Author Topic: Russia is still technically a threat  (Read 881 times)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Russia is still technically a threat
« on: October 30, 2001, 08:26:00 AM »

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2001, 09:27:00 AM »
yep, as strapped for cash and corrupt as Russia is, it's just a matter of time...
 http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,37605,00.html

I can see the first one going off in Rome, the center of Christianity - as this is quickly becoming a war of religions - they slaughtered how many Catholics at mass just a few days ago??, though no one will say as much. Rome would be easier to smuggle one in. Then in following confusion, they hit DC, taking out our gov leaders...

then the toejam hits the fan..
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2001, 10:07:00 AM »
Ooooh.

"Spetznatz". Another spelling of a mysterious and fearfull Soviet superhuman units.

Can someone tell that illiterate journalists that "SpetsNaz" means "Special purpose". (Специальное назначение, Spetsial'noye naznacheniye), and such almost every military command has such units. Like "special purpose" untis of pipeline or railroad forces, plainly - repairment crews, or "special purpose" communication units - translators from rare languages.

As for "suitcase bombs" and general Lebed - believe me, it's a roadkill. Lebed used that "threat" simply to attract attention at the end of his political career.

Can you imagine the security measures at the nuclear weapons storage facilities? I can't imagine how anyone can even think about stealing a warhead.

I really enjoy the Western view on Russia. Looks like that journalists still believe that all Russians wear fur-hats, drink vodka instead of water, adress each other as "comrade" (just watch "Enemy at the gates") all the time and every male has a long beard. Russian nuclear weapons are all painted khaki and have red stars on every side. The usual way to fix them must be a crawbar and a sledgehammer.

[ 10-31-2001: Message edited by: Boroda ]

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2001, 10:15:00 AM »
ROFL Boroda  :D

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2001, 10:21:00 AM »
I doubt we'll see Boroda on this BBS once one of those is used.  :D  Too much crow for his ego to digest.

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2001, 10:52:00 AM »
Originally posted by Boroda:
(just watch "Enemy at the gates")

So all Russians speak with an English accent???   :D

SOB
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2001, 10:59:00 AM »
Originally posted by Boroda:

As for "suitcase bombs" and general Lebed - believe me, it's a roadkill. Lebed used that "threat" simply to attract attention at the end of his political career..

Now I'm am worried. Seems what Boroda thinks over there is real IS really roadkill. Goes to figure what he/they think is "a roadkill", is really real....  :)
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2001, 11:09:00 AM »
I doubt there will be anything like Internet in case something like that will be used.

Any nuclear attack will result in an immediate retalliation on whoever will be the first in line to be blamed.

Any massive launch by US or Russia will result in a same launch from another party.

Rip, you have to understand that Russians are not "bearded barbarians". We had one of the best education ratios in the whole world, we still have great scientific and cultural resourses, and we are people not much different from you, Americans.

Nuclear security is still on the highest possible level, with all cross-checks, control etc. There are still some parts of the armed forces 100% reliable, nuclear weapons storage one of them. You simply can't imagine what will happen if one of the warheads will "disappear".

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2001, 11:26:00 AM »
I understand that Borodo, and I also understand that someone in need of money to feed ones family to do anything to get that money.

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2001, 12:18:00 PM »
There are still some parts of the armed forces 100% reliable..  

Ahhh.. glad to hear that at least SOME parts of the Russin Military are STILL reliable.

*sheesh*

Glad to hear I can't buy an armed and fueled SU-27 for 5k anymore. Whats the price up to now?? $7,500.00 ??

You roooooski barbarians been hangin with Genghis (who sold out to the russian mafia) too long. Guilt by assosciation.

All the prophets agree, your weapons in towelhead hands will be the end of civilization. Yer gonna be the death of all us free-thinking tree-huggin pasty skinned replublicrats. The end is near..

...woe is me; woe is me.

*YAWN* We now return you to your regularly scheduled rumor monging.
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2001, 12:21:00 PM »
LOL hang! (BOOM! scare ya?)

Offline Duckwing6

• Copper Member
      • http://www.pink.at
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2001, 12:26:00 PM »
geee there must be something special about the way you are raised over there that so many of you are so paranoid....

gee i live a lot closer and i'm not scared.

Offline -lynx-

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2001, 12:49:00 PM »
Now I'm am worried. Seems what Boroda thinks over there is real IS really roadkill. Goes to figure what he/they think is "a roadkill", is really real....

I guess Eagler that Boroda's English is still better than your Russian. He's got one up on you... ;)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2001, 12:51:00 PM »
Duck, and your not America, or American. Haven't seen any big building drop in Germany lately.

Offline Wilfrid

• Copper Member
      • http://www.crytek.de
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2001, 12:59:00 PM »
Nor has he Rip - he's from Austria! Sez so right there! :P