Author Topic: My Introduction  (Read 1654 times)

Offline ASA335

• Zinc Member
My Introduction
« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2006, 06:25:29 PM »
Technically speaking, you are correct; the announcement was made in '76 that ASA was being deactivated, but it took almost two years for it to fully happen. I was with the 335th ASA at Ft. Lewis, WA when the announcment was made, but upon arrival at the 408th ASA in Panama, RP in '77 they were still under USASA and not yet INSCOM.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2006, 06:29:33 PM by ASA335 »

Offline stickpig

• Nickel Member
My Introduction
« Reply #46 on: August 15, 2006, 07:12:04 PM »
Rgr that.....
Where were you stationed as a 13B? Any where in FRG?
Theyll only give you one chance, Better get it right first time. And the game youre playing
If you lose you gotta pay, If you make just one wrong move Youll get blown away
Expect no mercy  <Nazareth>

"Stay in the manned ack... When your in a plane you are a danger to the ground"  <Norad>

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
My Introduction
« Reply #47 on: August 15, 2006, 07:56:32 PM »
BTW, don't join ANY squad that begs for recruits on channel 200:huh
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline ASA335

• Zinc Member
My Introduction
« Reply #48 on: August 15, 2006, 09:25:24 PM »
Originally posted by stickpig
Rgr that.....
Where were you stationed as a 13B? Any where in FRG?

I was a 13E at Yakima Firing Center, WA.

I did two tours in the FRG as a 98J; first one at EUDAC, Patch Brks, outside Stuttgart, and the second started with the 109th MI at Wildflecken and then moving to the 1st AD G2 at Bad Krueznach (living in Mainz).

Offline ASA335

• Zinc Member
My Introduction
« Reply #49 on: August 15, 2006, 09:26:23 PM »
Originally posted by bj229r
BTW, don't join ANY squad that begs for recruits on channel 200:huh

Rgr that, and thanks.

Offline stickpig

• Nickel Member
My Introduction
« Reply #50 on: August 16, 2006, 07:00:12 AM »
Wildflecken, Graf, Hohenfels......  brings back memories:lol

When I was there in "82 1st AD Hq was at Hindenberg Kaserne in Ansbach.

Ft.Lewis.... "little Germany" LOL was with 2/47 Inf 9th ID.  Spent alot of time at Yak.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2006, 07:08:31 AM by stickpig »
Theyll only give you one chance, Better get it right first time. And the game youre playing
If you lose you gotta pay, If you make just one wrong move Youll get blown away
Expect no mercy  <Nazareth>

"Stay in the manned ack... When your in a plane you are a danger to the ground"  <Norad>

Offline ASA335

• Zinc Member
My Introduction
« Reply #51 on: August 16, 2006, 06:56:56 PM »
My second time at Ft. Lewis ('84/'85) I was with the 9th MI, 9th ID.

I was a SSG and assigned first (for five months) as a Plat Daddy (Platoon Sergeant) for a platoon of 50 - 55 soldiers, and then (for seven months) as a Platoon Leader (they were short of Lieutenants) - best tactical assignment of my career.

I was selected for SFC while I was there, and “pinned” (promoted) my final day there.

Because of my achievements while the Platoon Leader, my Company and Battalion COs both recommended me for Warrant Officer, but I foolishly turned it down (I thought I had good reasons at the time :cry ).

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
My Introduction
« Reply #52 on: August 16, 2006, 10:30:03 PM »
Welcome aboard. :)

Drop by the Training Arena (TA) if you need any help getting set up or want to work your way up from basics to advanced BFM/ACM.

Offline Grayeagle

• Silver Member
My Introduction
« Reply #53 on: August 17, 2006, 08:44:39 PM »
Hiya ASA :)

I was born in Portland, Oregon. Went to some wacked out catholic school close to the Fred Myers store on 82nd ave long ago .. then to John Marshall high school for awhile.

Few years ago (ok .. decades and more past) ..while stationed at George AFB (workin the 105G and later the F4G) .. wife an I cruised up to visit relatives (Uncle who was on Guadalcanal and some others).
Saturday nite, cruised 82nd ave ..pulled into a parkin lot fulla nice cars ( I was drivin a bright yellow '70 dart 340 car, superbee stripes, hood scoops, cam, headers, 3.91's inna back .. my 'fambly car' back then ..ran 13's in the 1/4) .. some yokel spotted my california plates an made a loud comment about 'tourists' .. so I stopped, got outta the car, and yelled across the parkin lot 'How many folks here born here in Portland.. raise yer hand!'

Yanno .. not one single person there did. Except me.

I made a rather loud comment about 'tourists' in return.

Was a Kodak moment :)

-GE (street racer ..always been a bit .. er .. 'direct' as they say)
'The better I shoot ..the less I have to manuever'
-GE

Offline ASA335

• Zinc Member
My Introduction
« Reply #54 on: August 18, 2006, 12:36:10 AM »
Drop by the Training Arena (TA) if you need any help getting set up or want to work your way up from basics to advanced BFM/ACM.

Thanks!

I was drivin a bright yellow '70 dart 340 car, superbee stripes, hood scoops, cam, headers, 3.91's inna back .

I had a bright yellow '70 Challenger, 440 w/six-pack in my younger days. Alas, I decided it needed a better “family car” and traided it in for a ’72 Dart, 318 w/2 barrel carb :cry .