Author Topic: Hezbollah was using UN post as 'shield'  (Read 2224 times)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Hezbollah was using UN post as 'shield'
« on: July 27, 2006, 10:32:25 PM »
http://www.canada.com/ottawacitizen/news/story.html?id=37278180-a261-421d-84a9-7f94d5fc6d50

Shocking, eh? er, not.

'We've got Hezbollah fighters running around in our positions, taking our positions here and then using us for shields and then engaging the (Israeli Defence Forces)," he said.

Maniac? What do you think? More lies I suppose...?

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2006, 10:37:26 PM »
I was wondering when this would come to light.  News said that even the guys in the post that died were reporting much the same.

You have an adversary that will use children, families, homes, hospitals, ambulances and the like for sheilds.  They have no bounds, no limits, nothing is sacred.  However the first chance an innocent is wounded or killed, the Hezbollah tards get front page news coverage on all the outrageous Israeli acts

Meanwhile Israel is getting pounded with these rockets...and its a deafening silence on news coverage on the damage, injuries or deaths as a result of those.

Frankly, I wish Israel would request a Lend-Lease program on a few B52s.

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2006, 11:32:54 PM »
Terrorists using innocent people as human shields? Say it ain't so Joe!
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Seagoon

• Gold Member
      • http://www.providencepca.com
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2006, 11:57:06 PM »
Ah yes, Hezbollah, the same people who brought you:

* Thirty US and other Western hostages kidnapped in Lebanon between 1982–1991. Some were killed, some died in captivity, and some were eventually released. The list includes U.S. journalist Terry Anderson (6 Years), British journalist John McCarthy (5 Years), and the Archbishop of Canterbury's special envoy Terry Waite (4 Years).
* Oct. 23, 1983 - 241 US Marines Killed in an attack on their barracks in Beirut 58 French paratroopers killed by a second bomb minutes later
* September 20, 1984 - Hezbollah bombs the US embassy in Beirut killing 22.
* June 14, 1985 - TWA Flight 847 hijacked by Hezbollah and held for over two weeks. One US Navy Diver murdered.
* June 25, 1996: Hezbollah bombs the Khobar towers complex in Saudi Arabia killing 19 American Servicemen

Until September 11, 2001 Hezbollah, not Al Qaeda had the dubious distinction of being the terrorist organization that had killed the most Americans.

Now they wouldn't use the UN as a shield and then expect gullible Americans to forget their past history and support them would they? Nahhhhhhh! Good thing the New York Times exists to hold their feet to the fire.

- SEAGOON
SEAGOON aka Pastor Andy Webb
"We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion... Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2006, 12:05:45 AM »
The UN folks not being able to instantly fire on those cowards is inexcusable. If they can't defend themselves from being used in this manner they should be immediately pulled from the area. They have truly been placed there as a toothless tiger.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2006, 12:06:27 AM »
Now they wouldn't use the UN as a shield and then expect gullible Americans to forget their past history and support them would they? Nahhhhhhh! Good thing the New York Times exists to hold their feet to the fire. - SEAGOON

4- Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users and HTC. Flaming or abusing users is not tolerated.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2006, 11:10:15 PM by MP4 »

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2006, 12:15:52 AM »
Nash I wound say it is far more accurate to say that your perception of Jesus Christ doesn't fit the perception you have of Seagoon.

Perceptions are not necessarily reality.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2006, 12:17:51 AM »
Fair enough.

Strikes me wrong is all.

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2006, 01:05:01 AM »
I dont think Maniac ever claimed they didnt. I dont think you will find anyone in that thread that said that they did not use em as shields.

Lets take another scenario... A US footpatrol is taken hostage by fighters in Iraq... Would artillery be called on their position?          I think not.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2006, 01:30:22 AM »
I feel a definate kinship with the Israelis battling the arabs.  I hope they kill as many of those hezbollah soldiers as is possible.  This is where the next world war will start.  Europe, following its anti semite tradition will abandon the Israelis and fall behind the arabs, simply to try and placate them.  It will be the ultimate responsibility of the United States to save Israel by destroying Syria and Iran.

It will happen.

God willing :rolleyes:
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2006, 01:36:05 AM »
These cartoonists always seem to be spot on...

Offline mora

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2006, 01:50:28 AM »
I agree that they shouldn't have been there in the first place. This however gives no excuse to drop a few 1000 pounders to the post. Artillery shelling in the vicinity was a different thing, and apparently justified. A stupid stunt to pull by IDF.

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2006, 01:58:31 AM »
Originally posted by Nash
4- Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users and HTC. Flaming or abusing users is not tolerated.

Ahem... ad hominem. ;)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2006, 11:10:40 PM by MP4 »
sand

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2006, 02:09:12 AM »
Yeah... true. :)

But it begs an answer.

I'm not asking liberals how they became so "brain damaged."

I'm not asking the less articulate amongst us how they became "idiots."

I'm asking about a bonafied man of God's advocation of war. No matter what war.

I went overboard, yeah... but hopefully he'll see the sincerity of my question behind the noise.

But yer right. :)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 02:12:04 AM by Nash »

Offline Sparks

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2006, 02:43:40 AM »
from Yeager -
Europe, following its anti semite tradition  ......

From Elfie in another thread -
...Stinks of anti-semitism to me.
with reply from Guns
I see alot of that from some of the euros on this board.  .....

From Lazs in another thread
Also... why do you think so many your-0-peeans are so anti-semetic?

Again from Lazs
oh wait... "to many... the BBC and yourop eans are anti semites.. the young are taught at an early age to hate the nasty oppresive jew"

Ah yes I remember being a boy at school our "Anti-semetic" class and how grandma used to sit me on her knee and tell me how bad all Jewish people are ....

:rolleyes:

Look at the figures

The press focus is on Lebanon because that is where people are dying.
But any Euro commenting on objective reporting and information gathered from sources other than the US media machine is "anti-semetic". Yes Israel has a right to fight here but their hands are not clean.  Maybe - just maybe it might pay to keep an open mind to consider that it's not just  terrorists who do bad things.  Saying Israel has done a wrong thing is not the same as saying Hezbollah are doing a right thing but that seems difficult for a few here to grasp.

I personally find this Euro=anti-semetic thing offensive.

Israel is trying to subdue the local population - to teach them a lesson; to show them what they get for living in an area which is pro-Hezbollah - their house bombed / family killed; to turn them against Hezbollah.  Has it worked in the past ? No. Will it work now? No. Yet objective reporting on this lunacy is anti-semetic ???