Author Topic: Gameplay, incentives, HTC  (Read 4578 times)

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
Gameplay, incentives, HTC
« Reply #60 on: June 03, 2006, 06:01:23 PM »
Originally posted by hitech
KaTnIp: Hope you enjoyed your point, because you will not be flying with us after this week end.

HiTech

HiTech:

The sweet leetness of the pwnage is delicious, but a questions' in order -- is it now HTC policy that scorepadding with a second account is grounds for ejection?. If so, then how much repetition is needed for a "cheating" violation? Will the drone-like target also be penalized?

And, more importantly for the game, now that we've been reminded that if you get caught, you're out -- how will we note those padders who are more subtle, and arrange for a different target plane every time the cooperative drone ups?

Suggestion: could there be an additional function on the stats page that lists "opponents killed," and reports the CPIDs of every target killed more than, say 5 times. If there's a willing drone involved, it should be pretty obvious, especially when cross referenced with the target's stats. (I mean, if 2 guys keep upping to engage each other, each should get kills and itll be clear one isnt a drone.)

Without this kind of stat function, your intervention here will drive this kind of padding far enough underground that WE wont be able to see it. I'd be very disappointed if the anti-cheat policy is simply "dont brag about it, dont embarrass us, and we'll turn a blind eye." Since you are reporting the scores on the homepage, the blind eye approach essentially impugns the integrity of the game.Only with the "target killed" stat can the community watch the problem....

With respect,

Simaril
« Last Edit: June 03, 2006, 06:09:16 PM by Simaril »
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline Redd

• Silver Member
« Reply #61 on: June 03, 2006, 10:29:41 PM »
Originally posted by 0GravPirate
Heres some advice...IT is a GAME so game it.

TIPS for rank

Get field captures in a c47 and a m3
Use a PT boat to torp barges and shoot rockets at towns near shores
VULCH in fighter mode
Do much tank town and try for 5 kills a sortie
Do bomber milkruns against cities and such
Use a Stuka with the big bomb and hotpad and repeat as many times as ya can
In attack mode bomb gvs and town and hotpad and repeat

Be an oppritunist... if you smell an advantage take it

Sounds like teh awesome fun.
I come from a land downunder

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #62 on: June 03, 2006, 10:51:40 PM »
Originally posted by KaTnIp
now yes i buffer the scores and ranks by this other person. i did it to show a point.

My response to KaTnIp's blunder

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline IownU

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
« Reply #63 on: June 04, 2006, 12:33:11 AM »
lmfao all of you bash on me for showing a point but there is someone out there now that is still at it and has been at it for a long time. as of a matter of fact all of you ponited it out to hitech and he did nothing as of right now this certain person sits with

Fighter      attack

kills     12                12
           assist    3                3
           landed  2                 2
             died    1                  1

ow well guess its ok for this person to keep doing what he/she is doing and just bash the ones that try to make everyone aware of it must be nice to have hitech in your back pocket. i dont care if i get the big boot as long as i make all of aces high office crew aware of whats going on.

respectfully,
KaTnIp
« Last Edit: June 04, 2006, 12:36:03 AM by IownU »

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: June 04, 2006, 01:57:32 AM »
So, in summary, you made HTC look silly by boasting of your exploitation of the scoring system, which we all know is a joke anyway. WTFG.  'Bye.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Redd

• Silver Member
« Reply #65 on: June 04, 2006, 04:24:05 AM »
Doesn't look bannable to me. Most of the score weenies are doing things just as lame to play the rank game. Vulch a friends account - vulch other guys at a field endlessly.  Only a fine line in degree of lameness.
I come from a land downunder

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #66 on: June 04, 2006, 08:03:17 AM »
Who said "irony?", Levi I think.  I'm thinking more of Hawthorne's The Scarlet Letter.

Pax,

Hap

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
Re: Re: Gameplay, incentives, HTC
« Reply #67 on: June 04, 2006, 09:25:50 AM »
Originally posted by ghi
i don't see big diference betwen this guy and other  rainbow warriors, vulching and running/ bombing factorys/camping  for score and a spot on front page
    All this rank sistem / the Aces on front on front page , makes the players behave cowardly, shelfish,avoid the fights and losse the best part of the game,

So GHI when we see you suicide a set of dive bombing b26's into a Cv at least we can say "you are not playing for rank".  When you suicide 26's we can say he's not ......behave cowardly, shelfish,avoid the fights and losse the best part of the game

Not Just to GHI this follwing comment but alot of you guys have totally the WRONG idea about rank let alone whats needed to get rank.  In short you guys are small minded sheep lead by skill-less guys with an excuse for their talentless behavour.  If your doctrine is "landing is over rated" or "bombers are 10 a penny" then YOU are the guys pulling this game down.  The guys with rank earn rank it's not bomb and bail , pork and auger, suicide dive bombing, suicide straff runs.  Rank is bases more to the historical side of things in my oppinion.  It's landing kills getting 20K in bombers etc.  A hole host of stuff that half of you gamey little tossers can't be arsed to learn about let alone do.  

You wanna have a poke at guys with rank then don't come across like a total idiot.  Debate what part of rank is cowardly, shelfish, fight avoiding, or comes anywhere near losses best part of game.  For what ever asspect of your arguement I or others will point out just where you have gone wrong.

Example 1 Fighter Rank To get fighter rank you don't float about the arena killing a guy here 1 guy there.  You don't spend 2 hours getting 17 kills after 5 re-arms.  Rank is bases on kills per sortie, Hit percentage % and time it's done in.... QUICKLY.  And to do that you gotta get in the fight.  None of this crap about running away extending D 5k to do a HO on your pinged up, gun jammed, smoking wreck blah blah blah.

As for katty-nipped.  If he has proof of somone padding score to get on AH home page then he shoulda e-mailed HTC.  I'll put it to ya that his excuse is just that.... an excuse.  In my Oppinion if he was really making a point he woulda seen his name on the front page then immediately made a Big POST here about it.  We got silence and he got another 20 ju88 kills before he found out his number was up.  Shame on him or anyone doing this.

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
Re: Re: Re: Gameplay, incentives, HTC
« Reply #68 on: June 04, 2006, 09:53:27 AM »
Originally posted by LYNX

Not Just to GHI this follwing comment but alot of you guys have totally the WRONG idea about rank let alone whats needed to get rank.  In short you guys are small minded sheep lead by skill-less guys with an excuse for their talentless behavour.  If your doctrine is "landing is over rated" or "bombers are 10 a penny" then YOU are the guys pulling this game down.  The guys with rank earn rank it's not bomb and bail , pork and auger, suicide dive bombing, suicide straff runs.  Rank is bases more to the historical side of things in my oppinion.  It's landing kills getting 20K in bombers etc.  A hole host of stuff that half of you gamey little tossers can't be arsed to learn about let alone do.  

Example 1 Fighter Rank To get fighter rank you don't float about the arena killing a guy here 1 guy there.  You don't spend 2 hours getting 17 kills after 5 re-arms.  Rank is bases on kills per sortie, Hit percentage % and time it's done in.... QUICKLY.  And to do that you gotta get in the fight.  None of this crap about running away extending D 5k to do a HO on your pinged up, gun jammed, smoking wreck blah blah blah.

I really can't disagree more strongly than I actually do, but I'll try not to be insulting to anyone in my response.  

Whats the best way to get fighter rank (just in response to your example)?

Easy.  Fly a fast plane with cannon, and cherrypick.  If at all possible, vulch (it'll help the hit percentage.. those planes in the air can be downright wiggly sometimes, even when they are already slow and fighting other people).

No offense to Shawk, but he is a perfect example of a "smart" (or timid, depending on your PoV) flyer who plays for rank.  He flies a fast plane, he flies in a pack, and he never engages alone.  If he is caught with his pants down (lower than an enemy plane) he runs until he gets some friendlies to come in, then he comes back looking to cherrypick.  He "extends" indefinately.

And the masses think he is a good fighter pilot and strive to emulate him.  That is what disgusts me.  I'm alright with a few pilots doing the whole timid thing because that is what they like to do.. but an arena full of people who fly that way because "thats how the aces fly" is just absurd to me.

You can take the whole "play for rank thing" to an extreme and only do things if they'll help your rank.  

Example.. you need at least 1 sortie in a PT boat where you hit something with rockets.  Baltic used to be a great map for that.. you could spawn at some base right next to an enemy factory, and shoot your rockets and hit.  Didn't matter if the buildings were down or not, still counted.  For bomber rank.. you take a Stuka and milkrun a factory a few times (hotpadding - more than 1 sortie is suboptimal for the ranking deal).  GVs... camp.  Not tank town tho, to easy to die there.

Anyway, I imagine I lost my point in there somewhere so I'll try to restate it briefly.  I'm sure that this is true in all categories, but I know it is true for fighters.  Having a high fighter rank does not imply that you are actually any good.  All that it means is that you have figured out how to score highly in the subcategories.

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Gameplay, incentives, HTC
« Reply #69 on: June 04, 2006, 11:43:59 AM »
Originally posted by Urchin
Having a high fighter rank does not imply that you are actually any good.  All that it means is that you have figured out how to score highly in the subcategories.

Exactly, and although you don't need a second account, or a willing accomplice, it obviously helps. There are tricks in most, if not all of the categories. It has absolutely nothing to do with historical tactics and operations.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline WarRaidr

• Zinc Member
« Reply #70 on: June 04, 2006, 12:22:42 PM »
Urchin said

No offense to Shawk, but he is a perfect example of a "smart" (or timid, depending on your PoV) flyer who plays for rank. He flies a fast plane, he flies in a pack, and he never engages alone. If he is caught with his pants down (lower than an enemy plane) he runs until he gets some friendlies to come in, then he comes back looking to cherrypick. He "extends" indefinately.

Look at his last camp, 588 of his kills were in a C Hog not exactly the fastest plane in the game and being in his squad i know that he flies alone a lot more than you're assuming. SHawk is a good virtual pilot with good aim and very good knowledge of the planes he flies and also what his victims are going to do. If you're lower or slower than the enemy would you press a losing position ? probably not so why bash SHawk for doing it ?

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #71 on: June 04, 2006, 01:46:32 PM »
I really can't disagree more strongly than I actually do, but I'll try not to be insulting to anyone in my response.  

Whats the best way to get fighter rank (just in response to your example)?

Easy.  Fly a fast plane with cannon, and cherrypick.  If at all possible, vulch (it'll help the hit percentage.. those planes in the air can be downright wiggly sometimes, even when they are already slow and fighting other people).

No offense to Shawk, but he is a perfect example of a "smart" (or timid, depending on your PoV) flyer who plays for rank.  He flies a fast plane, he flies in a pack, and he never engages alone.  If he is caught with his pants down (lower than an enemy plane) he runs until he gets some friendlies to come in, then he comes back looking to cherrypick.  He "extends" indefinately.

And the masses think he is a good fighter pilot and strive to emulate him.  That is what disgusts me.  I'm alright with a few pilots doing the whole timid thing because that is what they like to do.. but an arena full of people who fly that way because "thats how the aces fly" is just absurd to me.

You can take the whole "play for rank thing" to an extreme and only do things if they'll help your rank.  

Example.. you need at least 1 sortie in a PT boat where you hit something with rockets.  Baltic used to be a great map for that.. you could spawn at some base right next to an enemy factory, and shoot your rockets and hit.  Didn't matter if the buildings were down or not, still counted.  For bomber rank.. you take a Stuka and milkrun a factory a few times (hotpadding - more than 1 sortie is suboptimal for the ranking deal).  GVs... camp.  Not tank town tho, to easy to die there.

Anyway, I imagine I lost my point in there somewhere so I'll try to restate it briefly.  I'm sure that this is true in all categories, but I know it is true for fighters.  Having a high fighter rank does not imply that you are actually any good.  All that it means is that you have figured out how to score highly in the subcategories.
the best example to use of lamer fighter score-padding is pacerr.  Shawk will at least fight you.  All I've ever seen pacerr doing is vulching/cherry picking/RUNNING!:aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #72 on: June 04, 2006, 02:11:09 PM »
Originally posted by WarRaidr
Urchin said

Look at his last camp, 588 of his kills were in a C Hog not exactly the fastest plane in the game and being in his squad i know that he flies alone a lot more than you're assuming. SHawk is a good virtual pilot with good aim and very good knowledge of the planes he flies and also what his victims are going to do. If you're lower or slower than the enemy would you press a losing position ? probably not so why bash SHawk for doing it ?

If I was mistaken in my judgement of how he flies then I'll apologize.  I've run into him several times and it was generally under the same circumstances though.  While I understand the need to defend your squadmate, I am not calling him out.. I don't dislike him or anything.  He was just the most well known example of a 'smart' flier.  

As far as calling folks out I've run into a lot of "smart fliers" since I came back a few months ago, I just figured Shawk would be the most well known.

Offline JMFJ

• Copper Member
« Reply #73 on: June 04, 2006, 02:20:35 PM »
"thats how the aces fly".

Since there is no award or nomination for who is an "ace" and who is not (in the game), I must figure you're referring to WW2 aces.  In WW2, If you don't rtb you werent an ace, you were dead.  I don't really think it is logical to downsize someone (or their talents) for wanting to play that way.

GVs... camp.  Not tank town tho, to easy to die there.

Claiming High ranking GV guys "camp only" is an easy way out, and not the major factor some would like to believe.  I won't even up unless I know I got a 1 (myself) to 3 (cons) ratio.  There is nothing more gratifying than winning a tank encounter when you are severely outnumbered, or breaking spawn camps.  In regards to your statement about gv's and tank town, take note of my tour 75 every one of those kills and deaths happened in tank town.  Of which case I was spending to much time dodging bombs to set up for a spawn camp.

JMFJ

Offline JMFJ

• Copper Member
Re: Re: Gameplay, incentives, HTC
« Reply #74 on: June 04, 2006, 02:27:58 PM »
Originally posted by ghi
i don't see big diference betwen this guy and other  rainbow warriors, vulching and running/ bombing factorys/camping  for score and a spot on front page
    All this rank sistem / the Aces on front on front page , makes the players behave cowardly, shelfish,avoid the fights and losse the best part of the game,

LOL, uuuuumkaaaaay

The great thing about opinions, they don't require proof.

JMFJ