Author Topic: Penn & Teller: Conspiracy Theories  (Read 1180 times)

Offline indy007

• Gold Member
Penn & Teller: Conspiracy Theories
« on: August 14, 2006, 08:37:05 AM »
Gotta love it

Careful, watching this episode may just make you want to find a 9/11 conspiracy nut, and hit them with a heavy, blunt object.

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2006, 09:32:47 PM »
Let's talk about scary...

4 out of 5 stars on Amazon
sand

Offline 68Hawk

• Silver Member
      • 68th Lightning Lancers
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2006, 12:47:09 AM »
I've watched almost all of the P&T shows and this is the only one that I've seen that I can say they really didn't get to the heart of the issue.

Usually they are pretty good about surveying an issue in the 1/2 hour of show that they have, but this one they only picked the cookiest arguments by the cookiest people.  

Many 'conspiracy theories' are ludicrous.  That is a fact, but many others are credible and well researched.  

Saying that those who research the crimes of 9/11 are un-patriotic or somehow disrespectful of the victims not only missrepresents what the credible and caring  individuals are trying to do, but undercuts the very purpose of their arguments.

The vast majority of the 9/11 research community presents valid facts and calls for justice for the victims.  A real and truly independent investigation is the only way to bring this justice.  The government coverup and hijacking of public sentiment is what's disrespectful of the victims.

Bring on the rabid hate mail.
68th Lightning Lancers
Fear the reaper no more fear the Lancers!
http://www.68thlightninglancers.net

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2006, 01:35:20 AM »
Say it aint so Hawk!!!!

Those people are weird and weak, and are pretending they know something the rest of us dont. Why? I dont know. Maybe they are so afraid of life they need to. Or maybe they hope they can impress the skank at the club. Who knows.

Im all for real investigations....but not from the likes of these..things.

~AoM~

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2006, 02:24:18 AM »
"It takes a special kind of prettythanghole"....Well said =)
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2006, 02:26:27 AM »
LMFAO....PENN is Hilarious!  I normally disagree with what he has to say on KROCK afternoon's, but he is great here!!!  How's his showtime series?  Are they all as good as this?
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

Offline Pooh21

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2006, 02:52:13 AM »
Originally posted by Sandman
Let's talk about scary...

4 out of 5 stars on Amazon

reading some of the reviews:confused:
"The sins of child molesters, thieves and murderers pale in comparison to the crimes of the Bush family and the Democrats and Republicans who turned their heads on 9/11."

dang Sandy you really ought to clean house on your side of the aisle with a flamethrower or something.
Bis endlich der Fiend am Boden liegt.
Bis Bishland bis Bishland bis Bishland wird besiegt!

Offline 68Hawk

• Silver Member
      • 68th Lightning Lancers
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2006, 02:52:41 AM »
Originally posted by FiLtH
Say it aint so Hawk!!!!

Those people are weird and weak, and are pretending they know something the rest of us dont. Why? I dont know. Maybe they are so afraid of life they need to. Or maybe they hope they can impress the skank at the club. Who knows.

Im all for real investigations....but not from the likes of these..things.

The people they find for the P&T episode certainly are weak.  

If you've read 40 books on Roman history and I haven't, its not pretending you know something more than me, its just a fact that you've put in more time on the scholarship.  A proffessor of physics certainly knows more about physics than I do.  Some of the people are crazy, especially the ones P&T chose to interview.  Others rely on facts instead of oppinion.  

All that the credible 9/11 researchers are calling for is a real investigation.  There is ample evidence that the government was involved and I've seen a good portion of it.  There's also ample evidence that every single person involved with the Keene comission had such conflicts of interest that they had no business being a part of it.  

Penn & Teller have a really funny show, but I wouldn't call it a documentary, and certainly not an exhaustive study.  Most issues they deal with are more easily covered in 1/2 hour.  On this one they're in way over their heads.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2006, 02:59:45 AM by 68Hawk »
68th Lightning Lancers

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2006, 03:06:39 AM »
http://www.debunking911.com/

Hawk-  Here is your private investigation...Done by Popular Mechanics, an institution that has provided legitimate and credible research and study in science and technology for over a century....
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

Offline Pooh21

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2006, 03:19:02 AM »
68hawk just answer this

were the explosives there all along just waiting for an event like this? Or did the evil government manage to scrounge a few 100lbs of c4 together, get it to the top of the towers and building 7 and then detonate it?
Bis endlich der Fiend am Boden liegt.
Bis Bishland bis Bishland bis Bishland wird besiegt!

Offline 68Hawk

• Silver Member
      • 68th Lightning Lancers
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2006, 04:07:01 AM »
Originally posted by cav58d
http://www.debunking911.com/

Hawk-  Here is your private investigation...Done by Popular Mechanics, an institution that has provided legitimate and credible research and study in science and technology for over a century....

check out the other thread for part of my response to this.  To the popular Mechanics study itself:

I did review it some time ago and found it extremely sketchy.  They claim to have a large body of experts, "PM consulted more than 300 experts and organizations in its investigation into 9/11 conspiracy theories." but then just list some at the end.  Also, most of the 'quotes' they use are so called experts saying something like "That's bull. They're really stretching.".  There wasn't much actual substance that hasn't been proven to be a lie.  

Paul Joseph Watson puts it best:
http://www.infowars.com/articles/sept11/debunking_popular_mechanics_myths.htm

If PM is so scholarly, why don't they include scholarly documentation in their article?  Because they're a 'popular' magazine and not a scholarly one.  If Boys Life or Readers Digest tried to run an article like this I wouldn't believe it either.  PM has its own interests at heart (hard to blame them for protecting their own interests, even if they do decieve their readers), and not the interests of the American People.  In this case they're about as fact based as Harry Anslinger was.
68th Lightning Lancers

Offline 68Hawk

• Silver Member
      • 68th Lightning Lancers
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2006, 04:40:35 AM »
Pooh21,

They were obviously planted ahead of time.  Most likely by people with maintenance credentials, but there are many theories and possibilities as to how this was accomplished.  The planning of this was in the works for some time.  It certainly wasn't executed off hand.  

I would also point out that Andreas von Buelow, your former Defense Minister, has raised questions and leveled accusations of his own.

http://www.cooperativeresearch.org/entity.jsp?id=1521846767-283
http://www.infowars.com/print/Sept11/vonbuelow.htm
68th Lightning Lancers

Offline PonyDriver

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2006, 04:44:04 AM »
68hawk...   *snicker*

Doesn't your hair get that greasy feeling from wearing that your tinfoil hat all the time?

*snicker*

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2006, 08:45:02 AM »
Hawk, what would you do if I told you the following?

I am studying architectural engineering and specifically, structural design, analysis and failure.  The World Trade Towers fell very much in line with the damage they received from airplanes hitting them, and the fires that burned on the inside.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2006, 09:02:49 AM »
Sooo.... No airliners were skyjacked by muslim fundamentalists and crashed into the towers?

What the hell did I see on TV and what happened to those planes and all the people on em?

lazs