Author Topic: Idea for Tanks  (Read 397 times)

Offline Zoom

• Zinc Member
Idea for Tanks
« on: June 15, 2006, 11:50:04 AM »
It's sometimes easy to get disoriented while manning the turret of a tank. I think it would be helpful if we had some kind of indicator telling us how our turret was roatated with respect to the hull of the tank.

Also it might be nice to have a keyboard command to rotate the turret back the the forward and level position without having to do it manually.

This might be asking too much but would it also be possible to rotate the turret from the open hatch view as if the tank commander was directing the gunner instead of only being able to control the turret from the gunners position? This would allow for rapidly pointing the turret in the general direction of the threat/target and then jumping to the gunners position to set up the shot.

Offline VooWho

• Silver Member
Idea for Tanks
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2006, 01:54:39 PM »
I like the ideas, good job :aok
Non Sibi Sed Patriae!

Offline helldiver

• Copper Member
Idea for Tanks
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2006, 03:55:08 PM »
sounds good!:aok :aok

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
Idea for Tanks
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2006, 04:03:32 PM »
:aok from me!
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
Idea for Tanks
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2006, 04:42:53 PM »
Why dont you switch to your commander/pintle gun and realign yourself?
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women