Author Topic: x45 Rotaries and new patch  (Read 378 times)

Offline SKJohn

• Nickel Member
x45 Rotaries and new patch
« on: June 06, 2006, 09:01:54 AM »
I am using a Saitek X45 HOTAS setup with CH rudder pedals and have a question:
Has anyone been able to get the two rotaries and the rudder button the throttle to work using only the AH setup?  (Without using the Saitek SST software?).
I like to us them for trim, and since I have CH rudder pedals, I use the rudder rocker switch for trim also.  However, it seems to me in AH I can only set the rudder rocker as a rudder under the analog axiz' areas, and the rotaries aren't recognized at all.
If not, I'll go back to the SST route, but I was wondering if if it's possible ti fully program the stick using just the settings in AHII.  Evverything else is working great!
Thanks in advance if you have the answers!

Offline Panzzer

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2006, 09:59:44 AM »
I'm using the SST software, but I've left the rotaries unmapped in that and mapped them for trims in AH only. I can see them in-game and select as trims, so it works for me...  I don't know whether it would help or not, but did you remember to rotate the rotaries when calibrating the stick?

I don't know how the rudder rocker would function as a trim, I've mapped it as wheel brakes in the SST profiler. But the rotaries as trim work a lot better now in 2.08 than before, IMO.
Panzzer - Lentorykmentti 3

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2006, 10:16:12 AM »
Im not using any special software.

Upon installing the patch, i imported all settings, just to find that AH knew about the X45 plugged in, but hadnt bothered to import any setup.

I clicked DEFAULT to assign all analog axis, then remapped all buttons. Worked fine. including Z-axis (=rudder). Im pretty sure you can assign trim to it as well.

I assigned one of the rotaries to RPM (highlighting it in the list, MODIFY, then assign analog option - RPM). No prob there. Did the same for elevator trim, didnt seem to work (at first try). I didnt get around to do trouble shooting yet, if i make any progress, ill tell you. Maybe its simply a matter of recalibrating the axis.
21 is only half the truth.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2006, 10:56:12 AM »
Canīt get trim to work yet, too. RPM control works fine with both rotaries, but trim not. Recalibration or restarting did not help.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2006, 11:36:15 AM »
I use both
I like the profile trim (with 3 bands) for aileron - rudder rocker and the front rotor for rudder trim while elevator trim - thumb rotor - works better for me using axis trim in AH

AH settings overwrite the profile commands, so you don't need to NOT program with profile, selecting whatever inside AH, takes priority over saiteks profile commands

hope that helps
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline SKJohn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2006, 01:15:29 PM »
Well, I tried setting the trim to the rotaries in AH, didn't seem to work.
Then I thought, "Ok, I'll use the SST software just for the rotaries and rudder rocker, and leave everything else as is in AH."
When i tried it, I started getting the "don't move your controls so rapidly" in the text buffer and it killed auto takeoff, etc.
SO, I cleared the SST profiler so it shouldn't be working, re-started the computer, etc.
I'm still getting the "don't move your controls so rapidly" message, and I'm not even touching them!
I looked in the advanced area of the set up on my axis', etc, and I don't notice any spiking or anything like that.  I've calibrated them in both windows and AH and everything looks good and smooth for all operations, but I still keep getting that message.
Any ideas?

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2006, 01:32:22 PM »
have you tried a clean install of AH? uninstall and delete any folders left over and re-install?

I know when I use ah for rotor trim(s), I have to calibrate them in AH along with all the other axis to make sure I get the full range
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline SKJohn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2006, 03:50:53 PM »
Eagler,
That seemed to do the trick.  It was a pain to have to sit and reassign all the controls, etc. but now it seems to be working.
THanks again to all who contibuted ideas for solving my problem!
Now if it was just as easy to solve my sucky combat skills.. . . .