Author Topic: Too hot ...suffuring the over heat blues  (Read 1027 times)

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
Too hot ...suffuring the over heat blues
« on: June 26, 2006, 04:53:46 PM »
Well its that time of year again ...

Got Water ???

http://www.thermaltake.com/watercooling/cl-w0005bigwater/cl-w0005.htm

And now that youve seen it and searched for price ...

http://shop4.outpost.com/product/4353135#detailed

Got one for the Mrs Roo ... finally   117.00 to the front door ...

alot cheaper then the time and $$ to build another one from scratch.

This message has been brought to you by the Evil "Overclocking" mercenary squirrels...
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2006, 06:35:47 PM »
That same $117 would get you half way there to a new faster motherboard and processor. :)
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline 38ruk

• Gold Member
      • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2006, 11:07:27 PM »
I went with the 745 last winter and havent had any trouble at all . I liked the bigger tubes, pump and dual radiators. I paid 200 for it when it was first released  , but i think its come down some now

http://www.thermaltake.com/product/Liguid/DIY/cl-w0076/cl-w0076.asp

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2006, 09:50:44 PM »
I have been thinking about going with a coolant setup for my current box and also installing one in the next system as well. I know it cuts down on noise itself but how much does it cut that down? I want to quiet this beast of mine down alot now that it sits in a completely tiled room and it gets loud in here with 6 80mm and 2 120mm fans going full bore.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2006, 04:31:12 PM »
Originally posted by 38ruk
I went with the 745 last winter and havent had any trouble at all . I liked the bigger tubes, pump and dual radiators. I paid 200 for it when it was first released  , but i think its come down some now

http://www.thermaltake.com/product/Liguid/DIY/cl-w0076/cl-w0076.asp

So... wait a second... You don't need a clunky external unit, you just have the twin-120mm unit outside the comp?? That's pretty neat.

I think if I ever go water I'll want something like this.

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2006, 11:09:11 PM »
Roo.......thanks just ordered from Frys.  Just a month ago built a new system described in my signature.  4000+ runs a tad warm playing AH up to 53 C.  Doing other tasks runs at 40C.  Have 4 case fans 120mm, 2X92mm and one 80mm with a good thermaltake heatsync and fan.  This looks easy to install.....hope it does the trick.

Thanks for the info.
- The Flying Circus -

Offline 38ruk

• Gold Member
      • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2006, 09:52:39 AM »
Originally posted by Krusty
So... wait a second... You don't need a clunky external unit, you just have the twin-120mm unit outside the comp?? That's pretty neat.

I think if I ever go water I'll want something like this.

Yep Krusty , you can install everything inside expept the 240mm radiator. I personally have my pump , 120mm, and 240mm radiators sitting on my desk, but that was my choice . I like being able to put both radiators in the window to grab some below Zero winter air .

I still run all six of my case fans thou , if i wasnt overclocking i would prolly be able to get by with 3 . Even with summer ,and  the 800mhz overclock, i still havent seen anything over 40c .   38

Offline Brenjen

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2006, 10:06:15 AM »
My only beef with the TT bigwater is the acrylic water block cap. I don't trust it. I have heard they will crack over time; I do not know this for a fact, it's just what I have read.

My brother in law is a silver smith & when I get the chance (read - when I get the urge) I will get him to build me a solid silver water block. We had discussed it before & he said the current price of silver (as of three months or so ago) would allow him to make it for around $50 worth of silver. Coin silver at that...apparently the sterling silver is more expensive...go figure.

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2006, 11:00:00 AM »
mrs Roo's pc has 2 120mm fans and now on water it stays nice and cool with its mb running around  26- 30,,,  its cpu is now at 28-32 (2500+ @ 2.2) i droped almost 20c from the cpu just by adding the Cheap h2o setup to it , and it droped its case temp a few degrees (it has way better case flow then my 8 yo case does)  

(These temp avgs are during the Evil Heat of the day here while loaded ,,and no we dont have AC)

When 1st installing a h2o setup its best to try to lay all components flat . then fill the system and bleed it . I cheated and left her cpu fan on ..  cranked it up for a good bleed and leak check  .. then shut down and mounted the cpu and radiator .  (She's happy now ...I might even get to play pirate ...Har )
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent

Offline scottydawg

• Silver Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2006, 07:38:16 AM »
Last night while in the SEA I noticed that the room temperature rises about 8 degrees when playing aces high.

Crazy.

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2006, 08:02:36 AM »
reschke,  you got your computer next to the toilet?  All tiled room?  That's either toilet, shower, or janitor closet :)
Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2006, 11:59:32 PM »
I've always wondered...does a Socket 478 Northwood chip count as the "P4 Prescott" they have listed as supported on that page?
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2006, 12:40:32 AM »
Originally posted by OOZ662
I've always wondered...does a Socket 478 Northwood chip count as the "P4 Prescott" they have listed as supported on that page?

there sort of the same but not ..  same pins ,size , ect ,,,  the prescott is the one that runs hotter then hell and spends alot of its life throttled back , people doent even realize it .
Roscoroo ,

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2006, 01:00:26 AM »
I knew all that. I mean will a cooler rated to work with a "P4 Prescott" work with my Socket 478. I'm guessing the answer is "Yes" by your above post.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline DAVENRINO

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2006, 12:57:35 PM »
Originally posted by eagl
reschke,  you got your computer next to the toilet?  All tiled room?  That's either toilet, shower, or janitor closet :)

LOL,
My whole house is ceramic tile except the bedrooms and theatre/game room. :D  Pretty common here in the Islands.
DAVE aka DJ229-AIR MAFIA
CH USB HOTAS/ONKYO 705 7.2 SURROUND SOUND/ 60" SONY A3000 SXRD  TV