Author Topic: Can't disable country channel  (Read 544 times)

Offline Gryffin

• Nickel Member
Can't disable country channel
« on: July 09, 2006, 03:54:11 PM »
I made sure none of the radios were tuned to the country channel, but I still got the green text.

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2006, 05:48:04 PM »
Yup. That's been around ever since the game was invented. There isn't a way to get rid of it and that's how it's supposed to be.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2006, 06:22:45 PM »
Its like Channel 1 (Salutes) and range... cant disable reading those either.
21 is only half the truth.

Offline GunnerCAF

• Silver Member
      • Gunner's Grange
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2006, 10:18:15 PM »
We used to be able to squelch channel 1 (.squelch 1) and the kill messages (.squelch 6).  Isn't the country .squelch 2 ?  

I still have macros in my joystick file to do this, but there is no need to squelch 1 anymore.

Gunner
Gunner
Cactus Air Force

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2006, 10:24:15 PM »
Nope, I tryed squelching 2 for years, believe me. :D
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline Gryffin

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2006, 12:41:46 AM »
Another bug I discovered in the process: I disabled the radios by tuning them all to myself. It turns out that the "." commands no longer work when you do that.

Offline Nemeth

• Nickel Member
      • http://603sqdrn.collectivelyspaced.com/intro.html
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2006, 10:57:06 AM »
/if u dont want to see any text at all type .squelch all, idk if this works but try .squelch bishops.knights/rooks, i tried it offline and it says bishops/knights/rooks have been squelched  also try doing the .squelchvoice  with the country

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2006, 02:00:58 PM »
Originally posted by Nemeth
/if u dont want to see any text at all type .squelch all, idk if this works but try .squelch bishops.knights/rooks, i tried it offline and it says bishops/knights/rooks have been squelched  also try doing the .squelchvoice  with the country

Doing that squelches the USER "all" "bishops" "knights" or "rooks," not the countries.

Offline Nemeth

• Nickel Member
      • http://603sqdrn.collectivelyspaced.com/intro.html
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2006, 06:43:12 PM »
ok next time you in AH try typing .squelch all, it will say "all has been squelched" and you wont see any text from other players, unless they disabled this from the 2.07 patch it should still work, idk if the .squelch bishop/knights/rooks works i havnt bothered trying it

Offline GunnerCAF

• Silver Member
      • Gunner's Grange
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2006, 08:04:57 PM »
I just did.  It didn't squelch anyone except maybe a player called "all".  But it looks like ".unsqelch all", will clear your squelch list.
Gunner
Cactus Air Force

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2006, 09:30:23 PM »
Ever since I started playing, ".squelch all" hasn't worked. You'll notice that if everyone was squelched by it, the message "All have been squelched." "all has been squelched" refers to one person; the user "all"

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2006, 07:44:32 AM »
Originally posted by Gryffin
Another bug I discovered in the process: I disabled the radios by tuning them all to myself. It turns out that the "." commands no longer work when you do that.

I was under the impresion that dot commands worked on any text channel. I've got to test this one.

EDIT- Check your punctuation. I tuned channels 1 through 5 to fuzeman and I was able to perform all appropriate dot commands.
Of course the first one I used was squelch fuzeman.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2006, 07:57:32 AM by fuzeman »
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Gryffin

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2006, 09:14:51 AM »
I didn't actually try all dot commands, I just tried putting the radios back, i.e. ".radio 1 200" -> then I get a message box telling me what the .radio syntax is. I will try again tonight to make sure.

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2006, 10:09:08 AM »
Gryffin, did you log out and back in before trying the dot commands?

*That* is a "bug" that has been around for ages.... if you have a channel tuned to someone that leaves the arena and comes back, you cant use the privatly tuned radio untill you clear the box and retype the name. Also, you cant use ANY OTHER radio tuned to that same person, untill you cleared and retyped the originally tuned pvt chan. (Fuze, remember when you couldnt private a trainer and we found out?)
21 is only half the truth.

Offline Gryffin

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2006, 10:16:08 AM »
I will have to experiment tonight and post back here with the results