Author Topic: WW3 poll  (Read 1001 times)

Offline ~Caligula~

• Nickel Member
WW3 poll
« on: August 10, 2006, 10:20:35 AM »
how many of you belive that ww3 has already started and matters should be treated that way?

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
WW3 poll
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2006, 10:34:11 AM »
You probably
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
WW3 poll
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2006, 11:00:09 AM »
No.
sand

Offline T0J0

• Silver Member
WW3 poll
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2006, 11:05:21 AM »
Started in 1979....
But I suspect it was 1972 at the Olympics....

TJ

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
WW3 poll
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2006, 11:08:49 AM »
Some don't think there’s even a threat let alone a war let alone a global war on terrorism
Given the fact that the "war" against terrorism IS occurring on several continents, in multiple countries it is in fact a global/world war. Since this is the third such war, it is ww3 regardless if everyone sees it as such or not..

I'm sure there were those during the first two that did not see them for what they were while they were happening either
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
WW3 poll
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2006, 11:14:37 AM »
yep.  Been going since 1948 but since the arabs cant seem to get a decent fight going they have resorted to whimp terror tactics.  Eventually some idiot terrorist will do enough damage that the west reacts with such overwhelming force that there arent any fanatic moslims left, or at least not enough to bother with.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline lukster

• Gold Member
WW3 poll
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2006, 11:14:43 AM »
If you're asking do we believe the current fighting in Lebanon will escalate beyond the borders of Israel and Lebanon my answer is that no one knows but I think it's less than probable at this point.

I do believe that there is war brewing in the world that will likely engulf us all without a significant change in course.

Offline BTAirsol

• Copper Member
WW3 poll
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2006, 11:15:37 AM »
It started when Iran took our people hostage at the U.S. embassey in Iran in the 1970's.

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
WW3 poll
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2006, 11:16:36 AM »
Not even close.

Offline Seagoon

• Gold Member
      • http://www.providencepca.com
WW3 poll
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2006, 11:22:17 AM »
Hi Caligula,

I'm probably going to disappoint, but I think that the current conflict we are in is simply a continuation of the struggle that began with the birth of Islam in 611 AD.

Islam was expanding from the 7th through 16th centuries, went through a period of reversal and western domination in the 17th through mid-20th centuries, but has once again shaken off foriegn control and is undergoing a period of aggressive expansion once again.

"World War" would seem to imply a relatively quick military conflict between world powers with conflicting political aims. What we are dealing with at present is a continuing struggle against a worldview that aims to supersede and eliminate all other worldviews, and one which cannot be finally resolved by force of arms.

As such, I think it is an entirely different kettle of fish from World War One and Two.

- SEAGOON
SEAGOON aka Pastor Andy Webb
"We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion... Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
WW3 poll
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2006, 11:30:00 AM »
If it can be proved that the August 22 'event' which Ahmadinejad spoke of was the airline plot which was stomped today in Britain, then Iran can expect to be destroyed.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline ~Caligula~

• Nickel Member
WW3 poll
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2006, 11:41:25 AM »
Originally posted by Seagoon
Hi Caligula,

I'm probably going to disappoint, but I think that the current conflict we are in is simply a continuation of the struggle that began with the birth of Islam in 611 AD.

Islam was expanding from the 7th through 16th centuries, went through a period of reversal and western domination in the 17th through mid-20th centuries, but has once again shaken off foriegn control and is undergoing a period of aggressive expansion once again.

"World War" would seem to imply a relatively quick military conflict between world powers with conflicting political aims. What we are dealing with at present is a continuing struggle against a worldview that aims to supersede and eliminate all other worldviews, and one which cannot be finally resolved by force of arms.

As such, I think it is an entirely different kettle of fish from World War One and Two.

- SEAGOON

i think you`re absolutelly right.
the only solution i can see is the end of dependence on oil, so the arabs won`t get free cash to found terror and get back to camel hurding.

Offline Rolex

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
WW3 poll
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2006, 11:55:37 AM »
No.

If your country attacks Syria, that could escalate quickly to something that will have the rest of the world glued to their TVs in disbelief.

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
WW3 poll
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2006, 12:02:03 PM »
Originally posted by ~Caligula~
i think you`re absolutelly right.
the only solution i can see is the end of dependence on oil, so the arabs won`t get free cash to found terror and get back to camel hurding.

:rofl :aok
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline lukster

• Gold Member
WW3 poll
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2006, 12:12:48 PM »
Originally posted by Rolex
No.

If your country attacks Syria, that could escalate quickly to something that will have the rest of the world glued to their TVs in disbelief.

My sentiment wouldn't be one of disbelief, Syria being the primary supplier of Hezbollah and all. It would be more of an oh s***, here we go.