Author Topic: A kinder, gentler AH  (Read 1961 times)

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
A kinder, gentler AH
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2006, 11:31:22 AM »
this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield. -Ulysses.

word.

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
A kinder, gentler AH
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2006, 11:34:07 AM »
We are getting ahead of ourselves, before we can have peace we have to enter into multi-lateral negotiations to set the terms of a ceasefire. After we have the ceasefire, then we can set up long term negotiations for a lasting peace.

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
A kinder, gentler AH
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2006, 11:42:22 AM »
BORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRINGGGGGGGGGG GGGGGGGG................
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline Enduro

• Silver Member
A kinder, gentler AH
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2006, 11:48:43 AM »
Originally posted by Grits
We are getting ahead of ourselves, before we can have peace we have to enter into multi-lateral negotiations to set the terms of a ceasefire. After we have the ceasefire, then we can set up long term negotiations for a lasting peace.

please count me in with the group that keeps screwing up the cease fire.  
Viva La Resistance!
TBolt
Last edited by hitech on 09-08-2004 at 10:51 AM for flaming everone.

Offline Airscrew

• Platinum Member
A kinder, gentler AH
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2006, 11:52:14 AM »
Originally posted by Kermit de frog
BORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG................

See ^?  This is exactly the kind of negative thinking that causes all these bad vibes man.   We should embrace our differences and share the sheep. :cool:

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
A kinder, gentler AH
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2006, 11:53:06 AM »
As has been said by several people several times, how we act, what we say, what we do ingame reflects on the type of people we are in real life. As an example, I change countries, I steal kills, I don't give 6 calls, I HO and vulch. I make fun of children (usually those of other people), I taunt and mock. Someone suggested, quite accurately, that because of this, in the real world, I'm violent, abusive, disrespectful, and am nothing more than poor, white, trash. I'm stupid and lack any sense of values or decency.

If this is the case, and it obviously is, then how can we talk of ethics and codes of conduct when all we do is kill combatants and bomb civilians? How can we speak of morals and standards when we have none? Who among us has not committed murder in the name of the war effort? Who hasn't strafed houses in a town, or gunned down enemy troops transports or jeeps? Who hasn't demonstrated some behavior that is evil in the purest sense? Who hasn't killed simply for entertainment?

In an effort to bring myself up from the depths of inhumanity in which I dwell in the real world, I will no longer fire back at my enemies, I will not attack townsfolk as they go about their daily routines. I will not lob shells at bombers, I will not rejoice in the destruction and death which has become the norm in AH. I will aspire to become a role model and inspiration to all of those who realize, as I do, that there can be no separation, no distinction, between the game and real life. What we are, we do, we say, demonstrates who we are, both in the game and in life itself.

I ask those of you who are not so shallow, so hardened and cynical, so... fargone, to help me, to become shining beacons in the darkness of this horrible war, to light the path for others to follow. If by doing so, we can make the real world a better place, then we are fools not to.

Let the basest of animals continue to play the game as they do now. Let them reap what they have sown come judgement day. I am, from this moment on, a Keeper of the Light.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Donzo

• Gold Member
      • http://www.bops.us
Re: A kinder, gentler AH
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2006, 12:15:59 PM »
Originally posted by hubsonfire
Inside the tower, there are no weapons, no death, no destruction. If we do not leave the tower, we cannot HO, ram, shoot, bomb, kill, wound, or otherwise cause ill will among the community. We can not steal kills, fail to give 6 calls, lose SA, or do anything that could possibly bring any sort of harm to another player.  

Ah yes, but the ability to switch sides and steal a CV can still be conducted from the tower. :rofl

Offline Mustaine

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
A kinder, gentler AH
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2006, 12:18:25 PM »
you are not as good a troll as some of the other bk's hub... just sayin'.
Genetically engineered in a lab, and raised by wolverines -- ]V[ E G A D E T ]-[
AoM DFC ZLA BMF and a bunch of other acronyms.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
A kinder, gentler AH
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2006, 12:22:03 PM »
Grits we'll give you back the Black Knight's arms in exchange for all your ports. The legs will not be returned.

Offline LEADPIG

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
A kinder, gentler AH
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2006, 12:32:03 PM »
Were're not really killing people so is it really violence ??:huh :huh

Offline LEADPIG

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
A kinder, gentler AH
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2006, 12:36:44 PM »
This game helps me stop beating my wife :( :confused:

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
A kinder, gentler AH
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2006, 12:40:21 PM »
It's simulated violence which can cause us to become tolerant of real violence.  Next thing you know we're going to be mounting .50 cals on our cars and offing the guy that cuts you off in traffick then getting sideswiped by the guy in the next lane for stealing his kill.  The vulchers, naturally, will not drive but strategically park on overpasses just shooting anybody as they drive by.  Yes yes Hubs you are on to something here.  Now let's all join hands and sing kum bye ya :lol
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
A kinder, gentler AH
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2006, 12:41:19 PM »
Originally posted by LEADPIG
This game helps me stop beating my wife :( :confused:

what about the dog though?
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
A kinder, gentler AH
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2006, 12:47:45 PM »
Well, if our behavior and our words are a direct reflection of who we are, then certainly our actions are as well, right? If what we say on the bbs dictates who we are, then don't our actions in the game speak volumes as well?

I had always thought that, for the most part, there was no direct link between the game and real life, but it has since been made clear to me that the opposite is true. That is to say, there is no difference at all between the two. If that's the case, then no case can be made for all this violence. It's awful and unnecessary, and only leads us to ruin.

And Donzo, what good is a CV if no one ups from it? What possible harm could come to others? A scenic 3 hour tour duringwhich we can all chat and exchange recipes for cheese souffle'?
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline AKWarp

• Copper Member
      • http://10mbfree.com/edlance/
A kinder, gentler AH
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2006, 12:52:13 PM »
Have HT put up a map with just one redwood tree in the middle of a field.  We'll all stand around it and see who can pee the highest on the tree...