Author Topic: HO fighting....  (Read 4702 times)

Offline frank3

• Plutonium Member
HO fighting....
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2006, 06:58:00 AM »
I host realistical historical missions (in the h2h) with all icons disabled.
You'd be surprised how often a (good) fight leads to a HO.

Sometimes it's just unavoidable

Offline mussie

• Gold Member
HO fighting....
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2006, 07:19:21 AM »
I dont like to HO much prefer to have a good on the deck furball....

Now I Know that I said that I dont like to HO, But pretty much every time I have not shot at someone as we merge head to head I have been HO'ed so I have given up on being a sports man and will HO pretty much all the time now...

Unfortunatly once in a while ya encounter someone who does not HO back and ya always feel like an unsporting salamander when this happens....

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
HO fighting....
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2006, 07:31:05 AM »
Originally posted by TinmanX
Was cruising along at 17k earlier today in a 38J. Spied a lone 51, he spied me, no other planes around looked like a good fight was in the offing. Went to merge, we were both fast and coming at each other head on. I dipped my nose a little and my right wing to show I had no intention of HOing. He dipped his nose and left wing, matched my course and lit me up.

That is a HO in my book. That is showing no intention of tying to fight our pretend planes until skill decides the winner.

Incidentally, I still beat him and took great pleasure in taking every peice off of his plane until he bailed, then I shot down his parachute. yes, I was bitter.

Your squadron as a whole does this.   I've encountered about 8 of you over the last week.    But let's not talk about that tidbit.  :aok   I just feel bad for my friend VegasX.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Vortex

• Nickel Member
Re: HO fighting....
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2006, 08:03:44 AM »
Originally posted by Verbal
I am asking opinions on this, NOT DEFENDING A POINT.

i was wondering what the general concensus of players opinions was on HO fighting. it seems to boil down to 2 points of view.

1) If you a poor flyers, or just plain old pathetic and underhanded you go with the HO kill. and most times you'll get a collision . and this undermines the  gentlemanly nature of the game.

2) a kill is a kill. HO fighting is a proven way to kill someone. and yes sometimes you collide, its the nature of the beast.

I wont elaborate on either, i just want to see what everyone thinks on this matter???

Poor design model. Front quarter hits should never have been allowed in the game in the first place. Kills gameplay, kills acm
--)-Vortex----
The Musketeers, circa 1990

AH In-Game Handle: Vort

Offline mussie

• Gold Member
Re: Re: HO fighting....
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2006, 09:29:17 AM »
Originally posted by Vortex
Poor design model. Front quarter hits should never have been allowed in the game in the first place. Kills gameplay, kills acm

Though I understand your point I disagree...

If HT was to put Front shields on our rides why not Takeoff and landing shields....This would lead to ppl gaming the system...

How... well something has to be the trigger for the shields, so in the case of take off shields lets say it uses the same system as is used to bring the Buff drones into formation at takeoff, for this to happen you have to:
1- Get above 200 feet
2- Raise your gear

So we end up with guys never getting above 200 feet and flying with their gear down to avoid being vulched....

It all comes down to the individual pilots actions and there will always be those who HO, Vulch, Run and Gangbang....  It simply human nature

Remember its game have fun with it

Offline mussie

• Gold Member
HO fighting....
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2006, 09:32:16 AM »
BTW as dirty as it makes me feel Vulching was a valid tactic....

Yeager got his first 262 kill by vulching it on landing

Offline AutoPilot

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
HO fighting....
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2006, 09:43:13 AM »
Yeager got his first 262 kill by vulching it on landing

That 262 he vulched was something the U.S. knew very little about and it was shooting at friendlys, and in war everything goes.

But this isn't war it's  a game and no one's life depends on it.

Offline mussie

• Gold Member
HO fighting....
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2006, 09:47:13 AM »
Originally posted by AutoPilot
That 262 he vulched was something the U.S. knew very little about and it was shooting at friendlys, and in war everything goes.

But this isn't war it's  a game and no one's life depends on it.

WTF... Are you saying Yeager shot down a friendly flying a 262... Ya wanna give me some more info... was it a captured 262 or somthing..

Also unless I am mistaken HO'ing was a valid tactic used in WWII, but here in the Virtual skys its just no fun......

Offline SwS

• Zinc Member
Re: Re: HO fighting....
« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2006, 10:12:47 AM »
Originally posted by x0847Marine
You'll find people with no real training, or much skill that has equated to real life success, endlessly dwelling on ch200 how well practiced they are at this game. Probably because they have exactly nothing to brag about in real life...

The mouthiest digital warriors were too chickenfece to join the military, washed out in police processing, got fired as mall security, and their only sexual conquest is Rosie Palm and her 5 sisters. Yet when logged on to AH, they have something, finally!, to yammer about... and they do.

The idea it takes skill to master a game most any child can become good at is laughable at best... none-the-less these folks cling desperately to their perceived AH community status as a 'skilled pilot', which I'm sure has every KIA WWII vet spinning in their respective graves.

To see alleged adults bragging, to the point of pride, they have the skills of most any kid.. is telling.

A HO shot is considered amateurish to the self appointed AH elite, so is playing the game in a tactful manor. Regardless of how you cause their digital demise, HO shot or otherwise, they will go to emotional poop on 200 suggesting you surviving the encounter was somehow cheap. Giving up all advantage, rolling over and allowing them a free easy stat is the only acceptable outcome.

You can decide to listen to them, or not... it's your $15. Laughing profusely at how serious these little men take themselves is worth $15 alone.
:aok

Offline hammer

• Gold Member
      • netAces
HO fighting....
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2006, 10:34:07 AM »
Originally posted by Schatzi
...pulling for a HO deliberatly puts you at a disadvantage most times...

Very true. I like to go low early and watch people go diving below me because they're determined to take the shot on the initial pass. Sometimes they get a hit (like last night when I left my AV going and planes were getting hits while they looked like they were pointed 45* off :furious AV induced lag!) but most times they just end up lower than me. :aok

Then, of course, I go down, blow my angle, and leave a smoking hole in the ground.:cry
Hammer

JG11
(Temporarily Retired)

Offline AutoPilot

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
HO fighting....
« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2006, 11:09:17 AM »
Sorry you understood mussie, i simply meant that the enemy 262's were shooting down friendly's and we did not know much about the aircraft at the time.

Offline SAS_KID

• Silver Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/saskid
HO fighting....
« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2006, 01:55:01 PM »
o my the Sonic show's him self. What i hate is when you dive down to avoid and they just keep blasting away. But if they miss its usually lights out for em.
Quote from: hitech on Today at 09:27:26 AM
What utter and compete BS, quite frankly I should kick you off this bbs for this post.

The real truth is you do not like the answer.

HiTech

Offline mussie

• Gold Member
HO fighting....
« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2006, 02:55:35 PM »
Originally posted by AutoPilot
Sorry you understood mussie, i simply meant that the enemy 262's were shooting down friendly's and we did not know much about the aircraft at the time.

262's shooting down friendlies.... I did not know   :O

J/K Auto :p

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
HO fighting....
« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2006, 03:38:55 PM »
Originally posted by Schatzi
........snip

pulling for a HO deliberatly puts you at a disadvantage most times. Its not so much the fact that its a HO, its more the issue that by pulling for a shot that might or might not hit (high deflection) you have to give up angles on your enemy.

.........snip

Exactly.

HO's are a non-issue once you know how to deal with them -- either barrel roll through firing range, or do a lead turn (preferably vertical) on to the enemy's 6. Either tactic gives near complete protection from the HO-meisters.

I havent been hit on a HO merge forever...except the few times I mess up the move or "accept" the joust for the heck of it.

I think most guys who scream about the HO are saying as much about their ACM skills as they are about the attackers'. There's no reason you should have to "depend on the kindness of strangers*" to avoid the HO.

So anybody wants to give up angles to try the HO shot on me, feel free. Odds are, it'll hurt you more than it hurts me....

*Bonus points if you know where the quote came from...without google.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2006, 03:47:48 PM by Simaril »
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline icemaw

• Gold Member
HO fighting....
« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2006, 04:13:32 PM »
[SIZE=10]NOT ANOTHER FLIPPIN HO THREAD AAARRRGGGGGG!!!!![/SIZE]

yanks out keyboard and beats himself to death with it!

kbhHLIUTBO I ^%E!@$y890 &GU*(&%*( &*O Y*(*()hio hj#$ SBDFqgfasdfadsgfASDGFhjyilbf adgaAGsg arAGR  tjE&KL 6 r86q @#$` %at g zxf 086

3553 4

35wW$%Uasherq4@#Yq34y261246Q$#YBNxgfDMHSMY AFafd
AWGdtr7kdaehsr6ztndenzgfdvb:t :t :t

with a :furious  for good measure
Army of Das Muppets     
Member DFC Furballers INC. If you cant piss with big dogs go run with the pack