Author Topic: Why AH is immune to Il-2  (Read 1871 times)

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
Why AH is immune to Il-2
« Reply #60 on: September 02, 2001, 06:27:00 AM »
Originally posted by SWulfe:
Well, DB, the warping comment is because you are across the ocean.

In case you didn't know, you ARE across an ocean. Unless something has changed in the way time delay works, you are several seconds behind the US in terms of connection.

ADSL, CAble, DSL, whatever-> You will have higher latency/ping times than those from the East Coast of the USA. Considering you have to cross an ocean in an underwater pipeline.

I figured you had a low end system because you complained about bad framerates. I don't have bad framerates yet my system is less than half of yours.

Maybe you need a new video card or something isn't working right in your system.

Either way, I never said the US was better- but it appears we are atleast more educated and don't immediately assume that anyone who makes a comment regarding *known facts about the internet* is a bumbling fool from the good ol' US of A where the streets are paved with crack and morons.

So, in other words, blow it out your self-righteous ass.
-SW

FYI SW, My ping to AH. Your post was full of manure and you still think you're educated? Think again.

Offline ~Caligula~

• Nickel Member
Why AH is immune to Il-2
« Reply #61 on: September 02, 2001, 08:10:00 AM »
IL2 is just a diffent sort of game.
As it is now,it`ll be focusing more on small squadronsize combat,instead of the nonstop onslaught of the MA.If You like roleplaying,and replaying real missions of real battles of WWII,than IL2 is the game for You.
Furballs won`t be present either because of the engine overheat effects,as it is right now,I`m lucky to finish one fight without damaging my engine.
The Bf109 isn`t the superplane anymore like it was in beta01.Flightmodel,and many other things are being tweaked,and it`s getting a very reallistic feel.The demo isn`t what IL2 will be like,only a teaser.
So just chill out and wait `till it comes out as a finished product before jumping into conclusions.
It`ll be a fun game no matter what.

Offline bowser

• Copper Member
Why AH is immune to Il-2
« Reply #62 on: September 02, 2001, 11:05:00 AM »
"...In case you didn't know, you ARE across an ocean. Unless something has changed in the way time delay works, you are several seconds behind the US in terms of connection...".

Kids, don't let this happen to you.  If you don't know what the heck you are talking about, keep it zipped!  :)

bowser

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
Why AH is immune to Il-2
« Reply #63 on: September 02, 2001, 12:41:00 PM »
Swolfe,

Came into my mind that you could transmit information to moon in 3 seconds  :p (or so..)
I didn't know US was one third of the way to the moon.

Anyway, my ping to HTC has been usually 165ms.
Even many yanks has worse latency than I do.
(yanks, USers, North Americans, N.Americans, US residents... I'll pick the yanks)

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
Why AH is immune to Il-2
« Reply #64 on: September 02, 2001, 03:11:00 PM »
I got bored in the MA and decided to run some IL2 again....but you know. Its a box game...
its boring.
back to the ma for me.

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Why AH is immune to Il-2
« Reply #65 on: September 03, 2001, 07:42:00 AM »
SW how does my ping look for you ?   :D   ;)

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Why AH is immune to Il-2
« Reply #66 on: September 03, 2001, 01:42:00 PM »
Looks like you have 25 hops there Staga.

That's a lot of data to be routed and a lot of different paths that can work well that time but may not be consistent. I have 12 hops to the HTC server.

One thing I have noticed, it's a lot of the European players complaining about warping. Being inside the US will give you a better ping time and less latency, or did you not know that?

The average European player dies about half a second after the average American player because of latency.

But I must be wrong! I mean, we all know the internet works in milliseconds.

You all saw the "few seconds" and the "ah now it's my turn to shine" beacon flipped on in your mind.

If I can get AH to run on a 56K modem in a Celeron 466 perfectly well, then I don't think it's *ME* who's uneducated.
-SW

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Why AH is immune to Il-2
« Reply #67 on: September 03, 2001, 01:47:00 PM »
BTW Staga, my post was correct. I typed in seconds because I was in a hurry, but of course it was your chance for a little pot shot.

You are the uneducated one... more hops= more latency + less stability.
-SW

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Why AH is immune to Il-2
« Reply #68 on: September 03, 2001, 02:50:00 PM »
Sure SW  :)

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
Why AH is immune to Il-2
« Reply #69 on: September 03, 2001, 02:51:00 PM »
Wow Staga, that is double the hops and latency I'm getting. (11, and 84 respectively)

Pry doesn't effect gameplay, but I'd not want to have twice as bad a connection either.

[ 09-03-2001: Message edited by: Creamo ]

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Why AH is immune to Il-2
« Reply #70 on: September 03, 2001, 03:50:00 PM »
Actually I'm surprised how good connection I have to HTC. After all SW was right in one thing when he said our data "have to cross an ocean in an underwater pipeline". Guess I have to thank my ISP and ADSL for that  :)

Offline 214thCavalier

• Silver Member
Why AH is immune to Il-2
« Reply #71 on: September 03, 2001, 04:05:00 PM »
Well on the ping thing i have 1 ISP gets me 165 ms over 14 hops to AH, I have another that gets me 190ms over 22 hops.
The quality of play between them is worlds apart.
Its the number of hops involved rather than the ping at least in my experience up to about 250ms.
Each hop is another potential routing problem which will degrade your play.

Back to IL2 tried it and really like the smoke effect from the aircraft guns if nothing else that looks realistic as in gun cam footage.
I do not think IL2 would make it as a MMOG simply because I think it would be far to complex with all the engine management stuff to attract sufficient casual players to be financially viable.
And whichever way you look at it I do not believe there are sufficient die hard max realism players to support it as a MMOG.
However as a potentially very good, and eye candy rich outa the box online capable game sure no problem.

[ 09-03-2001: Message edited by: 214thCavalier ]

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
Why AH is immune to Il-2
« Reply #72 on: September 03, 2001, 04:07:00 PM »
Yup, and that connect should work just fine.

This whole massive multiplayer gaming from all over the world is pretty amazing to me still. (other than WWIIOL  :)  )