Author Topic: Skuzzy Please Help!  (Read 324 times)

Offline WldThing

• Gold Member
Skuzzy Please Help!
« on: June 17, 2006, 09:38:58 PM »
O uber god of the internet, I have a major problem.

Seems that my "new" computer is having some major connection issues, which my previous computer did not have when running on same internet connection.
Problem seems to be minor warps in MA, DA, and TA..  Major warpage in SEA.

So here are some specs:

Ping Plotter to Main Arena

Ping Plotter to Other Arena:

Ok here are the computer specs:

Zip file of "dxdiag"
http://www.onpoi.net/ah/pics/users/867_1150597995_spec.zip

Processes running when Aces high is running:

By the way my pings from arena to arena are anywhere between 70-90 pings.

And again, this never occured on my previous computer, within using the same connect.

Hopefully you can help skuzzy!

Offline 38ruk

• Gold Member
      • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
Skuzzy Please Help!
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2006, 12:29:56 AM »
After looking at some of the processes , there are 2-3 that are media center services, that might be looking for updates ,or taking up resources in the background . I would try and shut them down by using the end task feature in taskmanager then see if the issue persists . Worst that will happen if they are manditory is you will only have to reboot .

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Skuzzy Please Help!
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2006, 07:15:34 AM »
Your PingPlots show a problem or potential problem at hop #6.  In one, you have packet loss, in the other you have a wide variation in ping times.

It looks as though that is where the problem is.  Not related to your computer.  I would send this to your ISP and ask them what the heck is going on?  It looks like that is a gateway router between Verizon and Alternet.

Not an uncommon problem this time to year for many ISP's due to school being out and more people on the Internet during prime time and day time hours.

However, it  does not mean your new computer is not adding to the issue.  Easy way to find out is to open the "Net Status" window in the game, then watch the Variance line of the graph.

A sawtooth pattern in that graph potentially indicates there is something running in background stealing CPU cycles away from the game.

Another way to determine if something is running when you do not want it to is to bring up the Windows Task Manager, with nothing running on the desktop.  In the "Processes" tab check the CPU Usage at the botton center of the panel.  In a normal Windows XP system, the usage should be bouncing from 0 to 1 to 2 percent at regular intervals.  Anything higher than that says something is definitely running in the background.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline WldThing

• Gold Member
Skuzzy Please Help!
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2006, 01:38:37 PM »
Originally posted by Skuzzy

A sawtooth pattern in that graph potentially indicates there is something running in background stealing CPU cycles away from the game.

Another way to determine if something is running when you do not want it to is to bring up the Windows Task Manager, with nothing running on the desktop.  In the "Processes" tab check the CPU Usage at the botton center of the panel.  In a normal Windows XP system, the usage should be bouncing from 0 to 1 to 2 percent at regular intervals.  Anything higher than that says something is definitely running in the background.

Yes inside the game I noticed the saw tooth pattern of which you are reffering to.  

And under CPU processes, it does only jump between 0-2% nothing higher.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Skuzzy Please Help!
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2006, 08:19:05 PM »
Does the sawtooth vary?  Does it diminish with time while in the arena?  Are skins being loaded while in the game?
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com