Author Topic: Low numbers in AVA  (Read 1751 times)

Offline scottydawg

• Silver Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
Low numbers in AVA
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2006, 12:25:37 PM »
Originally posted by Phaser11
Also,
 Summer is here! I have been outside. That's right, out in the great outdoors! Getting the pool ready, mowing the lawn fixing the house, Cleaning the dog pen, spraying for bugs........I'm going back inside.

This outside thing you speak of... it sounds very large and scary. What is it?

Seriously, the map affects the frame rate? How so?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 12:30:10 PM by scottydawg »

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Low numbers in AVA
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2006, 01:03:44 PM »
Not sure what map you're talking about, but if you were having frame rate issues before, they might be fixed with 2.08 patch 2. HTC removed the fade-in code on trees, and it seems that that was the problem with a lot of peoples' loss of FPS.

The problem may be resolved now, from the game code end.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Low numbers in AVA
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2006, 11:00:06 AM »
Last night I tried the AvA for the first time in awhile. Switched sides to even the numbers and up a Hurricane MkI.
First engagement I get the orange and white message about a collision meaning we each hit each other on our FEs. We both actually collided on our FEs.
I type slow and I was about to apologize for the collision but this numpty is already on Ch200 with the usual 'all you know how to do is ho?' crap.
I suggest Mr. Numpty get his facts correct before he comments on them.
I'll go back to the AvA for one of the reasons HiTech says we play the game.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Platano

• Silver Member
Low numbers in AVA
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2006, 01:13:28 PM »
Originally posted by fuzeman
Last night I tried the AvA for the first time in awhile. Switched sides to even the numbers and up a Hurricane MkI.
First engagement I get the orange and white message about a collision meaning we each hit each other on our FEs. We both actually collided on our FEs.
I type slow and I was about to apologize for the collision but this numpty is already on Ch200 with the usual 'all you know how to do is ho?' crap.

And the mystery person is?
Army of Muppets

Fly Luftwaffe.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Low numbers in AVA
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2006, 08:58:07 PM »

I am a standout numpty among numptys!!

I saw a molehill, made a mountain out of it when it was absolutely nothing.
Apologies AvA folks, I'll keep my mouth shut from now on.

By the way the AvA is definately that way!!!.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
Low numbers in AVA
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2006, 02:23:44 AM »
Hey Fuze, sorry to hear about your incident.  We try not to flame players but it seems that it spoiled your fun.

Next time, don't be scared to start up your own posting. This thread is almost a month old.
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Low numbers in AVA
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2006, 09:47:15 AM »
Originally posted by Mister Fork
Hey Fuze, sorry to hear about your incident.  We try not to flame players but it seems that it spoiled your fun.

Next time, don't be scared to start up your own posting. This thread is almost a month old.

This thread is old and moldy...... just like me.

Guess a clarification is needed. It was my assumption of something that gave me the wrong idea.
All is well and the AvA is a TON-o-fun and I'll definately be visiting it more often.
I used to fly there more but got 'out of the habit' I guess. The 'habit' is back though :)

There was no flame, it was sunlight. I looked at it with a magnifying glass and I burned myself.

Offline scottydawg

• Silver Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
Low numbers in AVA
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2006, 10:09:47 AM »
Are there specific times the AvA arena has more action? I know it's open all the time, but I hardly ever see anyone in there...

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Low numbers in AVA
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2006, 10:21:19 AM »
Originally posted by scottydawg
Are there specific times the AvA arena has more action? I know it's open all the time, but I hardly ever see anyone in there...

I'd say yes but it's definetely not arranged. Similar to MA it has busy times and slow periods. Just have to check the numbers when logging in.
Just being the first person in there can actually be the trigger to get more in there so IMO it's worth going into it and sitting a few minutes to see if you can draw some more in. Probably could even drop in MA and say your heading over to AvA and see if you get any takers.

It IS a TON-o-fun!!!

Offline red26

• Silver Member
      • http://www.red25s.zoomshare.com
Low numbers in AVA
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2006, 11:13:31 AM »
Yes fuzeman shot me down just as about as quick as I could get in the air. I need more tranning it seems that I loose E way to quick. Fuseman any help here since you flew aginst me last night???
US ARMY LEAD THE WAY

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Low numbers in AVA
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2006, 01:21:08 PM »
Originally posted by red26
Yes fuzeman shot me down just as about as quick as I could get in the air. I need more tranning it seems that I loose E way to quick. Fuseman any help here since you flew aginst me last night???

Sure Red26, nothing specific from yesterday but we surely can get together and go over a few things or any questions you have.
Here's what I do.
Any luck I would ever use when buying Lotto tickets I save for AH, I don't buy em.
Any luck I would ever use with a woman I save for AH, it's been [oops this is a family forum].
Any luck I would get if I found a four leaf clover I would save for AH.
Any luck I would get if I found a lucky coin, I'd save for AH.
It's better to be lucky instead of good. Especially if your not a great pilot, like me. :)
And I hope you mean I shot you down soon after we engaged opposed to "as quick as I could get in the air.'

Here's a two articles at http://www.netaces.org you can read in the mean time:
http://www.netaces.org/gene-fight/e-fight1.html#title
http://www.netaces.org/gene-fight/e-fight2.html#title

While those are mainly concerned with E conservation while using Energy tactics, E conservation is E conservation no matter what type of fighting your doing. In angles or turn fighting you are just willing to expend more energy go gain the angles to saddle up your target. In either fighting style you always want to keep enough E to be able to defend yourself, you get to slow it's like picking off observation ballons during WWI.

Offline red26

• Silver Member
      • http://www.red25s.zoomshare.com
Low numbers in AVA
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2006, 02:22:06 PM »
It might be a little wile before I get to get back in the air but I will let you know when I do. Here is the main problem I have I can dive on someone and then turn back up to gain alt. and the person that I just dove on has now by the time I get back to a decent alt. the person has already turned and is on my six. when I dive I never try to go past there alt. because if I do that gives them a chance to dive on me. So what do I do . Sorry for turrning this into a lesson forum guys.:aok
US ARMY LEAD THE WAY

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Low numbers in AVA
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2006, 04:23:18 PM »
I sent you an email Red.