Author Topic: Gambling  (Read 801 times)

Offline x0847Marine

• Silver Member
Gambling
« on: August 13, 2006, 02:22:28 PM »
..of some type, like the ability to wager on DA challenges, or events.  

AH takes a % of the winnings, and the ego maniacs get to put thir $$ where thier mouth is.

Offline Tarmac

• Gold Member
Gambling
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2006, 03:06:57 PM »
and HTC has to relocate to the Camen islands!

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
Gambling
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2006, 04:42:27 PM »
I think we should be able to gamble perks in a duel...But its a doube-edged sword...Who's to say a squaddie with 15,000 fighter perks wont just go in with another squaddie, and die right away to give away 1,000 perks....There would have to be a moderator, and that simply will not happen
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: Gambling
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2006, 04:44:29 PM »
Originally posted by x0847Marine
..of some type, like the ability to wager on DA challenges, or events.  

AH takes a % of the winnings, and the ego maniacs get to put thir $$ where thier mouth is.

Why would you want to bet?  It's not like you have any chance of collecting the winnings...

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
Gambling
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2006, 05:54:21 PM »
Idea might sound strange but maybe it would be a way of getting in more players and increase some of the flying skills around here.

Organise a big tournament once a month  $5 entry fee  get 100 guys in  top prize wins $$$   HT takes  a cut......

Format of tournament debatable,  Maybe a 6 player squad battle.

Might force people to up their game to compete for something a little more worthwhile.....  

I'm sure we can also sell films of the finals for extra $$$    

Get some sponsorship deals running and be a pro AH player :cool:

Flame on.

Bruv
~S~
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Gambling
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2006, 05:57:09 PM »
Imagine all the whinings, personal insults & cheating accusations rising to an hitherto unknown intensity if real $ are involved in our cartoon aircombat game... no thank  you very much :rolleyes:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
Gambling
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2006, 06:04:42 PM »
Well lusche  we would have to outline a rule book and have hosts in place within the tournament arena to monitor chat logs to keep it clean.

I guess if people tried to lag through poor connections they wouldnt be allowed to particpate.

Also making it squad vs squad fights would reduce the chances of cheating from one indivadual...
« Last Edit: August 13, 2006, 06:06:48 PM by Bruv119 »
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline nirvana

• Platinum Member
Gambling
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2006, 09:22:12 PM »
Originally posted by cav58d
I think we should be able to gamble perks in a duel...But its a doube-edged sword...Who's to say a squaddie with 15,000 fighter perks wont just go in with another squaddie, and die right away to give away 1,000 perks....There would have to be a moderator, and that simply will not happen

Yeah perks aren't hard to come by and some of us have tens of thousands of them that we never use.  Well, they are you perkies right?  Why shouldn't you be able to give them to a friend or squaddy?  There have been many times i'd wish I could donate some perkies to a newer squaddy or just one who likes the perk rides a little too much.  Hell I don't use em, i'd rather let someone else blow through them then have 'em sit stagnant.
Who are you to wave your finger?

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
Gambling
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2006, 10:14:37 PM »
Nirvana, I agree, I have more perks then I know what to do with...I'd be happy to give them out to a squady, or even a newb who wants to try out a jet, but I just dont think the community would go for it
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
Re: Gambling
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2006, 10:54:20 PM »
Originally posted by x0847Marine
and the ego maniacs get to put thir $$ where thier mouth is.

No need for money or gambling, just agree that each party shall post the film on these here bulletin boards after the match, if ego protection/destruction is what you're after.

I personally wouldn't think you've spent much time in the DA, though, if you think that is what it's about...
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline Scherf

• Gold Member
Gambling
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2006, 06:57:04 AM »
Or, we could trade perkies for l33t itemz. Then we could say:

"I'm wearing Boots of Escaping!"
... missions were to be met by the commitment of alerted swarms of fighters, composed of Me 109's and Fw 190's, that were strategically based to protect industrial installations. The inferior capabilities of these fighters against the Mosquitoes made this a hopeless and uneconomical effort. 1.JD KTB

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Gambling
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2006, 02:18:57 PM »
I'm sure many would like the "Boots of Extending +1".

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline REP0MAN

• Gold Member
Gambling
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2006, 11:34:59 AM »
Originally Posted by Bruv119
Organise a big tournament once a month $5 entry fee get 100 guys in top prize wins $$$ HT takes a cut......

Last time I checked, Gambling was illegal in Texas and I believe online for that matter.

/conscious thought
Apparently, one in five people in the world are Chinese. And there are five people in my family, so it must be one of them. It's either my mum or my dad. Or my older brother, Colin. Or my younger brother, Ho-Chan-Chu. But I think it's Colin. - Tim Vine.