Author Topic: two non aircraft questions  (Read 349 times)

Offline lagger86

• Nickel Member
two non aircraft questions
« on: June 13, 2006, 01:22:59 PM »
First off, what functions do I map to my controller to drive a GV, I've tried a few, but I just look around instead of turning anything, and does the trottle work the same or what?

My next question is After I bail out(which seems to happen every mission unless I get shot or crash) And I casually fall to earth....what next? Can I walk? I've tried everything, but homer just looks around. Does this tie in with my first question? I always end up standing there firing my 45 at passing aircraft til I get board and end the sortie.
Lagger

Offline GunnerCAF

• Silver Member
      • Gunner's Grange
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2006, 07:32:06 PM »
To drive a GV, you need to shift with q and w.  Press the joystick forward to go fast, back to slow down.  Joystick right and left to turn.

There is not much to do once you hit the ground after a bail.  Just go back to the tower by ending the flight.  Grab a fresh plane, and get revenge :)

Depending on where you bail and exit, you could be captured.  You could walk back to your field, but that could take hours.

I think there may be plans in the future to expand the ground war, but at this point, there is not much to do.

Gunner
Gunner
Cactus Air Force

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2006, 05:23:01 AM »
You actually need to map buttons (either to keyboard or JS) to move the bailed out pilot.

Go in the respective controller mapping (keyb or JS) and map the CHUTE keys. I think theres walk, run and fire... cant remember exactly off the top of my head.

To your GV question: go to map controller and select Mode 2 in the pulldown box. Then easiest to do is COPY MODE 1 and adjust from there. Youll need to map the shift gear, autoheading and a few others.... just dig throug the list or roll a GV and see whats still missing while "in flight".

If you check the box: Automatically assign mode (or something like that) you dont have to worry about switching modes, the game will do that automatically, depending what you spawn.
21 is only half the truth.