Author Topic: Bare metal - How I do it  (Read 3194 times)

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Bare metal - How I do it
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2006, 12:38:43 PM »
Okay here's the checklist

directory named "c47a1" ?

8-bit (256 color) bitmaps saved in "c47a1" ?

bitmaps are properly named "c47a1.bmp" and "c47a2.bmp" ?

Offline macleod01

• Gold Member
      • http://www.71sqn.co.uk
Bare metal - How I do it
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2006, 12:40:26 PM »
ok, all three are CHECK and ready to go, but it stiall aint goin! Now im really confused
seeds have been laid...but they arent trees we're growing. we're growing organic grenades!- 321BAR
I'd have a better chance in running into a Dodo Bird in the middle of rush hour, walking down the I-5 with two hookers in tow before I see a useful post from glock89- Ack-Ack

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Bare metal - How I do it
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2006, 12:56:18 PM »
Okay, next step checklist:

Start up AH ?

Go to hanger and select C47 ?

Click the drop down box for skins, does one say "c47a1" ?

If it does, have you selected it ?

Does it display on the skin in the hangar ?

Offline macleod01

• Gold Member
Bare metal - How I do it
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2006, 01:32:11 PM »
AH starts up, My skin is there, called Orange and Silver Colour, but I cant select it, it just goes back to default, and it doesnt display in the hanger.
seeds have been laid...but they arent trees we're growing. we're growing organic grenades!- 321BAR
I'd have a better chance in running into a Dodo Bird in the middle of rush hour, walking down the I-5 with two hookers in tow before I see a useful post from glock89- Ack-Ack

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Bare metal - How I do it
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2006, 01:44:42 PM »
Okay then it's one of two things.

Either it's the way you saved the file, or where the file is.

Check that "c47a1" (the directory) is located under "Aces High II\Skins\C47a1" and not some other path.

Then go back and check how you saved these files. In photoshop, you go to Image > Mode > Indexed, select adaptive or whatever options you want, click Okay. It should ask you if you want to flatten all layers somewhere in this process. NOW go to File > Save As... and select bmp and name it either c47a1 or c47a2 depending on which file it's for. When you select "Save" it should ask you how many bits you want to save it as. Select windows, 8-bit. Hit okay.

Try again in AH.

Offline macleod01

• Gold Member
Bare metal - How I do it
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2006, 05:22:02 PM »
done both of those things first time round. Still no go.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Bare metal - How I do it
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2006, 05:24:45 PM »
Well there must be some step of the process you've missed somewhere. If your skin shows up as an option but does not display when you select it, it must mean there is something wrong with the file itself not being recognized.

Right click on the bitmap file, select Properties. Select the "Summary" tab on top, then hit the "advanced" button. There will be an entry that says "bit depth". if it doesn't say "8" something went wrong when saving it.

Offline macleod01

• Gold Member
Bare metal - How I do it
« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2006, 05:33:45 PM »
personally I dont think its me. I know that most people would say this, but Ive downloaded several skins from the internet and their not recognized either.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Bare metal - How I do it
« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2006, 05:37:09 PM »
Well... one last thought.... Do you have "disable skins" checked off?

Offline macleod01

• Gold Member
Bare metal - How I do it
« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2006, 05:51:44 PM »
knowing me, thats probarbly exactly it. Where abouts is that

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Bare metal - How I do it
« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2006, 06:22:48 PM »
I think it's in the screen you set resolution with. It's ether there or in the game's options > graphics tab.

Offline macleod01

• Gold Member
Bare metal - How I do it
« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2006, 07:16:45 PM »
So much for a simple solution. It is unchecked

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Bare metal - How I do it
« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2006, 07:39:46 PM »
Okay, go to the skin viewer. Go to something other than the c47. Click the Save Default Skin button.

Go to that directory, copy the main bmp file in to your c47a1 directory. Delete c47a1.bmp and replace it with whatever you just copied in (i.e. pull in a 109e4 skin and rename it to c47a1.bmp).

Then see if it works. Note you can use the skin viewer, and once it shows up there it will show up in-game as well.

EDIT: sorry I posted before I was done typing.

If it works you should see a totally jumbled up c47 skin. If it works it means the files you were trying to use as a skin weren't the right format, or something.

If it doesn't, ask HTC because I'm stumped.

If it shows up jumbled we can try one or two things.

Offline macleod01

• Gold Member
Bare metal - How I do it
« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2006, 07:44:33 PM »
I also just downloaded Kev's Bare Metal Seafire skin and have exactly the same problem

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Bare metal - How I do it
« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2006, 07:56:05 PM »
contact HTC I guess...