Author Topic: Last night on the history channel  (Read 1841 times)

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
Last night on the history channel
« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2006, 12:18:09 PM »
They get a list of everyone on a BBS that trashed them and then went around door to door kicking their arse.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Goomba

• Copper Member
« Reply #46 on: June 05, 2006, 12:34:43 PM »
I'll betcha that, with 60 years of passionate ethical debate on the morality of using the atomic bomb at stake, if it were true it would have long since been made very, very public.

If you think about it, proof that the Japanese were only a short step away from a successful bomb would be very powerful justification.  The fact that the Germans had an active program has long been espoused as one of the main motiovations for the Manhattan Project.

Them or Us.

Offline Stringer

• Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2006, 12:55:20 PM »
"Ahh...the Luftwaffe, the Washington Generals of the History Channel".....Homer Simpson

Offline Brenjen

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: June 05, 2006, 03:32:17 PM »
Originally posted by rpm
They get a list of everyone on a BBS that trashed them and then went around door to door kicking their arse.

:rofl  Sounds funny, I'll have to give it a look.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #49 on: June 05, 2006, 03:39:47 PM »
Originally posted by Brenjen
(edited for brevity's sake)I don't like being called names. You guys can bash the History channel all you like, I could'nt care less. I'll give you my address. hiding behind a keyboard for safety.

German atomic research ... feared Hitlers use. U.F.O.'s? As soon as they have proof the U.F.O.'s people are reporting are actually military aircraft, I'm sure they will update. Wikpedia boo. Monday. moderators. I was attacked on a personal level. you are youngsters. Polishing my wood as I type this. wooderson avatar.

Get over it. Nobody was calling you names. We just weren't taking this thread seriously. If you can't handle that then you can't handle much. :D

Offline Brenjen

• Silver Member
« Reply #50 on: June 05, 2006, 03:45:27 PM »
I consider being called a numbnut being called names on a personal level, if you want to bash the history channel, GET OVER IT & start your own thread, stop flaming mine.

I can handle it fine, & have.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #51 on: June 05, 2006, 03:49:16 PM »
You have? Then what's with the case of I'llkickyourassformakingfunofmeitis? ;) :aok

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: June 05, 2006, 04:06:20 PM »
:rofl  Sounds funny, I'll have to give it a look.

I would suggest not wasting your time on that movie. The only part that was even remotely funny was when they went around beating people up for bashing them on a BBS. They showed up at this one house and a kid around 11 or 12 answers the door. (They have this list (and its HUGE) of people who talked trash about them and what they said.) They ask the kid....did you say such and such about so and so? They kid smiles and proudly says....yeah I did! He gets his butt kicked and they move on to their next victim. That same type of scene gets repeated about a half a dozen times or so.
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Brenjen

• Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: June 05, 2006, 04:06:54 PM »
Originally posted by Arlo
You have? Then what's with the case of I'llkickyourassformakingfunofmeitis? ;) :aok

I never said I'll kick your as for making fun of me to anyone, I simply am giving the cowards behind the keyboards the option to pony up their mouths.

If a person feels comfortable typing insults & is too much of a coward to do it face to face it's not my fault, I'm giving the opportunity to say it to my face...like a man.

If someone were to take me up on it & it came to blows, I may or may not come out on top, but I'll be damned to an eternity in hell if I curl up & let someone wipe their feet on me. Who knows, we might end up talking it out & having a beer together.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #54 on: June 05, 2006, 04:12:46 PM »
I never said I'll kick your as for making fun of me to anyone, I simply am giving the cowards behind the keyboards the option to pony up their mouths.

If a person feels comfortable typing insults & is too much of a coward to do it face to face it's not my fault, I'm giving the opportunity to say it to my face...like a man.

If someone were to take me up on it & it came to blows, I may or may not come out on top, but I'll be damned to an eternity in hell if I curl up & let someone wipe their feet on me. Who knows, we might end up talking it out & having a beer together.

You're reading more personal insults than people are making. You have issues. I suggest professional help. Other than that, I suggest you also not take everything you see on the history channel as gospel. Have a nice day, big guy.  :aok

Offline Brenjen

• Silver Member
« Reply #55 on: June 05, 2006, 04:18:42 PM »
Nope, I only read the one & that's all I need.

Yes I do have issues with poeple insulting me.

I suggest you not flame threads if your not interested in the topic, don't post in it.

I will trust the History channels physical documentation & personal interviews & other first hand interviews with people who worked on the project conducted by other media sources over the years over Wikpedia any day thanks.

I am having & will continue to have a nice day, thank you.

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: June 05, 2006, 04:34:46 PM »
Ok B5N, read this and read it carefully.  I'll give you as much time as you need to think out your reply.

Where SPECIFICALLY did I call YOU a numbnut?  

Come on, I know you can do it.   Read carefully.  Insinuation and direct insults are 2 different things.  

You can bash Wiki all you want and others can bash the History Channel all they want.  Rather than just have a knee jerk reaction why don't you engage your brain before posting?  The Wiki, just like THC, is nothing more than a source of information.  It's how you process that information that makes a difference.  The beauty of Wiki is that it can be edited by anyone, that's what makes it unique, it has a built-in set of checks and balances that are constant.  With a media resource like THC all you get is what they produce.  All I did was list the entry from Wiki and rather than just use it as another source for the subject of your thread you decide to flame it.  

But, hey, who am I to stop someone from looking like an idiot...

I am betting that we get another tough guy response...I can hardly wait.
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline Pooh21

• Gold Member
« Reply #57 on: June 05, 2006, 07:14:04 PM »
hmm this toughguy thread has gone on 2 pages without him backing up his Toughguy credentials.

so I shall for him

I am 6'2"(all internet toughguys are ALWAYS  6'2"+ I am thinking it is a manifestation of shortman syndrome.)

230 lbs of muscle!!11one, because I am [played football in school,wrassled gators,Bodybuilder,Steel plant worker,].(pick one)

I am a  [Boxer,Wrestler,Ninja,Snip3r,Hong Kong Phooey](pick one)
Bis endlich der Fiend am Boden liegt.
Bis Bishland bis Bishland bis Bishland wird besiegt!

Offline Debonair

• Gold Member
« Reply #58 on: June 05, 2006, 07:36:31 PM »
history channel ever run documentaries about flame wars?

Offline Brenjen

• Silver Member
« Reply #59 on: June 05, 2006, 07:42:56 PM »
Originally posted by Pooh21
hmm this toughguy thread has gone on 2 pages without him backing up his Toughguy credentials.

so I shall for him

I am 6'2"(all internet toughguys are ALWAYS  6'2"+ I am thinking it is a manifestation of shortman syndrome.)

230 lbs of muscle!!11one, because I am [played football in school,wrassled gators,Bodybuilder,Steel plant worker,].(pick one)

I am a  [Boxer,Wrestler,Ninja,Snip3r,Hong Kong Phooey](pick one)

ROFLMAO; none of the above, close on the height for me, I have no idea about the big mouth on the other end of the network.

Come on, I know you can do it. Read carefully. Insinuation and direct insults are 2 different things

No they're not. They're one & the same, insinuation is just a way for a coward to attempt to hide or later change the tone to fit his later arguements. Only a fool wouldn't take it in the spirit it was intended.

Edit: What does a jap plane have to do with this? I am not & never have gone by B5N
« Last Edit: June 05, 2006, 07:48:36 PM by Brenjen »