Author Topic: The Da Vinci Code  (Read 270 times)

Offline xrtoronto

• Platinum Member
The Da Vinci Code
« on: June 03, 2006, 11:17:41 PM »
Just returned from viewing The Da Vinci Code. It's hard to know where to begin.

I was expecting alot from this picture for a variety of reasons. Not the least of these reasons would be because of who directed it. One of the best movies I have ever seen was 'A Beautiful Mind' directed by Ron Howard and Brian Grazer. TDC is also directed by Ron Howard and produced by Brian Grazer. I will say that I didn't care for the ending much, but the entire movie before it was exra-ordinary.

I would like to know how much of what was talked about ie: historical accounts of people(s) and even their existence. I can already tell that this is a movie that is going to stay with me for a few days. There were parts in this movie when memory and reality meet and the resulting image(s) created a distinctly uncomfortable feeling deep inside me. That kind of thing is rare for me.

I totally encourage you all to see this flick. The movie never lags all the way through...it's just one intense scene and on to the next. I suppose some who are deeply religious may be offended, but hey, doesn't matter what you do or what you say nowadays you're gonna offend someone.

Has anyone else here seen this movie yet? What impression did it leave you with?

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
The Da Vinci Code
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2006, 11:25:22 PM »
I haven't seen it but I did watch Sink The Bismarck today.  

It was not as good as I remembered.  Still ok though.
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline xrtoronto

• Platinum Member
The Da Vinci Code
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2006, 11:29:10 PM »
Damn, wish I hadn't missed Sink the Bismarck...i haven't seen it for long time

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
The Da Vinci Code
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2006, 11:33:14 PM »
Bought it on DVD for $9.99 at Best Buy.  Also bought Tora, Tora, Tora as well.

It's freakin' amazing how much better these movies are in widescreen than the crap 'n' scan that I had to watch as a kid.
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
Re: The Da Vinci Code
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2006, 12:26:08 AM »
Originally posted by xrtoronto

I would like to know how much of what was talked about ie: historical accounts of people(s) and even their existence. I can already tell that this is a movie that is going to stay with me for a few days. There were parts in this movie when memory and reality meet and the resulting image(s) created a distinctly uncomfortable feeling deep inside me. That kind of thing is rare for me.

It's all false. Good story. But all false.. none of it's true.

Your genetic and racical memory has not been triggerd.

it's all a clever hoax, there was no spanish inquistion.

now, drink the koolaid and read the book.

muahahhahhahahhahhahhhahhahha hhaaa!
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
Re: The Da Vinci Code
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2006, 08:23:17 AM »
Originally posted by xrtoronto
I would like to know how much of what was talked about ie: historical accounts of people(s) and even their existence.

Toronto, here's a link for you.  http://www.jesusdecoded.com/introduction.php

Yes, the movie set some people talking.

Pax,

Hap

Offline BlueJ1

• Platinum Member
The Da Vinci Code
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2006, 09:52:18 AM »
I read the book. Im gona stick with that.
U.S.N.
Aviation Electrician MH-60S
OEF 08-09'

Offline WhiteHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
The Da Vinci Code
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2006, 10:28:05 AM »
Man I wish they would remake these old war movies, specially like 12 oclk hi, midway, and sink the bismark, using dreamworks or pixar style animation instead of the model ships and plastic airplanes.

Offline lukster

• Gold Member
The Da Vinci Code
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2006, 10:54:45 AM »
Read the book, probably won't see the movie. What's the point when you know the surprise ending. So far as conspiracy theories go it was interesting, at least until I started researching the premises upon which it was based. A good conspiracy theory has to have at least some plausiblilty. As pure fiction it was so so.