Author Topic: Microsoft Force Feedback users, READ THIS  (Read 1914 times)

Offline Lucchini

• Zinc Member
Microsoft Force Feedback users, Disregard This Thread
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2006, 02:23:25 AM »
MS FF2 RED LIGHT
USB
XP PRO DRIVERS

PATCH WORKS!

SKUZZY!

Lucchini

Offline Sarge1

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/soundpge/index.html
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2006, 02:46:30 AM »
green stat light
USB

never had to use the software under XP it has always worked with out the software. Even said i didnt need software using XP.  Until patch

It works when i load AH, But as soon as i go offline/online it quits, i dont get FFB untill i completely close ah after it goes. then it comes back

also I have hardrive with Windows ME on this with software 4.0 , win me needs software for stick. patch does not work on that system either. soon as it goes online with Win ME stick forces quit

so two different systems with and without 4.0 and patch that always worked dont now.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2006, 03:28:35 AM by Sarge1 »

Offline Razzor 479th

• Zinc Member
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2006, 03:03:24 AM »
Originally posted by Skuzzy
Make sure, those of you who are not working, are using the Version 4.0 of the MS controller software.

Next, I need to know the following:

Red or Green LED?
USB or Gameport?
and the software driver version.
I will assume everyone is using Windows XP, unless noted otherwise.

I am glad we did not do the patch if some of you are still not working with the htsim8r.exe file.  Why you are not working is going to be a bugger.

Just be sure you are executing the htsim8r.exe file and not the regular Aces High II startup file.  Also, DO NOT alter the aceshigh.exe file.

The Fix worked for me
I used software version 4.0 for my stick
I have teh Red LED  (newest version of stick)
Windows XP Media edition

RAZOR - PIGS ON THE WING

Offline Digr1

• Copper Member
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2006, 06:55:05 AM »
Originally posted by Sarge1
green stat light
USB

never had to use the software under XP it has always worked with out the software. Even said i didnt need software using XP.  Until patch

It works when i load AH, But as soon as i go offline/online it quits, i dont get FFB untill i completely close ah after it goes. then it comes back

also I have hardrive with Windows ME on this with software 4.0 , win me needs software for stick. patch does not work on that system either. soon as it goes online with Win ME stick forces quit

so two different systems with and without 4.0 and patch that always worked dont now.

You have the same stick as mine. UNINSTALL not delete the microsoft software. When you UNINSTALL a window will pop up asking about shared files, click NO TO ALL. Skuzzys patch works fine.

Offline Ubb

• Zinc Member
msff2 red light
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2006, 08:39:43 AM »
Could not get the htsim8r fix to work probably because I am too dumb. Doing an alt-tab and testing force under MS controllers , closing then going back into game does work, however the forces including centering seem a tad weak as I already have everything turned up. It's a real pain in the rear though. I know you HT guys will find a fix that will come in a patch so I can just log in & enjoy. Thanks for your help. Ubb :aok :aok

Offline mosca-g

• Zinc Member
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2006, 09:03:34 AM »
Hi all,

I am sorry but the MS controller software 4.0 only work with USB sticks. So mine is a 15pole game port stick (green back light). Neither the "special patch" nor all other hints work. Awaiting the next patch or other solution.

Any ideas how to get an "old" stick like this working?

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2006, 11:06:52 AM »
Mosca, that is the stick we actually tested the fixup with.  You sure you are executing the htsim8r.exe file and not the regular Aces High II (aceshigh.exe) file?
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline wizzer

• Zinc Member
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2006, 08:50:47 PM »
MS2 FF Red Light USB

Worked!

Offline K-KEN

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cutthroats.com
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2006, 11:23:03 PM »
WOW Very nice... it works like new. Thank you for such a great response and resolution. Once again, this is the greatest group of folks and finest support staff ever!

Salute Skuzzy

K-KEN  

http://www.cutthroats.com/

Offline K-KEN

• Silver Member
Re: msff2 red light
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2006, 11:49:12 PM »
Originally posted by Ubb
Could not get the htsim8r fix to work probably because I am too dumb. Doing an alt-tab and testing force under MS controllers , closing then going back into game does work, however the forces including centering seem a tad weak as I already have everything turned up. It's a real pain in the rear though. I know you HT guys will find a fix that will come in a patch so I can just log in & enjoy. Thanks for your help. Ubb :aok :aok

Ubb,
Just in case, in Windows.  I did adjust mine up to High.  on both settings. Then, in AH, go to Options, Controls, Force feedback. I moved all these to 75% . for my settings. I had set them to 100% but that was too much. (for me)  I may end up around 80% but am happy with what I have going on currently.
If you have already changed those settings, then it might be something else.

K-KEN  

Offline mosca-g

• Zinc Member
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2006, 04:02:12 AM »
Hi Skuzzy,

yes I am starting the htsim8r.exe. I have put a link on my desktop which says "Verknüpfung mit htsim8r.exe" (thats german and means Link to htsim8r.exe). I also tried it several times, but the result is always negative. My problem seems to be that I am not able to use the MS Controller Software 4.0, because it tells me that this only can be used with USB sticks. The Controller Software I am using is 3.02 and this one doesn´t offer any FF adjustments.
Maybe I should buy a new stick and throw this one into the trash bin. Meanwhile im getting angry about these MS guys, because they never stick to their own rules when programming software.
The only thing is that I love that stick and in my opinion is of a very good quality. Will break my heart throwing it away.

:cry

Offline mosca-g

• Zinc Member
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2006, 04:32:53 AM »
Hi Skuzzy,

I need to correct myself in one point. I only thought I would use the MS controller software. But 3.02 does not work for XP and 4.0 does not support 15 pole game port sticks.
So what software did you guys use for testing?

Btw, I appreciate a lot your support!

;)

Offline TokenSoul

• Copper Member
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2006, 09:14:18 AM »
MSFFB green light gameport xp non compatible patch did not work :cry

Offline K-KEN

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2006, 10:26:21 AM »
Originally posted by mosca-g
Hi Skuzzy,

Maybe I should buy a new stick and throw this one into the trash bin. Meanwhile im getting angry about these MS guys, because they never stick to their own rules when programming software.
The only thing is that I love that stick and in my opinion is of a very good quality. Will break my heart throwing it away.

:cry

mosca,
That is way too harsh an idea presently. It is a good quality stick and very reliable.  Like I posted in another board, this is but a bump in the road and I have every confidence that HTC is working hard to correct this issue.

Just an FYI, have you tried to price a MS FF stick lately?? Microsoft discontinued the line, sadly :cry   I have the really old analog I bought in 1997 for $175 US as well, and the MSFF Prec Pro II USB I am currently using I paid around $39.00 for, as I recall...brand new. It is selling for as much as $135 on ebay and other sites-used.  

I did find a source at the amazon.com site that might work for other users.
(used are cheaper there-but several selections are not available too)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref=br_ss_hs/002-0764540-5020015?platform=gurupa&url=index%3Dblended&keywords=Microsoft+Joysticks&Go.x=12&Go.y=4

I am not suggesting you sell or buy sticks, but do not trash them. :D
They are gold to someone else!

K-KEN  

Offline FTFLY

• Zinc Member
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2006, 06:07:37 PM »
Hi all.

I tried this patch but I have AH on a harddrive all by it self (D:) and the patch is set to work on default C: only and will not work.  

Can you help?

FTFLY