Author Topic: Plz help a noob  (Read 791 times)

Offline *PAPA*

• Zinc Member
Plz help a noob
« on: August 07, 2006, 12:28:21 PM »
Ok...I got everything installed....controls set up....set to "auto take off"....etc., and plane just sits on the runway.  Throttle is at full but plane does not take off.    Same thing for vehicles....I put the sucker into gear and nothing happens.  Now what?
All Your Base Belong to us.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Plz help a noob
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2006, 12:53:48 PM »
make sure your joystick is setup in the control section of AH. Otherwise it will never see your throttle control and not give your plane or gv any gas to go
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline *PAPA*

• Zinc Member
Plz help a noob
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2006, 12:58:22 PM »
Thanks.  I mapped the RPM and I can watch the cockpit control on the left side of the cockpit move up and down as I increase and decrease the throttle from max to min from my controller. Engine noise doesn't change though.  Am I missing something?
All Your Base Belong to us.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Plz help a noob
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2006, 01:41:30 PM »
not sure if that is the gas
what stick are you using?
you should have to map the throttle axis to throttle in the three window ah setup screen. In a 109 the throttle is the stick on the left with a round grip on top. when I move my x45 throttle, that thing slides back and forth as does my engine noise
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Plz help a noob
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2006, 03:32:02 PM »
Map your throttle to throttle 1 not RPMs. RPMs are related to fuel economy which you can see in the E6B on your clipboard.
The throttle should change your manifold pressure.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Plz help a noob
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2006, 04:04:32 PM »
Small question, did ya hit "E" to start your engine?

Offline FBplmmr

• Silver Member
Plz help a noob
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2006, 08:52:53 PM »
and for gv's you need to put em in gear as well as start the engine--- the Q key by default goes up gear and the W key goes down a gear

planes no gear .. once the throttle is mapped and engine is running (it starts for you automajically) just leter go and it will auto take off:cool:

:aok

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
Plz help a noob
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2006, 04:43:53 AM »
Hi PAPA!

As Fuze already said.... you need to map THROTTLE 1 to your Joystick throttle lever. That controls the Mainfold Pressure (basically your gas pedal).

The RPMs are tied to the pitch of your prop blades and can be used to reduce fuel consumption. Check your E6B (ESC for clipboard) for different RPM/MP settings to save fuel.

You can check if your going full throttle (ie full MP, not RPM!!) by pressing P key (WEP). In most fighter planes WEP (War Emergency Power) was extra emergency boost given for a short amount of time - danger of engine overheat!! Youll get WEP at lowered rpms (they are automatically set to full by that) but only at full MP.

To reduce rpms in flight either map that to an extra slider or rotary or use the +/- keys on your numpad.

More info and help can be found on Hammer's Net Aces and in the games Help File.

For everything else this forum is the place to go :).

Welcome to your new addiction :D.
21 is only half the truth.