Author Topic: X52 2nd mouse thingy...  (Read 327 times)

Offline Wormy1

• Zinc Member
X52 2nd mouse thingy...
« on: August 07, 2006, 12:49:11 AM »
Just a quick question...

Is this thing any good for anything other than running the cursor around & yelling "Weeeeee!" while you're doing so ??

is there any way to map its axis, the mouse button, & the scroll wheel & button into the game ?? (any Game??)

Thx
The Wormy One...

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
X52 2nd mouse thingy...
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2006, 01:01:02 AM »
I use the sst programing software.
I use the wheel for flaps ,just set it as key press.
I have not set up the mini stick yet as I have just about every function covered.

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline Wormy1

• Zinc Member
X52 2nd mouse thingy...
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2006, 04:42:29 AM »
Originally posted by Bronk
I use the sst programing software.
I use the wheel for flaps ,just set it as key press.
I have not set up the mini stick yet as I have just about every function covered.

Bronk

THx for the Reply...

Yeah Same here, But I was just wunderin "IF" its possible really... would be kinda kewl...

but if not I'll just tweek & tweek & tweek some more til it breaks .... :aok

take care & see ya ...
Wormy1

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
X52 2nd mouse thingy...
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2006, 01:18:10 PM »
I use the hat on joystick for primary views, and one of the blue buttons on the throttle as an "Up" modifier -- so left+up gives me that view.

Then, I set up the ministick to mimic the arrow functions, so I could fine adjsut views to see around canopy framing, etc.

I use the SST software also. Just starting to get fancy with it -- for example, I have one key set to give an outside view to scan for enemies from the tower or from buffs, but when I hold it for over a second it kicks me back inside.
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline Mace2004

• Silver Member
      • TrackIR 4.0
X52 2nd mouse thingy...
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2006, 11:32:52 AM »
Use the SST software to set up each axis of the mouse stick as three bands then assign key fuctions to the bands.  Leave the middle bands unassigned.  I have mine setup so that up is flaps up, down is flaps down, forward is wep and back is brakes.  The mouse button is assigned just like any other switch on the stick and throttle.  I don't use the wheel, I've got everything I need mapped elsewhere and the wheel is in an awkward position.  I suppose you might be able to map trim settings to it.

Mace
Mace
Golden Gryphon Guild Mercenary Force G3-MF