Author Topic: The planes we truly need most.  (Read 10572 times)

Offline SKJohn

• Nickel Member
The planes we truly need most.
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2006, 08:49:35 AM »
After spending many hours pouring over the lists above, and carefully doing statistical analysis of everybody's wishes and wants, I've determined that all of the lists can be boile down to the following two aircraft which WILL be the next ones added to Aces high:

P-39

and

B-25

Anything other than these are simply not needed and no further discussion on this subject will be tolerated.  
Thank you for your participation in the above determination process - we willl get back to you when they are ready.

Aces High Development Staff

:D

Offline LLv34_Camouflage

• Gold Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34
« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2006, 11:58:29 AM »
AH2 is very lacking on the eastern front planeset, especially early war.

VVS:
Pe2
DB3
I16
LaGG3
La5
P39Q
Yak1 or Yak7
Yak9M (1x20mm cannon, easy to convert from current Yak9T)

FAF:
Brewster
Curtiss Hawk 75

LW:
Ju87D5 (with 2x20mm cannons)

If I could only pick two planes, those would be I16 and Brewster. That would produce the best ever dogfights in AvA and events, not to mention king of the hill. :)

Camo
CO, Lentolaivue 34
Brewster's in AH!
"How about the power to kill a Yak from 200 yards away - with mind bullets!"

Offline EagleDNY

• Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2006, 12:06:45 PM »
I just have to point out again that the early war rides are going to be hanger queens in the MA, where the bulk of the action is going on.  The late war/4Q45 rides will at least get some use in the MA, which might justify all the modelling/programming/skinning effort that it will take to bring them to us.

EagleDNY
$.02

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: August 16, 2006, 01:31:46 PM »
Originally posted by EagleDNY
I just have to point out again that the early war rides are going to be hanger queens in the MA, where the bulk of the action is going on.  The late war/4Q45 rides will at least get some use in the MA, which might justify all the modelling/programming/skinning effort that it will take to bring them to us.

EagleDNY
$.02

If the emphasis of the game is changing from MA to CT, this won't be very convincing. Given the resources that have gone into CT developement thus far, I imagine that at leats 50% of future Aircraft releases will have some role in wherever CT is headed. And if CT ever makes it to the Pacific... well: Judy Judy Judy (and all that).  

-Sik
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.

Offline EagleDNY

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: August 16, 2006, 03:19:12 PM »
Originally posted by Sikboy
If the emphasis of the game is changing from MA to CT, this won't be very convincing. Given the resources that have gone into CT developement thus far, I imagine that at leats 50% of future Aircraft releases will have some role in wherever CT is headed. And if CT ever makes it to the Pacific... well: Judy Judy Judy (and all that).  

-Sik

Until we actually SEE and PLAY the CT, it is a little hard to judge what the emphasis should be.  If they release CT and 90% of the player base stays in the MA, what then should the emphasis be?  There's a lot of "furballers" in the MA that might not be that interested in CT.  If only 50% of the base moves over to CT, does that mean that the 50% in the MA get ignored?  

That said, there isn't anything that prevents HT from releasing say 1 new ride every other month or so, or revamping an existing ride to the new flight model and skins.  If 50% of these updates are for the CT, and 50% are late war rides for the MA that would be fine.  I'd just like to see something for the MA, especially since until the actual release of CT, the MA is definitely where the action is.  I just hope that HTC realizes where the bread is buttered at the moment.

I'm not trying to be argumentative, I'll be one of the first to try out the CT when it gets released.  Until that happens, I think that HT would be wise to keep working on improving the MA, and it's been awhile since I've seen anything new.

EagleDNY
$.02

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: August 16, 2006, 03:39:01 PM »
I also like Karnak's list, but I would add:

Soviet Union:
Mig series - this entire section of aviation history is missing from the Russian aircraft line-up.

Germany:
He-111 & Do-17 - both of these fill an early war bomber gap that the Ju-88A-4 is substituting.  The He-111 was also used as a troop and cargo transport and would better server than the Ju-54. Both were produced in large numbers and many saw action in the BoB.

USA:
I like the idea of the other B-25 variants, but to what purpose? We don't have the B-29, a late war bomber extensively used in the last part of the pacific war.

Weapon options:
Incendiary weapons - was used extensively, all we have now are just iron bombs for aircraft? What if I just want to burn the airfield?
Mines - what about mine layers and sweepers for both land and sea? Couldn't some bombers and aircraft drop mines?
Artillery units - missing like a 1 mile hole in the ground.
HE/AP/ + Incendiary - rounds for aircraft like the same for tanks.
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #51 on: August 16, 2006, 03:45:24 PM »
Originally posted by EagleDNY
Until we actually SEE and PLAY the CT, it is a little hard to judge what the emphasis should be.  If they release CT and 90% of the player base stays in the MA, what then should the emphasis be?  There's a lot of "furballers" in the MA that might not be that interested in CT.  If only 50% of the base moves over to CT, does that mean that the 50% in the MA get ignored?  

That said, there isn't anything that prevents HT from releasing say 1 new ride every other month or so, or revamping an existing ride to the new flight model and skins.  If 50% of these updates are for the CT, and 50% are late war rides for the MA that would be fine.  I'd just like to see something for the MA, especially since until the actual release of CT, the MA is definitely where the action is.  I just hope that HTC realizes where the bread is buttered at the moment.

I'm not trying to be argumentative, I'll be one of the first to try out the CT when it gets released.  Until that happens, I think that HT would be wise to keep working on improving the MA, and it's been awhile since I've seen anything new.

EagleDNY
$.02

In some respects I agree with you. However there are a lot of players who fly the special events right now. many of the early planes on Karnaks list would improve SE's right now.

More late model planes would be good as well. I'm sure people are tired of screaming about LA-7s, Spit 16's and such. They need new whine.

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: August 16, 2006, 10:02:57 PM »
OR, if any of you wish to brush up on historical match-ups in prepartion for the CT, why not fly the AvA for a while? ;)
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline Col. Flashman

• Zinc Member
« Reply #53 on: October 16, 2006, 03:24:34 AM »
P-35
P-36 Hawk
P-39 Airacobra
P-43 Lancer
P-63 Kingcobra
Brewster F2A Buffalo
TBD-1 Devastator
SB2C Helldiver
PBY
PBM Mariner
PV-1 Ventura
Martin Baltimore
B-25 (all versions)
A-26 Invader

Avro Anson Mk.1
Fairey Swordfish & Barracuda
Fairey Battle
Fairey Firefly
Bristole Blenheim, Beaufort & Beaufighter
Gloster Gladiator & Meteor
Boulton Paul Defiant
Hadley Page Hampden & Halifax
Vickers Wellington
Westland Wirlwind
Short Stirling

Arado Ar.196
He.111
Do.17
Fw.189
Fw.200
Bv.138
Me.410
He.219
He.162
He.100 & 112

Cant Z.506
Fiat B.R.20 -  G.55 -
SIAI Marchetti  S.M.79
Reggiane Re.2000 - 2001 - 2002 - 2005
Imam Ro.57

M.S.406
LeO 451
Bloch MB-152
Caudron C.714
D.520
Arsenal VG-33

F.F.V.S. J 22
Saab 18

I.A.R 80

Myrsky II
Fokker D.XXI
Brewster 239 (engine up-grade & lighter)

A5M
Ki-27
A6M2-N
H6K4

CA-3 Wirraway
CA-11 Woomera
CA-12 Boomerang

Offline Knegel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #54 on: October 16, 2006, 04:07:53 AM »
Oh, i thought the theatre headline was "The planes we truly need most". not "What planes are still missing?".

Imho some russian planes are badly missing, like the I-16, Ya1/7, Yak3, Mig3, Lagg3, but also the P39 and Ki-43 was pretty important planes in WWII.

Regarding bombers, of course the He111, Blenheim and  Pe-2, but also the Ju87G(allieds already have their tank hunter).

Out of this i miss the early VVS fighters( i count the P39 to them) most!!

Greetings,

Offline Debonair

• Gold Member
« Reply #55 on: October 16, 2006, 04:17:39 PM »
iirc, the I-17 & I-14 were in the war with te Finn Land & about a dozen I-185s were in combat trials.
n33333d them!!!11

Offline Warspawn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #56 on: October 16, 2006, 06:22:31 PM »
I'd like to see these beauties modeled and flyable.  The KI-45 would be an especially interesting addition to the planeset:

And of course, one of my favorite rides which would be nifty to fight in, and a competitive plane in the LW arena vs the a/c available there.  Meet the Kingcobra:

Purple haze all in my brain
Lately things just don't seem the same
Actin' funny, but I don't know why

'Scuse me while I kiss the sky                 
                                                 --J. Hendrix

Offline Yoshimbo

• Nickel Member
      • http://freewebs.com/yoshimbo/
« Reply #57 on: October 16, 2006, 07:07:58 PM »
a japanese 110 that ki45 is, :aok possibly more maneuverable too, as it was lighter i believe and not much slower either

ok i've heard of and flown (in various sims) the p-39D and p-39Q airocobra

but this is the first time i've heard of the "Kingcobra"

...elaborate

-Boss Yoshimbo

Offline KTM520guy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #58 on: October 16, 2006, 07:16:26 PM »
Kingcobra = P63
Everything King Midas touches turns to gold. Everything Chuck Norris touches turns up dead.

Offline Benny Moore

• Silver Member
« Reply #59 on: October 16, 2006, 07:44:19 PM »
The Northrop P-61 Black Widow had four fixed twenty millimeter cannons and four fifty caliber machine guns, all of which could be fired by the pilot.  It also had an on-board radar.  The P-61 was remarkably gentle in the stall, and had unparalleled one engine stability.  It had a tighter sustained turning circle than the P-51, P-47, and F-4U, although pilots complained about insufficient speed and poor roll rate.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 07:51:17 PM by Benny Moore »