Author Topic: Channel 200 and cross country commo should be limited to salutes.  (Read 2994 times)

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
Channel 200 and cross country commo should be limited to salutes.
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2006, 10:47:26 PM »
:lol

I don't think this thread is going the way he intended.

Offline Booz

• Nickel Member
Re: Re: Channel 200 and cross country commo should be limited to salutes.
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2006, 10:54:55 PM »
Originally posted by Delirium
If this happens and you're going to insist on destroying Fightertown, I'll donate Ventrilo server space to allow different countries to coordinate ways to prevent it.

There is no fighter town, Hitech hasn't made a seperate little sandbox where you're free to ignore protecting a base.

Get over it, this isn't airwarrior. No matter how much you whine & kick and make maps, it's just hasn't happened.

Offline PK1Mw

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2006, 10:56:26 PM »
Originally posted by Eagle Eye
OK so if im furballing or gv fighting and anyone tries to take base i'll be sure to report thier missions. So to repeat it YOU REAP WHAT YOU SEW IN OTHER WORDS YOU AND YOUR SQUADS SQUAD NIGHTS ARE $CREWED

And now you know why people don't like L.C.A.

By the way, while Hoarach was telling Knights where the goons were and things like that, I went knights, just to kill the morons flying them.

What you toolshedders need to understand is this map is the one map that us people who actually play this game to and for the fight, the chance to do so. These 3 bases, in the center of the map, has no strategic use, which means they don't need to be taken. Same goes for the maps that has Tank Town. People who take these bases, are people who are being asinine, self-indulgent, morons, who just don't care about the true joy of the game.

Offline Shaky

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2006, 10:59:13 PM »
Booz....AW was never a buncha turnfighting spit dweebs anyway. They were bottom of the food chain there, remember?
Political correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Offline Booz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2006, 11:01:04 PM »
Originally posted by PK1Mw
People who take these bases, are people who are being asinine, self-indulgent, morons, who just don't care about the true joy of the game.

Holland felt that way when Germany rolled through.

Offline PK1Mw

• Nickel Member
well..
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2006, 11:02:59 PM »
I have no problems with people who want to take bases. But there is NO reason to take "TT" and "FT" bases. They serve no purpose other than to go out and fight. They're almost 2 sectors away from the nearest bases.

Offline Booz

• Nickel Member
Re: well..
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2006, 11:05:42 PM »
I have no problems with people who want to take bases. But there is NO reason to take "TT" and "FT" bases. They serve no purpose other than to go out and fight. They're almost 2 sectors away from the nearest bases.

But defending them is beyond fighting for them?

There are no protected "TT" or "FT" bases. If Hitech wanted them to be, he'd have made it so.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2006, 11:08:50 PM by Booz »

Offline TinmanX

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2006, 11:06:55 PM »
I take it the inevitable "mission to take Fighter Town" reared it's ugly head again.

Quick off the mark as always Tin.
"...and then we discovered why. Why this 'Cheech', who had fought with gods and demons, why he flew the Zeke. He was being kind, giving us a chance to run away."
Aces High Films
I'm the "timid" "runner" in the zeke "BnZing" you.

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2006, 11:07:02 PM »
Originally posted by Rino
Actually I'd be happy to have you report where I am...finding guys who
won't tuck tail before the first merge would be great! :aok

Seconded.  'Course, you all could just ask ;)
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline PK1Mw

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2006, 11:10:01 PM »
How can you defend something when you got window licking hangar killing dweebs taking out everything in site from 25k+?

There should not even be an issue about taking these bases, anyone who wants to do this is like Vudak said:

And given the strategic layout of the map at the time the LCA started their griefing, they are either a bunch of strategic idiots, or were in fact attacking the FT bases for the sole reason of ruining my fun. I'm thinking it was the latter, although I won't rule out any possibilities.

Either way, it's lame, and its BS.

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2006, 11:13:10 PM »
Trying to steal bases in fighter town is the only quicker way to make enemys then being me and posting on the bbs...lol...

Like someone said earlier...There are 100+ other bases for you to launch your "secret" missions from...Odds are that your goon would have been gang banged by 20 LA7's and Spit16's anyways, but most of us are not willing to take that chance...Allthough its not official, not capturing bases in fighter town has become an unofficial rule written in by the majority of the community...Sorry bud, but this has become an accepted norm to 95% of us in AH and your not going to ruin our fun...
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Booz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2006, 11:13:50 PM »
How can you defend something when you got window licking hangar killing dweebs taking out everything in site from 25k+?

I've been to 30k to kill them when I cared. Either you care enough to do something about it or you don't.

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2006, 11:15:36 PM »
:lol

Offline Brenjen

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2006, 11:16:11 PM »
I don't think there should be un-restricted comms between different countries players either.

I find it happening on the knight side with new players who think they're going to get a cookie or something when they go find the hidden cv after we take a port.

I'd rather not have a win if I have to get it that way. And the people who equate it to real world spying are giving too much credit to the info spies were able to gather; for a Knight friendly player to look at their map & tell a Knight the exact coordinates of an enemy CV or mission that's upping has no historical equivalent...it would be like Nimitz getting on the phone to tojo & telling him exactly where the pacific fleet was in real time.

I discourage the new players from doing this when I hear or read it, I try to get the point across that they wouldn't like it being done to them & it takes away from the people who try to plan & use their wits to win.

BUT.....the link is there, it must be what the game designer wants or it wouldn't be there. I'm not in their minds so I can't say why it was designed this way. One thing I am sure of is HiTech knows good & well how it's being used so I assume it's fair to report information to the opposing sides as far as the rules are concerned & those that do not like it that way will just have to get over it; me included.:)

Offline PK1Mw

• Nickel Member
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2006, 11:17:58 PM »
lol funny how we're in the wrong cuz we don't fly to 30k in a place that is meant for 0-10k fights, but the re-re's up at 30k bombing hangars is just peachy. Love how that works out.