Author Topic: pros and cons  (Read 1422 times)

Offline bkbandit

• Nickel Member
pros and cons
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2006, 07:41:37 PM »
i would really like to now wat htc thinks of this, yes if theres a way to stop people from tuning the gamma to cheap all we need is some nite fighters and then its fun time. There wasnt many differences between f4u regualr and nite fighter(i think one of the guns were replaced wit a radar pod).

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
pros and cons
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2006, 08:54:44 PM »
Originally posted by bkbandit
i would really like to now wat htc thinks of this, yes if theres a way to stop people from tuning the gamma to cheap...

Stop people?? Heck, HT wrote the gamma controls into the game.:rofl
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline Flayed1

• Silver Member
pros and cons
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2006, 08:32:32 AM »
After reading this post I went offline and did some testing and I can see no reason why night should not be enabled.   I left my gamma set at 1 like it always is and had no problems picking out the drones at a distance or a cv sitting just in visual range. Maybe I couldn't pick out the details of the planes/CV as well but hey it's night right?  There was still a fairly easy to identify shape of a plane in the distance that would be plenty to shoot at.  I even landed on the CV with no problem it was not hard at all to see.

Also I took up a flight of Lancs and was quite pleased with the default night skin it has. anyone looking from above them could see them quite planely but they are next to invisible from the underside. So I would feel fairly safe other than the dot dar or if an NMY was in icon range. I might fly them if night were back in the MA it would make up for the poor guns on them.
  Compair that to most of the B-17 skins.... They almost glow in the moon light lol and would be easy targets for fighters.
  Oh and also in AH2 it's actually light enough that I could see the bomb sight very well compaired to the black on black of AH1.

Also Night makes having the right goon skin worth toying with, it's much harder to pick out a goon with the british green skin against the trees.

I took a panzer out and had a look. While it was somewhat harder to spot ground targets I don't think it would effect game play that much other than I think that like the lancs and goon, skins would play a more important role and GVing would become a bit more of a cat and mouse game in the dimness. :)

There were a couple things that were a bit buggy though....   The lights in the cockpit seem a bit bright and make the entire front end of the plane glow. The way they are now you have to have gear up, no auto pilot lights and combat trim turned off to be real stelthy. This really presents a problem when I landed a goon on some farm land. While the skin did a great job of helping me blend in the gear lights made the front of the engins have a shiny green tinge like I had a green signal flair lit under the plane.  

Similar situation for the lanc with it's night skin, if I was in auto pilot the front of my lead plane was glowing green and was even worse with the combat trim light on.

Also HiTech I must ask exactally how big is the moon and how low is it in orbit around our AH world???    While examining the lancs if I put them between my view and the moon the moon would block my view of the plane.
:rofl
  It reminds me of a real old b rate movie on tape at my moms house.  At one point the actors were on some alien world with twin moons hanging in the sky.  One guy fires his laser gun and hits the ground, a large cloud of smoke rises into the air and passes behind the moon. :lol

But over all I say give night another shot in the AH world.
From the ashes of the old we rise to fly again. Behold The Phoenix Wing!

Offline red26

• Silver Member
      • http://www.red25s.zoomshare.com
pros and cons
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2006, 09:24:12 AM »
Hey here ya go just make a night arena? So if someone dosent want to fly in it then they dont have to and the others get to Then the problem would be solved YEEAAA!!!! OK HiTech watcha think sir Please give the night back PLEASE?? >=):aok
US ARMY LEAD THE WAY

Offline bkbandit

• Nickel Member
pros and cons
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2006, 02:04:37 PM »
if u can see wit a regualr fighter great, but there has to be an advantage to useing a true night fighter, maybe great range, or a small radar screen in the cockpit. u would have to cut down the range on a regular fighter, instead of a target comin into ur range at 6.0k it has to comin way closer, maybe a 1000 900, the true nite fighter will be equiped to see 6.0k far out. I really want this, stalk a sleepy set of lacs, jump out from behind see clouds, BAM cut a wing off and disappear into the nite. Im about to go offline and trun the lites out right now, i havent seen the nite for a while.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
pros and cons
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2006, 02:16:11 PM »
Until they model an accurate night time that would prohibit you from turning up your gamma levels and able to model an accurate airborne radar system, night fighters would be useless.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline doogan

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
pros and cons
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2006, 04:23:52 AM »
i really hope that night flight will be implemented in CT, somehow.  for instance, long range Mosq/Lanc missions intercepted by 110s and 88s.  that's the night time i wish for.

Offline bkbandit

• Nickel Member
pros and cons
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2006, 04:29:55 PM »
yea those nite lac raid were big, the nite will have to be added anyway, they just have to work everything out wit the addition of nite fighters to make it work. Maybe in 2 weeks.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
pros and cons
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2006, 06:01:53 PM »
HTC sure modeled the Credit Card charging system accurately :aok
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline doogan

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
pros and cons
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2006, 07:41:09 PM »
Originally posted by Yeager

how's that?

Offline zorstorer

• Silver Member
pros and cons
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2006, 10:59:16 PM »
Originally posted by Yeager

This might be a "Leave if you don't like it" reply, just guessing though.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
pros and cons
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2006, 09:26:59 AM »
Originally posted by red26
Is there some way to block some one from messing with the gamma?

All a player would need to do is crank up the gamma in the video settings in Windows to bypass anything that HTC codes into the game to prevent it.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline red26

• Silver Member
      • http://www.red25s.zoomshare.com
pros and cons
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2006, 11:06:50 AM »
No matter what we get a new plane a new tank a new battle ship Even if we get a H bomb there will always be the ones that cry because they dont get there way. So let turn up the gamma on the moniter or in the game that just mean's they dont want relistic flight. Let them cry the cru enough over day maps why not go ahead and put a night map in. This is just IMO.:aok
US ARMY LEAD THE WAY