Author Topic: Microsoft Force Feedback users, READ THIS  (Read 1913 times)

Offline gw327th

• Zinc Member
Microsoft Force Feedback users, Disregard This Thread
« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2006, 06:43:37 PM »
Still can't get mine to center and now I have to fly with combat trim on just to control the plane.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2006, 07:59:55 PM »
Tumor, the stick should center, when you get into the cockpit, but the forces should be very light.

Gw, you are not getting any forces at all?  I do not understand.  If you are turning on trim and getting forces, then I am really confused.

I made this post tp gather information which would help us.  Please try it and let me know the results.  I am not trying to be difficult here, but simply saying it does not work is not going to help us or you.

As of this minute, we are assuming everyone who has tried this beta test is working.  Unless I hear some details on what is and is not working, we are going to go with it.
=====
In order to attempt to reach some level of consistency with these sticks, I think I need to explain some things.

1) The stick should go limp at all times, unless you are in a cockpit.
2) Make sure you have trim, stall buffet, and gun shake forces enabled in the games force feedback panel.
3) Please do not attempt to find a work-around while testing. It muddles the results. BigMax, your work-around may not do what you think and we need to know this.

Here is something to try in order to find out what is happening.

1) Pick a plane from the hangar.
2) Spawn on the runway.
2a) Does the stick center when you are on the runway?
3) Make sure you have trim, stall buffet, and gun shake forces enabled in the games force feedback panel.
4) Take-off
5) Attempt a stall and see if you get stall buffet shakes.
6) Level the plane in controlled flight.
7) Pull the trigger and fire the guns. Do you have gun shake?
8) Put the plane in a 1G dive from high altitude.
9) At high speed, pull out of the dive. Do the forces feel increased on the stick?
10) Level out and slow down. Roll a bit from left to right. Do the stick forces feel reduced as compared to the high speed dive pull-out?

What we want to be sure of is the forces are actually being applied.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline gw327th

• Zinc Member
« Reply #47 on: June 18, 2006, 09:14:47 PM »
Oh, I forgot to start the game with the htsim8r.exe file,forces are workng now but the auto pilot works on and off, Like it will stay on for a min or 2 then pop back off.Mite be this stick it's 5 years old.Just mite be time for a new stick.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #48 on: June 18, 2006, 10:07:49 PM »
Sounds liked some spiking causing the auto-pilot to jump out.  Try setting the deadband up for the suspect axis.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline gw327th

• Zinc Member
« Reply #49 on: June 19, 2006, 12:19:00 AM »
Thank's for the help Skuzzy, did that and it work's fine now.

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2006, 08:21:51 PM »
Originally posted by Skuzzy
Tumor, the stick should center, when you get into the cockpit, but the forces should be very light.

Understood Skuzzy... that's the point I was trying to make.  Until I installed the Sidewinder Software, I had "0" return to center even when in the cockpit, in-flight and even fast (another ref to MSFS, in some planes, increased speed would increase return-to-center "force").  In AH, without the software trick, I had no return to center at all.. as a matter of fact, I don't think I had any forces whatsoever.  I've generally grown out of the need of "forces" other than RTC, so don't quote me on having none at all, but as I recall I didn't.  

With the softwar installed.. I start the game, then alt-tab back to desktop, open the properties for the stick and all I have to do is click on the forces tab... you can watch the stick snap into position when I do this (I have all forces set to HIGH).  The return to center is slightly weaker than my old setting of "med", and I'm not entirely sure how much other forces I even have, but it's minimal... I don't think the AH force input is contributing at all, don't know.

Not trying to overkill you with info, just want to help as much as possible.

Tumor
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline TokenSoul

• Copper Member
« Reply #51 on: June 20, 2006, 05:14:57 PM »
OK So you make a patch my JS finaly gets working now you patch again no JS again geez:mad:

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #52 on: June 20, 2006, 05:25:34 PM »
I am closing this thread as it really only pertained to Version 2.08 Patch 2.

If you are hainv troubles with Version 2.08 Patch 3, then something else is going on and needs to be looked at in a separate thread.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese