Author Topic: UN wants more respect from US  (Read 1878 times)

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
UN wants more respect from US
« Reply #90 on: June 09, 2006, 10:06:02 AM »
How old are you lazs2?

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #91 on: June 09, 2006, 05:56:06 PM »
Lazs is older than dirt. :D
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

storch

« Reply #92 on: June 09, 2006, 05:57:05 PM »
Lazs is so old he farts dust

Offline Octavius

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #93 on: June 09, 2006, 06:10:58 PM »
old folks fart lazs
octavius
Fat Drunk BasTards (forum)

"bastard coated bastards with bastard filling?  delicious!"
Guest of the ++Blue Knights++[/size]

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #94 on: June 09, 2006, 08:32:56 PM »
Originally posted by Momus--

If the UN is so irrelevant, why did Bush, Powell et al frame a large part of their argument for attacking Iraq in terms of non-compliance with UN resolutions? Anyone?

If the UN is so irrelevant, why did Bush appeal for UN assistance in the Iraq reconstruction effort? Answer?

To placate the leftists in OUR country (i.e. the MEDIA), who place much stock in the leftists of the U.N.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #95 on: June 10, 2006, 08:49:58 AM »
Originally posted by Octavius
old folks fart lazs
At least those old farts smell better than the young ones.  :)
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #96 on: June 10, 2006, 08:59:04 AM »
yep... old and feeble... barely strong enough to squeeze the trigger.

lazs

Offline Schism

• Zinc Member
« Reply #97 on: June 10, 2006, 10:03:56 AM »
The UN has never been able to maintain or complete a peace keeping mission without strong support from the US military.  Not to mention that the UN leaders are corrupt.  But sadly most politicians from any and all countries are corrupt in one way or the other.  Plus the UN is a reactive and not a proactive unit and they are slow to react.  When there is a crisis, by the time they come to a conclusion on what to do the crisis is either over or has escalated to beyond their capability.

Offline Schism

• Zinc Member
« Reply #98 on: June 10, 2006, 10:10:41 AM »
Originally posted by Tac
I've said it back then and i'll say it again: Why can't people stop regurgitating what the boob toob tells them?

Iraq's threat was WMD's. It was removed. Was it Nuclear? I dont know. But they were working on it.

Bio-Chems?? YES.

People freak out with the atomic bomb yet fail to realize that chemical weapons and biologicals are far deadlier, far easier to produce and far easier to 'deploy' . Iraq had bio-chems and HAD used them against its own population.

After the first gulf war it became clear that Hussein was not only willing to invade its neighbors but also AFTER his defeat he became MORE likely to export such weapon tech.

Thus that threat had to be removed. And the threat are not the stockpiles of weapons but the SCIENTISTS and the infrastructure used to create the weapons. It really is better to sell the secret of how to make a weapon than to sell the actual weapon especially if your country is being blockaded.

Thus the US and allied forces went in and took out as many of the scientists and infrastructure to make these weapons.

However, try explaining THAT to the average tv viewer around the world. This is beyond their capability to think and understand. Its far easier to give them the 'nuke' word (which they do understand) as a reason even if later on it is proven there were no nukes. Heck even now i doubt people will understand the nature of the threat.

And yes, the UN is completely useless for global military matters and decisions. Too many interests colliding and make it ineffective. It is a good humanitarian institution but really, they should give up on the 'world police'  aspect of it and concentrate on the law, bussiness and humanitarian side.

The UN would work if it had its own military but that will never happen.

AMEN!!!  I could not agree more.