Author Topic: Most Dangerous Off-Road Vehicle  (Read 684 times)

Offline Chairboy

• Probation
  • Plutonium Member
      • hallert.net
Most Dangerous Off-Road Vehicle
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2006, 10:09:58 AM »
Government regulation isn't the answer.  If the motorcycle/ATV businesses want to be smart about things and keep the gubmint out of their dealings, then they should be emphasizing education as an integral part of the sales process.
"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2006, 10:46:29 AM »
This will prolly cause a lot of whining but i dont care.

Why not ban ATVs on roads? Im not sure if you can drive them on the road here but I dont think its legal. A few years back there were alot of accidents with them because kids preferred them to mopeds etc. Dont see them on the roads anymore so that why i think they now are restriced to offroad use.

Offline Chairboy

• Probation
  • Plutonium Member
      • hallert.net
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2006, 11:12:30 AM »
They've never been legal on the roads, at least, anywhere I've lived.  

But it turns out that they don't automatically shut off when you drive onto pavement....
"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2006, 11:26:48 AM »
oh i see..

does that mean that you wont get anything on the insurance if you have na accident with them on the road?

Offline Brenjen

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2006, 11:51:45 AM »
My sister flipped her rodeo by going off the edge of the pavement about four days ago. She lives up in the boston mountains between Harrison & Eureka Springs & Springdale; lot's of tourists up there, she came around a corner in the two lane state highway & there was a group of motorcyclists riding two by two (illegal here) & in the corner the outside rider was on the yellow line & my sister thought part of the bike was sticking over into her lane so she moved over...no shoulder; it grabbed the wheel & flung her into a culvert at 50 m.p.h.

I was gone tues, wed & most of thurs visiting with her, she got lucky & came out with only a black eye & seatbelt & air bag burns on her chest & arms. It has been a wreck a minute week here in Arkansas.

Offline Brenjen

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2006, 11:53:48 AM »
Originally posted by Nilsen
oh i see..

does that mean that you wont get anything on the insurance if you have na accident with them on the road?

No vehicle liability insurance is required by law because they are not allowed on the roads.

If you have life insurance, it's going to pay regardless unless you violate a clause in the policy.

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2006, 12:06:31 PM »
Originally posted by Brenjen
No vehicle liability insurance is required by law because they are not allowed on the roads.

If you have life insurance, it's going to pay regardless unless you violate a clause in the policy.

but there prolly is a clause against breaking the law right?

here the company would pay out to anyone you injure and then reclaim it from you.

Offline Brenjen

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2006, 12:12:14 PM »
Originally posted by Nilsen
but there prolly is a clause against breaking the law right?

here the company would pay out to anyone you injure and then reclaim it from you.

For life insurance? Maybe...suicide is the only popular clause, each policy is different I'm sure.

What you refer to in the second part is back to vehicle liability insurance & the ATV's are not allowed on roads; therefore not insured. ;)