Author Topic: X45 Problem  (Read 436 times)

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
X45 Problem
« on: June 09, 2006, 06:11:42 PM »
OK Skuzzy.. maybe you can help with this one.

I have the Saitek X45, and as you know it has two sliders - AUX and MODE.

Aces High has never recognized any MODE settings, and only recognized AUX 2 and 3 setttings, but not AUX1, until last night.

I downloaded 2.08 patch 2... and now everything was working correctly.  I was able to finally map the sliders (because i have never been able to use them in the past, thinking it was a aces high programming issue).. I mapped AUX 2 position to as EJECT and position three as CHUTE... tested it and it worked great in offline mode.

I assigned MODE 1,2,and 3 as stick sets 1,2,and 3 respectively (on all the stick sets)... tested that in OFFLINE mode.. and it worked great.
I was happy... then wife ack came home and wanted computer, so I was not able to go into the MA to really test it out.

I get home tonight... didn't download any more patches... and guess what?  It's just like before.. the game will not recognize AUX mode 1.. or any MODE slider settings... but my assignments have not changed.

In windows settings it shows my slider selections clear as day, it's just ACES HIGH will not recognize that i have flipped the sliders to those settings...

And I do not use any external saitek mapping software... just aces high.

Any ideas?  (I've tried switching USB ports to no avail.  Even offline now has the same problem)

Offline Panzzer

• Gold Member
X45 Problem
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2006, 06:29:15 PM »
I don't think you can get full functionality of your X45 without using the Saitek profiler. IIRC the AUX is recognized as button presses. Although I must admit that I haven't tested the stick in the latest patches without the profiler mappings...But it's much easier to use the Saitek software than to map each button in AH, in my humble opinion. But I must say that it's gotten a lot more simple (simplier? pardon my English..) mapping the buttons in AH with 2.08.

Not exactly helpful... But good luck, I hope you get it to work as you wish. :)
Panzzer - Lentorykmentti 3

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
X45 Problem
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2006, 06:38:32 PM »
Yeah I understand that.. it just seems strange that it worked perfectly last night but then tonight it's goofy again.. hrmm

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
X45 Problem
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2006, 09:29:09 AM »
OK.. I "kind of" figured it out.

I think it may be some sort of directx compatibility issue.

First off I downloaded the newest drivers for the X45... however after installation I checked the version of the drivers.. and it was the same as the drivers I already had installed before..grr

Re-started aces high... same problem.
Rebooted computer again.. restarted aces high... now it's fixed again.
For some reason.. it works fine every other computer startup.  Strange.

I did learn a little more about what it's doing though.  When it's working fine, aces high lists my slider commands as:

Mode 1
Mode 2
Mode 3
Aux 1
Aux 2
Aux 2

yes that's no misprint... it lists Aux 2 and Aux 3 setting on seperate lines, but the text displayed on both is "Aux 2".. NO BIG DEAL THOUGH.

When it's NOT working correctly, it lists correctly as:

Mode 1
Mode 2
Mode 3
Aux 1
Aux 2
Aux 3

HOWEVER my "MODE" slider settings now are assigned to the AUX slider, but ONLY on the 2 and 3 positions.  Aces High will not recognize when I slide it to Aux 1, or ANY of the MODE settings.

If I reboot my computer like this, then upon restarting ACES HIGH, everything works great once again, except for listing Aux 3 as "AUX 2".

Very strange indeed.