has a mode slide switch that maps to button positions IF you map the x45 output (Buttons 11-13) to the proper AH input (Global - Mode 1-4 Select).  Since it also maps to the SST software program it may be confusing to use those slide switches so you could map the Slide Switch to "None" and do as I do and map the Mode Selects to the numeric keypad /*-+ keys.  This has the additional advantage in selecting all 4 Stick Sets instead of only three that the slide switch allows.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2006, 02:07:55 PM »
Button 13 for instance, in mode 1 set it to "Mode 2" and in mode 2 set it to "Mode 1." Now its a toggle.

Taken a step further you could have more than two modes mapped.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline SKJohn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2006, 02:23:06 PM »
Thanks Easycor and Chalenge - those are the ideas I needed to hear.  Off to implement them!

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2006, 03:48:56 PM »
keyboard map or control map, under Global > Mode1-4

I have 2 sticksets. The same button on stickset 1 is set to "mode 2" and on mode 2 is set to "mode 1" so that I effectively cheat a toggle action into working.

Offline MajWoody

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2006, 09:39:53 AM »
Could you set a button on your stick to the same as keypad 5 so that when you pushed it you would get all of your up views in conjunction with your hat?
Lets keep the stupid to a minimum.
Old Age and Treachery, will overcome youth and skill EVERYTIME

Offline Brenjen

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2006, 10:15:48 AM »
If the clipboard controller map recognized the mode switch on the X-52 it would make it a breeze. It seems to change the modes now using the AH map, you must map a button or switch (other than the proper X-52 mode switch) to do it. The SST software still functions the same & is much better than the AH map. Once you tweak the SST to match the AH map that is.

If anyone knows how to link the X-52 mode switch to the AH modes please post it.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2006, 01:46:44 PM »
Originally posted by MajWoody
Could you set a button on your stick to the same as keypad 5 so that when you pushed it you would get all of your up views in conjunction with your hat?
Yes you can. It's the only way to go IMO.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline airspro

• Silver Member
      • My Blastoff start page :P
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2006, 01:54:32 PM »
In the AH keymapper I have =

Stick set 1 to / on the number pad
Stick set 2 to * on the number pad
Stick set 3 to "Enter" on the number pad
Stick set 4 to . on the number pad