Author Topic: Apologies to All....  (Read 1647 times)

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
Apologies to All....
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2006, 08:38:41 AM »
Originally posted by mussie
Awww Sorry Schatzi

I did not mean to sound like I was having a go at you there, It's just that even in the most heated threads (I am looking at you BK's :p ) Your posts have always sounded like the voice of reason...

Hehe, yeah. Let it be said: theres nothing the AH community cant do - they can even get *me* to loose my cool ;).

And mussie, i know what i still fly AH for. The (admittedly rare) good fights in between the MA HOs and picks. The great people you have in this community. The fights i have in the DA. The people in the TA that say "hey, thx for the help" when i leave.

BTW, i think its not only the *AH* universe thats on the wrong track.... ever read "The Swarm", written by Frank Schätzing?
21 is only half the truth.

Offline mussie

• Gold Member
Apologies to All....
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2006, 08:43:29 AM »
Originally posted by Schatzi
And mussie, i know what i still fly AH for. The (admittedly rare) good fights in between the MA HOs and picks. The great people you have in this community. The fights i have in the DA. The people in the TA that say "hey, thx for the help" when i leave.

Hmmm the voice of reason returns :D

As for the Swarm, no but I will google it and see if its somthing that grabs my attention

Offline croduh

• Gold Member
Apologies to All....
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2006, 08:46:22 AM »
I enjoy when somone whines about me.

Offline uberhun

• Nickel Member
Apologies to All....
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2006, 09:08:12 AM »

Yes, im very dissapointed with AH lately. It seems all it is is big talk anymore - HT should change the name to "Egos High".

:aok

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Apologies to All....
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2006, 10:10:19 AM »
Question- Unless you are sitting next to a person and actually watch them pull their cable out how can you be sure that is what they did??
Answer- You can't.

It surely can't be that wonderful and perfectly working thing we call the internet.
Every little bit goes where it should, every packet finds it's way to it's correct destination.
Of course Mother Nature knows how important the net is and she promised to never let lightining strike near anything net related.
Those drunk drivers knocking down telephone poles definately know which ones to hit and not to hit so they don't interfere with cables that carry anything related to the internet.
And of course those wonderful ISPs with their most intelligent people working to fix any minor or major problem with their equipment keeping the net at tip top shape at 100%. And the ISPs definately spend the BIG bucks to make sure their equipment is state of the art and never overloaded.
Yep, couldn't be anything internet related.

Back to the point though, RedTop to you and your after-actions.
Bet the dolt who aggitated you would never consider something like this.
Well, it probably would in some wacky way that only it would perceive as a true and heartfelt apology.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2006, 10:13:08 AM by fuzeman »
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Clutz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
Apologies to All....
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2006, 10:43:39 AM »
I think this, maybe? Hehehe.

Dopaminergic neurotransmission may be involved in learning, reinforcement of behaviour, attention, and sensorimotor integration. Binding of the radioligand 11C-labelled raclopride to dopamine D2 receptors is sensitive to levels of endogenous dopamine, which can be released by pharmacological challenge. Here we use 11C-labelled raclopride and positron emission tomography scans to provide evidence that endogenous dopamine is released in the human striatum during a goal-directed motor task, namely a video game. Binding of raclopride to dopamine receptors in the striatum was significantly reduced during the video game compared with baseline levels of binding, consistent with increased release and binding of dopamine to its receptors. The reduction in binding of raclopride in the striatum positively correlated with the performance level during the task and was greatest in the ventral striatum. These results show, to our knowledge for the first time, behavioural conditions under which dopamine is released in humans, and illustrate the ability of positron emission tomography to detect neurotransmitter fluxes in vivo during manipulations of behaviour.

I remember after game update a few months ago, everybody was stuck sitting on the runway and everybody was cursing so bad. It is a brain chemical thing I believe.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2006, 10:48:57 AM by Clutz »

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
Apologies to All....
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2006, 10:49:09 AM »
Originally posted by Clutz

Dopaminergic neurotransmission may be involved in learning, reinforcement of behaviour, attention, and sensorimotor integration. Binding of the radioligand 11C-labelled raclopride to dopamine D2 receptors is sensitive to levels of endogenous dopamine, which can be released by pharmacological challenge. Here we use 11C-labelled raclopride and positron emission tomography scans to provide evidence that endogenous dopamine is released in the human striatum during a goal-directed motor task, namely a video game. Binding of raclopride to dopamine receptors in the striatum was significantly reduced during the video game compared with baseline levels of binding, consistent with increased release and binding of dopamine to its receptors. The reduction in binding of raclopride in the striatum positively correlated with the performance level during the task and was greatest in the ventral striatum. These results show, to our knowledge for the first time, behavioural conditions under which dopamine is released in humans, and illustrate the ability of positron emission tomography to detect neurotransmitter fluxes in vivo during manipulations of behaviour.

Wow, thats an interesting study.... got more then the abstract?

Offline mussie

• Gold Member
Apologies to All....
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2006, 10:54:55 AM »

I remember after game update a few months ago, everybody was stuck sitting on the runway and everybody was cursing so bad. It is a brain chemical thing I believe.

Oh Crap My Brain Just Discoed.....:huh

EDIT: Schatzi if you understood that beyond the VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY Basics then what the crap are you doing playing AH :D

Offline uberhun

• Nickel Member
Apologies to All....
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2006, 10:56:02 AM »

WTF! :rolleyes:

Offline mussie

• Gold Member
Apologies to All....
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2006, 11:02:41 AM »
Uber from the following words and phrases
Dopaminergic
neurotransmission
dopamine D2 receptors
goal-directed motor task

I think it refers to how the brain learns to control motor skills (hand eye co-ord ?) whilst in a goal orientated situation....

Or to put into UBER terms:
Like when you get to second base for the first time as a teenager and you try to undo a bra with one hand... You never forget how not to do it... :)

Offline toon

• Nickel Member
Apologies to All....
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2006, 11:03:41 AM »
me thinks it means vidoe games have the ability to alter a person's normal behavoir. but what do i know? i cant even spell behavoir and im too lazy to look it up. so there.

Offline mussie

• Gold Member
Apologies to All....
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2006, 11:05:12 AM »
Hmmm I think you right, doesn't Dopamine affect your emotional state ?

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
Apologies to All....
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2006, 11:09:15 AM »
Oh Crap My Brain Just Discoed.....:huh

EDIT: Schatzi if you understood that beyond the VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY Basics then what the crap are you doing playing AH :D

Mussie, im a Veterinarian. We do have a neurological education as well. And the brain chemistry of a dog isnt really that much different then a human one.

All they did was bind a radioactive component that had less affinity then the endogenous (produced in the brain itself) Dopamin to the receptor. Now, when the brain released Dopamine, the radioactive components would be chased away from the receptor by the Dopamine and its concentration would be reduced in certain parts of the brain. Thats what they did measure with the tomography. They kind of "mapped" the parts if the brain that were active during gameplay.

And i play AH to relax :).

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
Apologies to All....
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2006, 11:29:46 AM »
Hmmm I think you right, doesn't Dopamine affect your emotional state ?

Dopamine is a neurotransmitter (one of several) that has many functions in the brain. Mainly the motoric functions (->Parkinson: Dopamine deficiency), it regulates the secretion of pituitary gland hormones and if certain receptors in a specific part of the brain are triggered it can cause nausea and sickness.

Id certainly wouldnt hold it responsible for people loosing their cool if they got shot down ;). All the study says that Dopamine levels rise in certain parts of the brain when the person has to do a senso-motorical task (in this case a video game). This doesnt explain any emotional states

Offline BugsBunny

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Apologies to All....
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2006, 11:32:28 AM »
And the brain of a dog isnt really that much different then a human one.

And I could post a list of the people you are talking about :D