Author Topic: HTC.... I've had it with this stupid modeling!  (Read 1692 times)

Offline Thunder

• Nickel Member
      • Dickweed Heavy Bomber Group
HTC.... I've had it with this stupid modeling!
« on: July 03, 2001, 11:00:00 AM »
HTC...
This is getting rediculous!!!!  :mad:

There seem to be some obvious deficiencies in your sheep modeling. They seem to run faster with each new release. The newbie coming into the game has difficulty catching them and they bite now! I have extensive books on the sheep in England in 1942 and the wool on your sheep is much  too fluffy as well. We need more ticks and they need to smile much less. There is a bug also and this may belong in the "Bug Forum" but there is a flock of sheep that "bark" instead of "baaa" when chased. I am thinking of canceling my account because everytime I mention the obvious UBER nature of the sheep it falls on deaf ears. Pyro admitted that the sheep needed some work several releases ago because they preform the same at different altitudes! We all know sheep at higher altitude should not have as much endurance. PLEASE FIX THIS! I know there will be people accusing me of WHINING but HTC needs to listen to your customers. After all it OUR game..not YOURS!

Thunder
Aces High DickweedHBG: www.dickweedhbg.com

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2001, 11:29:00 AM »
First of all, where's your data to back up these so called "inaccuracies" in the sheep modeling.  Quit, don't quit, who cares.  You whiners are really beginning to piss me off.  This is the best sheep sim out there, and if you think you can get better sheep in WWII Baaanline then just go there already.  But you know you'll just be back in a week!

WTG HTC for the best damned sheep sim out there!

SOB
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline mx22

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2001, 11:33:00 AM »
Thunder ,

You know the rules, if you think something is not correctly modeled, you gotta present movies for all of us to see excatly what you are talking about :D

mx22

Offline xHaMmeRx

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.netaces.org
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2001, 11:33:00 AM »
Thunder, obviously you just haven't learned how to deal with sheep.  Just because a sheep gets away from you doesn't mean it's over-modelled.  The books you have probably are dealing with the 1941 model English sheep.  By late war, the English sheep was much more adept at avoiding GI's and had even taken to biting.  This was a vast improvement in armament over the early war sheep.  Their altitude performance was also vastly improved by 1944 due to all the times they had been taken up to join the mile high club.  Why is it every time someone gets beaten by a sheep, they whine the sheep is over-modelled instead of just facing the fact that they (the whiner) are under-modelled?  :D

HaMmeR

Offline Mickey1992

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2001, 11:37:00 AM »
Ewe don't know what you are talking about.   :D

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2001, 11:40:00 AM »
Strange but true...
In Lebanon, men are legally allowed to have sex with animals, but the  animals must be female. Having sexual relations with a male animal is punishable by death.(Like THAT makes sense.)

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2001, 11:45:00 AM »
What irritates me is that HTC has chosen to focus primarily on US sheep and has completely omitted German sheep from the game.  This is obvious allied favoritism.  If its not corrected, all the LW pilots are going to have to quit!

AKDejaVu

Offline Thunder

• Nickel Member
      • Dickweed Heavy Bomber Group
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2001, 11:48:00 AM »
Films! Pictures! Heres your Proof!!!

See in Beta they used to be nice and docile.. and all over the field.. Contented and easy to catch!   :)

Now they not only run away but are so overmodeled and UBER that they fight better than Hangtime!

[ 07-03-2001: Message edited by: Thunder ]
Aces High DickweedHBG: www.dickweedhbg.com

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2001, 11:54:00 AM »
baaaaaaa

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2001, 11:55:00 AM »
HTC,

I'm with Thunder on this.

For one thing, you guys should check out that other game. I think it's called X-Sheep.

It uses a much more accurate method of modeling, Wool Element Theory. It is so real that you can feel the slippery nature of the high-lanolin content wool.

Another thing you might want to look at. In all my reading about the Sheep Wars, the guys that really were good at... um ... "befriending" sheep had to get REAL CLOSE to ... um ... have a sheep added to their "score". There's ample tales of getting so close there was "wool in my teeth" and I didn't "pull the trigger" until I was "close enough to bite the ear".

It's not like that with AH sheep; you can "score" a sheep from much farther than historical accounts suggest.

Please look into this.

[ 07-03-2001: Message edited by: Toad ]
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline DmdNexus

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2001, 11:56:00 AM »
thunder: LMAOPMP!

Nexus

Offline kidcol

• Zinc Member
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2001, 11:56:00 AM »
I would just like to know why EVERY TIME I have one of these sheep right where I want 'em, a clear six shot. He turns around and tries to HO me! Something needs to be done about this! And don't even get me started on those uber-hispano ewes...

kidcol2

:)

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2001, 11:59:00 AM »
lol Toad!

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2001, 12:03:00 PM »
I have no problem catching, then proceeding to love up the sheep.

I think it's all your problems. You whine too much, you should spend the time you're whining to get better at catching these so-called "uber" sheep.

Until you perfect your sheep catching skills, then I am going to have all the sheep to myself.
-SW
--------------------
Hey Guy, I'm masterin' my joystick!  
Contact me here: weissdr1@yahoo.com

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2001, 12:09:00 PM »
Toad, that was just too damned funny  :D
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!