Author Topic: graphics/controller issue?  (Read 780 times)

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
graphics/controller issue?
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2006, 10:01:08 PM »
I'm not sure.  This is the link to the manual for your motherboard

http://dlsvr03.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/socket939/A8R32-MVP%20DELUXE/e2535_a8r32-mvp-dlx.pdf

Its about 5MB and I cant download it on the dialup I have here at work.  It will be awhile yet before I can get home too.  If no one has looked it up by the time I get home I'll check it out.  Yours has up to 8 possible USB headers, mine has 4.  2 of mine are always on, the other 2 are like you describe unless I change the jumper.  I'd almost bet money yours can be changed too.

Offline Bedsheet

• Zinc Member
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2006, 11:23:24 PM »
Well I read in the manual about setting up the USB ports and it does a good job to tell you what you can pick but does not explain what those options do and no mention of jumpers.  But assumeing this is the issue would it still do this with the joystick dirvers and software uninstalled and the joysticks unplugged?  The ingame effect that is.  It still seems odd to me that I can watch the nubmers in game on my stick move correctly and center when the sticks are yet when I get into a plane it says not to move my controsl so quickly and i'm locked back and left and unable to counter by pressing stick forward and right.

So maybe the question is,  Is AHII compatible with CH Control Manager or USB CH Products controls?

And I've just come to think this is an awful lot of hassle for a rather poor pilot to get shot up.

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2006, 11:54:39 PM »
Have you tried uninstalling the Control Manager?  I know someone will take my head off for this, but people have had problems with it and AH.  Not everyone.  Its fans seem somewhat rabid.  But it cant hurt to try uninstalling the program and calibrating controllers with out the CM.  If you uninstall it, calibrate, start AH and calibrate, and still have problems then you know its not the CM software.  I know its tedious, but sometimes eliminating one thing at a time is the only way to find the problem.  

Something else you can check, make sure that in the AH control mapping setup that each axis is properly matched to the right controller.  Make sure your X or Y axis isnt mapped to the mouse or something silly like that.  Roll -> X axis -> Joystick  Pitch -> Y axis -> Joystick  Rudder -> Z axis -> Joystick etc.  If the mapping is off it could cause that but look fine in calibration.

Offline Bedsheet

• Zinc Member
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2006, 01:02:27 AM »
ok uninstalled the CM like you suggested.  and after screwing around and even updating the driver for my mouse, I did manage to get roll stick control on the mouse.  However I was not able to control rudder OR pitch.  Also after a few moments of messing with the clipboard firing the guns and such I lost roll stick control.  Note aside from the clipboard fold out page graphics are perfect and are doing as far as I can tell exactly what they are being told to.  I also have both stick unplugged right now something somewhere is giving inputs to the game in the form of axis control that I can not find or override?

Could this be an issue related to the fact that everything is USB, mouse/keyboard/ both controllers?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2006, 01:08:14 AM by Bedsheet »

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2006, 01:50:53 AM »
Now there's a thought.  Dont suppose you have a standard PS/2 mouse and keyboard you could try?  Or does your computer even have hookups for them?

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2006, 02:11:51 AM »
USB devices can be flaky.  Power can fluctuate.  I was under the impression XP had fixed most of the USB issues, but after just a bit of reading it seems not.  

I did find one possible help on the "sleep" thing.  Go to Device Manger, find the USB Root Hub entry(s) and right click, go to Properties.  Far right tab will be Power Management.

Clear the check box.  Thats at least the software level.  I'm sure there's a hardware level switch as well, but if not then this might help.

Offline Bedsheet

• Zinc Member
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2006, 03:22:31 AM »
Done.  None available.  Last mouse broke and my freind "borrowed" my old keyboard.  I have a Saitek Eclipse keyboard and a Kensington Mouse.

BTW I want to say thank you to everyone trying to help.  It's long overdue.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2006, 03:24:40 AM by Bedsheet »

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2006, 12:04:36 PM »
If you cant get rid of the USB mouse and keyboard to test, at least check to make sure they arent sharing IRQs with your joystick.  USB devices absolutely hate sharing IRQs with each other.  XP is a slight improvement over W98 becuase there are more IRQs to assign, but they still dont like sharing.  

If you do end up narrowing it down to a USB problem, I suppose you could always go with a powered hub, but that has problems of its own.

Offline Bedsheet

• Zinc Member
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2006, 02:03:02 PM »
Can't figure out how to tell IRQ on my USB devices.  Everything says location 0 though, is that what we are looking for?

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2006, 05:05:17 PM »
In the Device Manager, if you go to each device and right click it, select Properties, the far right tab should be Resources.  That should tell you IRQ settings.

Offline Bedsheet

• Zinc Member
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2006, 09:02:22 AM »
All I can find is general driver details and power management.  Details has no entry for IRQ either.  Those 4 menus tabs are on each USB device even the printer.

Offline Condor93

• Zinc Member
Clipboard Spin
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2006, 01:58:22 PM »
I'm having the same issue...clipboard spins open....and doesn't stop spinning.  Its dizzying to read the roster....

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2006, 07:09:20 AM »
The spinning clipboard issue usually means you have a dual core AMD system, and you are running Windows XP.  There is a bug in Windows XP, related to dual core CPU's when running multi-threaded applications (Aces High II is highly multi-threaded).  MS has issues two hotfixes, so far, but have not managed to fix it yet.

Here is a work-around.  Right-click on the Aces High II startup ICON.  Select "Properties" from the pop-up menu.  Select the "Compatibility" tab from the dialog panel.  Check the box to run in compatibility mode and select Windows 98/ME from the list.  This forces the game to run on one CPU core which gets around the bug in the operating system.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Condor93

• Zinc Member
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2006, 12:46:56 AM »
That worked!

Thanks, Skuzzy!