Author Topic: What to do ?  (Read 892 times)

Offline Otterpop

• Zinc Member
What to do ?
« on: August 17, 2006, 01:18:01 PM »
Heya all,  here lately I have come under some fire for my aircrafts display on the OTHER  end of this game.  It seems some people think I jig my plane around, or and I quote "stop pulling your F****** cord out" :furious   JEEEZ  Is this a common practice for some people?  Hell, I have enough to do learning the fighter biz.  Adding cord jerking and stick whipping to mix = Otter-stroke.  I have a loaner PC that is not really up to this game (mine fried in a storm).  So I realize I must warp, everyone on my end does.  However, theres not much I can do about it.  Any suggestions?   I really dig AH and the community, and the only real trouble  I seem cause is the drop in my squads score.  Hey, I neither have the desire, the reason or the multitasking skills for this kinda thing.   Otterpop
Fish should be called  Flish

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
What to do ?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2006, 01:25:26 PM »
Well I can't help you much with the technical things...  I can say if someone accuses you of pulling your cord just explain the situation and if they still call you a cheater or what not, just remember the world is full of stupid people, and try to not let it get to you.
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
What to do ?
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2006, 01:33:26 PM »
Once explained if they persist, please feel free to take a screenshot of the text buffer and email it to support@hitchcreations.com.

As a general rule of thumb, anything you cannot directly effect in the game, but is taking away from the fun of it all, should be directed to us via private communication (email, PM's...).
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Re: What to do ?
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2006, 01:51:19 PM »
Originally posted by Otterpop
Heya all,  here lately I have come under some fire for my aircrafts display on the OTHER  end of this game.  It seems some people think I jig my plane around, or and I quote "stop pulling your F****** cord out" :furious   JEEEZ  Is this a common practice for some people?  Hell, I have enough to do learning the fighter biz.  Adding cord jerking and stick whipping to mix = Otter-stroke.  I have a loaner PC that is not really up to this game (mine fried in a storm).  So I realize I must warp, everyone on my end does.  However, theres not much I can do about it.  Any suggestions?   I really dig AH and the community, and the only real trouble  I seem cause is the drop in my squads score.  Hey, I neither have the desire, the reason or the multitasking skills for this kinda thing.   Otterpop

It's the best compliment you can get.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
What to do ?
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2006, 01:57:12 PM »
Not really.

Offline 68Ripper

• Nickel Member
What to do ?
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2006, 02:12:38 PM »
Originally posted by Skuzzy
As a general rule of thumb, anything you cannot directly effect in the game, but is taking away from the fun of it all, should be directed to us via private communication (email, PM's...).

Does this include the wife ack Skuzzy?

:rofl :rofl :rofl
Ironic
Fistful of Aces

I had a psychic girlfriend once, but she left me before we met

When I got home last night, my wife demanded that I take her someplace expensive....  so, I took her to a gas station

Offline Airscrew

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2006, 02:27:59 PM »
, and the only real trouble  I seem cause is the drop in my squads score.    Otterpop

Otter, we have a Squad score?  does it keep track of how many trees we smack?  or How many kills Oddssey steals from me :t

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2006, 02:29:06 PM »

Try going through the tech support stickies. to improve your PCs performance.

And post your specs (dxdiag) here or mail it to Skuzzy and ask what hed recommend as ingame video and graphics system.

And yes, unfortunatly for some people it has become common practice to call each other names and cheaters. (I wont say more here, ive already had my "daily meltdown" in another thread. ;)). Vudak and Skuzzy gave very good advice on how to handle it in game.

>>S<< Otterpop
21 is only half the truth.

Offline Otterpop

• Zinc Member
Re: Re: What to do ?
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2006, 04:52:27 PM »
Originally posted by Airscrew
Otter, we have a Squad score?  does it keep track of how many trees we smack?  or How many kills Oddssey steals from me :t

:rofl :rofl   I think its my trashed aircraft tally...

Thanks for the help/advice all, Ill try to tune the PC from hell and do a better job explaining my situation.  Turning people in is not really my style.

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
Re: Re: Re: What to do ?
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2006, 06:39:22 PM »

Thanks for the help/advice all, Ill try to tune the PC from hell and do a better job explaining my situation.  Turning people in is not really my style.

Well, alternatively you could take a screenie and post in on the BBS to start the which burning :t...

... but then again, i do not think thats your style either :).

If people get really abusive and out of line on pvt, dont feel bad about "turning them in" - its deserved. But i understand. The most important thing is to stay true to your own rules of conduct. And theres always the .squelch command :).

Offline Grayeagle

• Silver Member
What to do ?
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2006, 07:47:46 PM »
Skuzzy;

I need more hours in my day so I can play AH more, mk thx.

-GE
'The better I shoot ..the less I have to manuever'
-GE

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: Re: Re: What to do ?
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2006, 06:56:43 AM »

That is your choice, but do not make the mistake of trying to take care of problematic players by using the bulletin board.  It is not the proper place to handle those situations.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: What to do ?
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2006, 06:34:05 PM »
Originally posted by Skuzzy
That is your choice, but do not make the mistake of trying to take care of problematic players by using the bulletin board.  It is not the proper place to handle those situations.

Skuzzy, im sorry if my post sounded encouraging in that way. It wasnt meant to. Its supposed to make everyone slip on the sarcasm thats dropping from it.

Offline Otterpop

• Zinc Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What to do ?
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2006, 10:33:21 PM »
Originally posted by Schatzi
Skuzzy, im sorry if my post sounded encouraging in that way. It wasnt meant to. Its supposed to make everyone slip on the sarcasm thats dropping from it.

Well I know I didn't take it that way, I understand where your coming from....       I'm waaaay to far out of High School <(no no no, not attacking students there, ty) to be dragging personal trash to a BB.    Unless theres money in it :D
« Last Edit: August 22, 2006, 10:44:19 PM by Otterpop »