Author Topic: Put a stop to the shade accounts  (Read 2460 times)

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Put a stop to the shade accounts
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2006, 03:05:01 PM »
Originally posted by icemaw
well yes all the above is the definition of dweeb but why does this bother people so much it is after all just a game

Originally posted by cav58d
Tactically- Give Coords of CV to enemy country...Take command of a CV for sabatoge when their buddys come along and dive bomb it.......Announce positions of private missions or raids to the enemy.....

Because 1 person can ruin the game for many. Its no one persons personal playground, well cept for HT.

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline JMFJ

• Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2006, 03:06:15 PM »
Good point about multiple people in a family participating in the game.  I don't have a problem with shade accounts if there is some form of accountabliltiy to prove they are playing the game like everyone else rather than dweebing for personal gain.

JMFJ

Offline Warspawn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2006, 03:07:11 PM »
I've actually been told in the MA not to help out someone because they were being used 'for practice'.  I had gone in to smoke an Osti's turret that was shooting at a plane flying low and slow over an enemy spawn point.  A couple seconds later the guy that I had saved sent me a tell asking me not to do that.  The plane was flying for him to 'practice on'.

When I replied that I thought the offline practice might be better for that, or maybe setting up an HTH room, he replied, "But that doesn't count."  I assume he meant for score.  I don't particularly care about it; heck, it's their $15 a month for the main account and if they keep cycling thru 2-wk trials...well, have fun.  But to some people that take alot of pride in their rank and accomplishments legitimately within the game it may upset.  Hmm...there may come a time that to be really competitive within the rank system, one may have to set up a second account of some sort.

I can see problems escalating from this abuse.   If we have screenshots of folks admitting to it, or films, whatever...do we send them in or just ignore it?  Would anything be done?
Purple haze all in my brain
Lately things just don't seem the same
Actin' funny, but I don't know why

'Scuse me while I kiss the sky                 
                                                 --J. Hendrix

Offline icemaw

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2006, 03:11:24 PM »
UM:rofl BUT:rolleyes: AND:furious AH NEVERMIND:noid
Army of Das Muppets     
Member DFC Furballers INC. If you cant piss with big dogs go run with the pack

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2006, 03:17:09 PM »
What about those with split personality disorder that have seperate accounts?
Would those be shades accounts?
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2006, 03:17:39 PM »
It appears that Katnip has been banned from AH after openly admitting he used a shade (or friend) account to rank up free kills. (His flight hours have not increased since monday, and HT posted that katnip "would not be flying with us" after last weekend.

So it DOES appear that HTC considers what he did to be a form of "cheating."

HT has not told us anything more about what guideline he's using in the future, but at the very least shade killers should know to be circumspect...
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2006, 03:47:02 PM »
A WITCH! A WITCH!!

Offline JMFJ

• Copper Member
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2006, 04:00:31 PM »
Katnip wasn't banned, he just changed his name.

And why I noted in a previous post one of the punishments for getting caught was having to change your name.

I think it would be more punishment to not be allowed to change your name.  So you couln't hide from the ridicule you deserved.

JMFJ
« Last Edit: June 08, 2006, 04:49:25 PM by JMFJ »

Offline HardRock

• Zinc Member
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2006, 04:09:41 PM »
I've always thought anyone using shades is a wuss. Be a man and stand behind your one handle for better or for worse.

The exceptions were those who worked for the company and just wanted to fly without being bothered.

The one and only

-HardRock since 1992.

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2006, 04:14:25 PM »
This shade killing crap wouldn't be a problem.

Shade killing crap is same as spawn camping.  Whats the difference if its someone you don't know or your shade.  In the end you are killing a defenseless target what fun. :rolleyes:  I wouldn't advocate either, but you are the spawn camp king, so why would you care.

ok splain to me why having a shade account is ssssoooo bad?
LOL cause it's killing their uber dweeb score from vulching and spawn camping.  LOLH
« Last Edit: June 08, 2006, 04:17:20 PM by mars01 »

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2006, 04:24:12 PM »
Originally posted by mars01
Shade killing crap is same as spawn camping.  Whats the difference if its someone you don't know or your shade.  In the end you are killing a defenseless target what fun. :rolleyes:  I wouldn't advocate either, but you are the spawn camp king, so why would you care.

Whats the difference between vulching and spawncamping? If they are dumb enough to keep upping, why not shoot them?

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2006, 04:35:19 PM »
Originally posted by Slash27
Whats the difference between vulching and spawncamping? If they are dumb enough to keep upping, why not shoot them?

Because I'm a noble knight of the air. I believe in giving the opponent a fair chance to defend himself. I fly by him once, salute him from my computer chair, then lower my visor and the joust begins!
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2006, 04:36:26 PM »
I agree, this whole shades thing has got to stop.

-- Todd/HARR

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2006, 04:38:59 PM »
I have come to a decision.

The BKs are teh funny.

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Re: Put a stop to the shade accounts
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2006, 04:47:12 PM »
Originally posted by JMFJ
HTC needs to put a stop to this shade account crap, if they don't it's only going to get worse.  People are getting the idea that cause no one is getting booted for it, that makes it okay to do.  It's souring the game.

If HTC would set up the score stats, so when you looked up any players name/stats it also showed on the right side of the screen the top 10 guys they have killed the most times that tour.  This shade killing crap wouldn't be a problem.  But right now if you don't happen to have film of them doing it, you have no way of finding out what the name of that player is that they are getting all of those kills from.

An email skuzzy replied to me in regards to people abusing vox & reporting players for offenses, Quote "It is up to the community if they wish to tolerate what other players are doing".  If HTC has elected that it is the players responsibility to police our own community, that's fine we are the the ones who it affects the most.  But if that's the way it's gonna be, at least give us the proper tools to do it.

JMFJ

:rofl

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been playing for 5 years now and have never email HTC/HT/Skuzzy to complaing or whine about anything ... anything that happens in this game is so small on the scale of real life that it doesn't even register, nor does it justify me wasting my time and anyone elses time at HTC for that matter.

For the life of me, I couldn't imagine calling or emailing Skuzzy saying ... "Well blah-blah did this and blech-blech did that and I am upset cause they are gonna get a higher score than then me and I am SOOOOOOOO upset and while I have your attention, honk-honk was warpin' all over the place ... he has to be hacking ... Oh ... and neener-neener has a shades account and he is spying and I am really pissed about that too ... so what are ya gonna do about it Skuzzy? ... huh ?."

I can imagine how polite Skuzzy might be when responding to emails or talking to some irate customer on the phone ... and when he clicks on the send button or hangs up the phone he must shake his head and say to himself ... WHAT A FRIGGIN' TOOL.

You want to create 5 shades accounts ... MORE POWER TO YA !!!
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."