Author Topic: X52's Ministik Worthless ??  (Read 279 times)

Offline Wormy1

• Zinc Member
X52's Ministik Worthless ??
« on: August 08, 2006, 11:40:53 AM »
Hi all,

just got the X52 & love it but was wondering about the ministik & its uses in game...

I've not been able to map it & was wondering if this was possible...

the potential of this handy Lil stick & button is quite high & would like to explore it further...

Thanx for any help
Wormy1

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2006, 12:52:04 PM »
I'm away from the game machine now, so I cant say exactly how I got it to work from memory, but I have mine set to adjust views like the arrow keys on the keyboard.

So, I use the ministick to glide my way around cockpit framing, or to adjust my seat on climbout so the sun is blocked by framing.

Inside Saitek's software, you can select for the axis to mimic a button rather than a slider. Then just program the stick movement to the key for the seat movement (or other function) you want.

It's supposed to be capable of functioning like a mouse as well, but I never tried that...not a mouselook guy.
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline bockko

• Nickel Member
      • http://groups.yahoo.com/group/blackoutboys/
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2006, 06:54:38 PM »
i have mine set up so that the up/down direction moves my cockpit view up and down, and the left/right direction zooms the clipboard map in and out. the pinky hat switch is an 8 way switch but i didn't program anything to the corner positions.

Offline Mace2004

• Silver Member
      • TrackIR 4.0
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2006, 09:07:59 AM »
Mine is set  as:
Forward-WEP
Up- Flaps up
Down- Flaps down
Back-brakes

I set it up in the SST software with bands and then assigned keystrokes to the bands.  Works well.  BTW, the small mouse button aft of the ministick toggles zoom on and off.
Mace
Golden Gryphon Guild Mercenary Force G3-MF

Offline Wormy1

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2006, 02:07:19 PM »
Originally posted by Simaril

It's supposed to be capable of functioning like a mouse as well, but I never tried that...not a mouselook guy.

Yeah Same here but was just thinkin if I'm just flyin around lookin at whatever, might be useful...

Originally posted by Mace2004
Mine is set  as:
Forward-WEP
Up- Flaps up
Down- Flaps down
Back-brakes

I set it up in the SST software with bands and then assigned keystrokes to the bands.  Works well.  BTW, the small mouse button aft of the ministick toggles zoom on and off.

that sounds better than what I have now Mace... thx

Ok I'll play with it & the SST tonite when I get home...
thx for the replies & the help

Wormy1