Author Topic: Hezbollah was using UN post as 'shield'  (Read 2241 times)

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
Re: Hezbollah was using UN post as 'shield'
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2006, 02:55:01 AM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort
http://www.canada.com/ottawacitizen/news/story.html?id=37278180-a261-421d-84a9-7f94d5fc6d50

Shocking, eh? er, not.

Maniac? What do you think? More lies I suppose...?

More lies? what are you on about?
Warbirds handle : nr-1 //// -nr-1- //// Maniac

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
Hezbollah was using UN post as 'shield'
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2006, 02:58:01 AM »
Originally posted by Sparks
Israel is trying to subdue the local population - to teach them a lesson; to show them what they get for living in an area which is pro-Hezbollah - their house bombed / family killed; to turn them against Hezbollah.  Has it worked in the past ? No. Will it work now? No. Yet objective reporting on this lunacy is anti-semetic ???

OMG!

What are you? Like.... Hitler?

Are you implying that Israel is going overboard?

I know.... It's odd. Nothing wrong with pointing it out.

Right or wrong, I always had the Israelis pegged as being smart. Not this time. No longer.

The same kinda hubristic attitude as the 'mericans is causing them to lose this war in much the same way as the Americans are losing over in Iraq.

I'm at a loss figuring out what is wrong with these kinds of people.

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2006, 03:08:15 AM »
Just ignore it Sparks...

If you dont agree with them on a topic such as toilet paper or sunglasses you are anti-american. If they cant manage to upset you with that they try the good old namcalling thing plus an insult or two.

Think of it as envy or sarcasm and your day will be a brighter one.

Always look on the bright side of life.. dum dum..dum dum dum dum du dum :)

Offline Momus--

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2006, 03:55:55 AM »
Seagoon, the problem is that even a majority of the large Lebanese Christian population see Hezbollah as a legitimate organisation, so to ascribe their actions to Islamic anti-semitism is clearly inaccurate. People in the region have long memories; Israel's role in the bloody civil war and the subsequent invasion and large scale bloodshed and destruction on an equally dubious pretext in 1982 is still very fresh in local memories.

Events today are not taking place in a vaccuum; this is why your comparision of Israeli necessities with those of the WW2 allies is flawed. Israel is not fighting a war of liberation or even of national survival even though this is what they want you to think. Israel is the regional superpower that has accepted a low-level conflict with groups like Hezbollah and Hamas as the price it pays for it's still ongoing colonisation of the West Bank and the negative effect on regional sensibilities that the settlement program has. Have you forgotten already what prompted the Hezbollah raid that sparked this latest episode? It was a reaction to the post-pullout blockage of Gaza imposed by the IDF and in particular to the bombing of power and water infrastructure targets following the kidnapping of the Israeli corporal last month; bombing that amounted to little more than the collective and disproportionate punishment of the civilian population of Gaza.

This is why I've got such as issue with Israel's current campaign and not just with the UN casualties. Israel has consistently done nothing to ease the tensions that lead to outbreaks such as this latest, then dons the mantle of the aggreived party at the first opportunity when in reality it carries an equal share of the guilt. Couple this with has a history of disregard for the safety of neutrals and civlians who happen to be in the IDF's line of fire and that's a good reason to be critical of Israeli actions.

Also, from the article Ripsnort quoted:

"At the time, there had been no Hezbollah activity reported in the area," he said. "So it was quite clear they were not going after other targets; that, for whatever reason, our position was being fired upon"

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2006, 06:34:04 AM »
Nash,

I went back through a bunch of your recent posts, and aside from an apparent tendency towards stalking, you really don't seem to be adding much.  I know you'll just respond with an insult because that's all you ever do when responding to anyone actually participating in a discussion, but welcome to the killfile (ignore list for you young-uns).  You are one of a very few people who ever make me wonder why I signed up to risk my life to protect people like you.  I used to think maybe you're just wrong and arrogant, but now I'm pretty sure you're one of the people I'm supposed to guard everyone else against.  That makes you a member of a rather small group of people.
Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.

Offline deSelys

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2006, 07:30:24 AM »
Eagl, please add me to your list as well b/c Nash is bang on about SG.

I've never studied the bible much, but I remember JC teaching 'turn the other cheek' and 'love thy enemy'...

Those pages were obviously missing from SG's copy of the bible.

Oh, and nice job about the 'risk my life to protect people' thing... Like beating up the countryside in a F15 and wearing cool sunglasses was a chore, get a grip.
I'd accept it from you if you were a grunt in Afghanistan like a former squadmate of mine... a canuck, mind you. He's already been shot at a lot and he has lost more than a couple of buddies. He's seen the real deal, I don't think that you have...yet (I'm not saying that you've avoided dangerous assignments, don't put those words into my mouth).
Current ID: Romanov

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye... then it's just a game to find the eye

'I AM DID NOTHING WRONG' - Famous last forum words by legoman

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2006, 07:46:55 AM »
Maybe Goon sees the bigger picture here.  How if there wheren't countries to stand up to Islamofascism than instead of reading the new testiment he'd be bowing to mecha 5 times a day.  

Either way if he wasn't a pastor you would just write him off as a bu****e and ignore him outright so what's the difference.  

Anti-semitism aside it seems the Euros still want to blaim Israel first.  If Nash had his way they'd be fighting a limited war with one hand tied behind their backs.  If the UN ran things they'd be subject to daily rocket attacks and then have to provide free medical care to the terrorists that launched them without ever returning fire.

Offline Momus--

• Nickel Member
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2006, 08:05:53 AM »
Your total cluelessness is showing once more Gunslinger. The two nations in the middle-east most opposed to "Islamofacism" as you term it are the previous Ba'athist regime in Iraq and the present regime in Syria. The two Islamic nations most aligned with "Islamofacism" are staunch US allies Saudi Arabia and Pakistan.  Does that glimpse of reality make your brain hurt?

Here's another one for you; Hezbollah and the Sunni extremists who operate under the Al Qaeda franchise are enemies, not allies. Maybe it's a little less black and white than you think? Yes? No?

Or does screeching about "euros" and labelling as an anti-semite everyone who doesn't share your myopic world view constitute your limit?

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2006, 08:08:30 AM »
I think that calling your-0-peeans anti semites is not a huge stretch....  the ones responding here about this situation are pretty much confirming it...

nash talks of "going overboard" like war and terrorism was a game where each side was only allowed to kill as many of the enemy as they themselves took casualties...  Irael is a soverign nation that  is being terrorized by a diverse group of fantics who's stated purpose is to wipe them off the face of the earth and who's weapons are terror against civilians..

Who's methods include beheading people on live tv and suicide bombing and using comercial airliners and their passengers for bombs.

They are barbaric scum and the jews are fighting the good fight...  the jews have no choice but to hit them 10 times harder than they can hit the jews...  the jews have no choice but to ignore the human shields so long as there is rockets coming from that area and hitting their civilians.

Any country that would harbor such cowardly barbarians as the hez-ebola does not remain a civilian population... they are simply the citizens of hez-ebola.  

Some have mentioned occupied france in WWII and said it is the same thing....  It is nothing like the same.   the french resisted... the french were rounded up and murdered by the nazis for their resistance... the lebonese dance in the street when islamofacists murder people.

lazs

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2006, 08:10:02 AM »
Originally posted by Momus--
Your total cluelessness is showing once more Gunslinger. The two nations in the middle-east most opposed to "Islamofacism" as you term it are the previous Ba'athist regime in Iraq and the present regime in Syria. The two Islamic nations most aligned with "Islamofacism" are staunch US allies Saudi Arabia and Pakistan.  Does that glimpse of reality make your brain hurt?

Here's another one for you; Hezbollah and the Sunni extremists who operate under the Al Qaeda franchise are enemies, not allies. Maybe it's a little less black and white than you think? Yes? No?

Or does screeching about "euros" and labelling as an anti-semite everyone who doesn't share your myopic world view constitute your limit?

Just because you say it does not make it so.  The enemy of my enemy is my friend.  Sunni and Shia sects would long put aside their differences to fight Isralis.  Iraq is a parallel but all together different discussion and you didn't mention anything at all about Iran either.

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2006, 08:20:24 AM »
Originally posted by deSelys
Eagl, please add me to your list as well b/c Nash is bang on about SG.

I've never studied the bible much, but I remember JC teaching 'turn the other cheek' and 'love thy enemy'...

Those pages were obviously missing from SG's copy of the bible.

Oh, and nice job about the 'risk my life to protect people' thing... Like beating up the countryside in a F15 and wearing cool sunglasses was a chore, get a grip.
I'd accept it from you if you were a grunt in Afghanistan like a former squadmate of mine... a canuck, mind you. He's already been shot at a lot and he has lost more than a couple of buddies. He's seen the real deal, I don't think that you have...yet (I'm not saying that you've avoided dangerous assignments, don't put those words into my mouth).

Jesus Christ never said anything about laying down and letting your enemy kill you.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2006, 08:32:22 AM »
Originally posted by deSelys
I've never studied the bible much.

Fixed.   This killed your "disagreement".
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2006, 08:58:03 AM »
Originally posted by Thrawn
Does that somehow lessen the impact? Besides, not all friendly fires are the same. At some point it sounds like this one crossed over from accident, to negligence or incompetance. And perhaps even it was deliberate. Sliding scale of culpability.

I would like this incident to be investigated by a neutral third party.

One would have to wonder if Hezbollah would be the ones who crossed over from negligence and perhaps they deliberately used the UN guards as human shields? Maybe there should be an investigation by a neutral thrid party........................ ........

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Re: Re: Hezbollah was using UN post as 'shield'
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2006, 09:02:42 AM »
Originally posted by Maniac
More lies? what are you on about?

\golf clap

Offline deSelys

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2006, 09:03:19 AM »
Capt VH and Masherbum:

from biblegateway.com:

Matthew 5

The Beatitudes

An Eye for an Eye

38"You have heard that it was said, 'Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.' 39But I tell you, Do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. 40And if someone wants to sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well. 41If someone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles. 42Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you.

Love for Enemies

43"You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' 44But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

and

Luke 6:29

If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic.

So who didn't pay attention in church, hmmm?
Current ID: Romanov

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye... then it's just a game to find the eye

'I AM DID NOTHING WRONG' - Famous last forum words by legoman