Author Topic: x850xt driver  (Read 293 times)

Offline Clutz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
x850xt driver
« on: August 24, 2006, 05:01:00 PM »
Hello. I just got an ati radon x850xt. I have just the card, no software. I think I have read that the 4.12 driver is the way to go. Is this still true? I went to site and tried some of the old drivers they have including something called 4.12 but nothing seems to work. There are driver builds, controll panels and drive build this and that. I don't know what to install. Can anybody help? Or does anybody have the drivers I need? TY. Clutz
« Last Edit: August 24, 2006, 05:03:35 PM by Clutz »

Offline Clutz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
x850xt driver
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2006, 11:15:31 PM »
Sorry.Wrong forum. It wouldn't delet when I realised.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
x850xt driver
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2006, 10:43:39 AM »
The 4.12 drivers do not support the X850 series.  I believe the newest ATI video card supported by the 4.12 drivers is the X800 series.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Clutz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
x850xt driver
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2006, 06:03:02 PM »
Thank you Skuzzy. Is there a next best thing that I can do sense I cant use 4.12 drivers. In an effort to avoid the control center, I  got the 6.8 "Driver Only"  from ati site and also the old version of the control panel. This did not install .net. It seems like it is working strange enough. I still got an unknown device in Device Manager but under display adapters radon x850 series and radon x850 series-secondary show up as ok.

Offline Clutz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
x850xt driver
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2006, 11:57:24 AM »
I got it all fixed up. Two days of trial and error I came up with this. 5.11 driver, control panel, and wdm integrated driver. I installed them all separately. The wdm driver made the yellow unknown device in device manager go away. I think I have a vivo card. The 5.11 driver will work with the newer version of control panel that is on the 5.11 page or the old version that went with the 4.12 driver, without .net. It is also the latest driver offered that will work without the control center. The control panel may work with newer drivers than the 5.11, but it is not offered as an option on any driver pages higher than 5.11, so I dont think that is a good idea. I have AA and AS controls. As I'm not to good with pc stuff I stand to be corrected on any of this I say. Because I installed and uninstalled so many drivers and .net's it may be a freak accident it is all working, but I don't think so. All seems real good.
:)

I should have read the forums before I started this thread as there is a similar thread in the hardware and software forum. So, I going to go post this info on that forum. Let this thread die.:)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2006, 12:53:31 PM by Clutz »