Author Topic: Iran will not suspend atomic work, says official  (Read 1375 times)

Offline ~Caligula~

• Nickel Member
Iran will not suspend atomic work, says official
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2006, 06:55:33 AM »
Originally posted by Saintaw
He is not telling you what to do or not to do, just stating how Iran sees it. And he is right too, bombing those facilities will amount to nothing on the long run.

u may be right. i think it`s time to break out the soft cushins. poking them with soft cushins will for sure make them change their minds about wiping countries off the planet and founding terror armies....

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2006, 08:07:30 AM »
Or maybe Israel should scrap their Nukes in favor for keeping the region Nuke free.

But that will never happen. So the US will probably hit Iran, with support from Israel.

WW3? no not yet, not untill China or NK sees an opening to hit, when US is tied up seriously somewhere.
Warbirds handle : nr-1 //// -nr-1- //// Maniac

Offline ~Caligula~

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2006, 11:26:25 AM »
...and we should stick some flowers in our hair and head for san fancisco

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2006, 12:19:16 PM »
You admitting to being gey or something?

Well your solution is as good as any i guess. Much better then :

"In the name of God! We are the chosen ones!, RELEASE THE NUKES! WE SHALL BE RESURECTED BY GOD WHEN ALL THIS IS OVER AND DONE WITH!".

:aok

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2006, 12:56:34 PM »
Could bomb their facilities but then the Iranians would just rebuild them so that we could bomb them again. What other alternative is there? Extremists with nukes? I dont like that idea one bit.
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline ~Caligula~

• Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2006, 01:08:50 PM »
Originally posted by Maniac
You admitting to being gey or something?

Well your solution is as good as any i guess. Much better then :

"In the name of God! We are the chosen ones!, RELEASE THE NUKES! WE SHALL BE RESURECTED BY GOD WHEN ALL THIS IS OVER AND DONE WITH!".

:aok

just for your information: in judaism human life is the most valuable thing, period.of course our life is considered more valuable than of our enemies. we don`t belive in stupid crap like "love thy enemy". if there`s someone trying to kill us, we go and kill him before he gets to kill us.
there`s absolutelly no chance of israel nuking around everyone. if we were such morons we would have done that long ago. as far as israel goes, nukes are kept to keep others from doing silly sh#t like throwing cemical weapons at us. so far it worked.
otoh, i have no doubt iran would use their nuke if they had one.

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2006, 01:09:18 PM »
Who decides who is the extremist?

Imho anyone who acts "in the name of god" or "in the name of Allah" are both equal extremists.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2006, 01:13:31 PM »

Imho anyone who acts "in the name of god" or "in the name of Allah" are both equal extremists.

Well I would say if you are willing to strap on a bomb, then run into a cafe, night club, check point, bus etc and detonate the bomb killing yourself and others around you, that you might be an extremist.

I would say that if you are calling for the total annhilation of one group of people that you might be an extremist.

I would say that if you are calling for a Jihad against those that dont have the same religious beliefs as you, that you might be an extremist.

Etc, etc, etc.
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline ~Caligula~

• Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2006, 01:13:49 PM »
Originally posted by Elfie
Could bomb their facilities but then the Iranians would just rebuild them so that we could bomb them again. What other alternative is there? Extremists with nukes? I dont like that idea one bit.

i think iran would have a tough time rebuilding their nuke facilities. things like uranium centrifuges and such aren`t easy to make or come by.they don`t have the technology to manufacture them.
i hope that no country would sell them that sort of equipment again, after it`s been destroyed. i hope i`m right.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2006, 01:17:43 PM »
Someone would see dollar signs flashing in their eyes like in a cartoon and sell them the same equiptment again Caligula, just a matter of time imo.

Offline ~Caligula~

• Nickel Member
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2006, 01:17:47 PM »

israelis don`t operate in the name of god. they might pray for he`s help if they`re religious,wich many aren`t.

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2006, 01:18:24 PM »
Originally posted by ~Caligula~
i think iran would have a tough time rebuilding their nuke facilities. things like uranium centrifuges and such aren`t easy to make or come by.they don`t have the technology to manufacture them.
i hope that no country would sell them that sort of equipment again, after it`s been destroyed. i hope i`m right.

From what I understand... it will just slow them down 3-5 years.
sand

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2006, 01:24:43 PM »
Originally posted by ~Caligula~
israelis don`t operate in the name of god. they might pray for he`s help if they`re religious,wich many aren`t.

This whole conflict is based on religion, you should know this.

Offline ~Caligula~

• Nickel Member
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2006, 01:31:17 PM »
This whole conflict is based on religion, you should know this.

nah dude...this conflict is about land.

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2006, 01:32:00 PM »
Story through Yahoo news, indicated that iran just denied inspectors access to their enrichment facility. I'm sure the forthcoming nasty letter from the UN will set them straight. It worked for north korea so well.

Iran denies inspectors access to site By GEORGE JAHN, Associated Press Writer
1 hour, 53 minutes ago

Iran has turned away U.N. inspectors wanting to examine its underground nuclear site in an apparent violation of the Nonproliferation Treaty, diplomats and U.N. officials said Monday.

The officials, who spoke on condition of anonymity because of the confidentiality of the information, told The Associated Press that Iran's unprecedented refusal to allow access to the facility at Natanz could seriously hamper international efforts to ensure that Tehran is not trying to make nuclear weapons.

Meanwhile, Iran's supreme leader said Tehran will pursue nuclear technology despite a U.N. Security Council deadline to suspend uranium enrichment by the end of the month or face the threat of economic and diplomatic sanctions.

"The Islamic Republic of Iran has made its own decision and in the nuclear case, God willing, with patience and power, will continue its path," said Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, according to state television.

His declaration came on the eve of Iran's self-imposed Tuesday deadline to respond to a Western incentives package for it to roll back its nuclear program. The United Nations has given Tehran until the end of August to suspend uranium enrichment.

Khamenei accused the United States of putting pressure on Iran despite Tehran's assertions that its nuclear program was peaceful. "Arrogant powers and the U.S. are putting their utmost pressure on Iran while knowing Iran is not pursuing nuclear weapons," he said.

Iran said Sunday it will offer a "multifaceted response" to the incentives proposal. It insisted that it won't suspend uranium enrichment altogether.

At a news conference Monday, President Bush said the United States is getting an inkling of Tehran's response.

"We are beginning to get some indication, but we'll wait until they have a formal response," Bush said. "Dates are fine, but what really matters is will. And one of the things I will continue to remind our friends and allies is the danger of a nuclear-armed Iran."

The U.N. Security Council passed a resolution last month requiring the halt to enrichment under threat of economic and diplomatic sanctions.

Also Monday, German Chancellor Angela Merkel pressed for a "solid answer" from Iran on the package.

"I still hope that it will be positive, although some signals have been very confused," said Merkel, whose country drew up the package with the five permanent Security Council members.

The proposal includes promises that the United States and Europe will provide civilian nuclear technology and that Washington will join direct talks with Iran.

Tehran says uranium enrichment does not violate any of its obligations under the Nonproliferation Treaty, and that its nuclear program aims to produce electricity.

But U.N. officials suggested that its refusal to allow International Atomic Energy Agency inspectors access to the underground nuclear site being built at Natanz was in itself a violation of the treaty because it contravenes Tehran's commitment under the pact to inform the Vienna-based watchdog of the progress of such projects.

Khamenei accused the West of wanting to obstruct scientific progress in the Islamic world and called for Islamic countries to stand together in the face of such pressure.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown