Author Topic: Russia defies U.S. with Venezuela arms deal  (Read 2513 times)

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Russia defies U.S. with Venezuela arms deal
« Reply #105 on: July 31, 2006, 09:53:32 AM »
Originally posted by 101ABN
now thats a big shocker!!!  now let me ask this... who hasnt the russians sold weapons to????

Hmm.

I think I told several times here that in 1980, when Iraq attacked Iran - USSR immediately stopped weapon shipments to Saddam. Later, when Iran invaded Iraqui territory, USSR continued to sell arms to Iraq. USSR didn't sell weapons to aggressors.

It's obvious that Russian firghters will not help if Venezuela will be "democratised", but they'll make some problems for "democratisators".

Offline RAIDER14

• Gold Member
« Reply #106 on: July 31, 2006, 10:15:37 AM »
Originally posted by Boroda
Hmm.

I think I told several times here that in 1980, when Iraq attacked Iran - USSR immediately stopped weapon shipments to Saddam. Later, when Iran invaded Iraqui territory, USSR continued to sell arms to Iraq. USSR didn't sell weapons to aggressors.

It's obvious that Russian firghters will not help if Venezuela will be "democratised", but they'll make some problems for "democratisators".

:huh so when Iraq attacked Iran they stopped shipments bt when Iran attempted a counter-strike Russia aided  Iraq(the Nation that started the conflict)

Offline soda72

• Platinum Member
« Reply #107 on: July 31, 2006, 10:44:11 AM »

:rofl

good ole Russian logic...

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #108 on: July 31, 2006, 10:58:37 AM »

LMAO
Yea, I can see it now.......
"Gomez... it says here in the book to press the big red button to start" :)

Venz having them is no probelm.
It`s who`s hands they might end up in is the problem.
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Hawco

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #109 on: July 31, 2006, 12:19:21 PM »
Good for chavez, he's standing up to the forces of Imperialism and defending his own country, nothing wrong with that, I haven't seen anything about chavez looking to start wars or stir up trouble, or impose an economic will on any soveriegn state.
Looks like he's getting on with things, good luck to him I say.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #110 on: August 05, 2006, 08:59:16 AM »

Unless the "democratisators" are in F-15s.

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #111 on: August 05, 2006, 10:38:58 AM »
Im not sure I follow the logic, Venezuala has bought fighters, ok, so has every other country. Whats the big deal???

...I think Uganda bought some too, anybody worried about that?

Oh ya, some rifles too. With bullets, no really, im serious.

Sheesh. Don't read the papers if a small 3rd world country buying a/c for its air force causes this much grief to you all.

Chill. They didnt acquire a fleet of SSBNs folks.

Venezula, the next regional superpower? (cue dark themed music), next on CNN...
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #112 on: August 05, 2006, 01:07:30 PM »
Hawco,

Chavez is defending his country from whom again? Please tell us who is massing on his borders waiting to invade?

I don't give a rats patootie if he buys jets from Russia or even China. It's the pilot and training more than the plane and I doubt even Norway or Finland would have trouble with Chavez's folks.

:p
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown