Author Topic: i am doing something cool when not on internet!  (Read 6175 times)

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
i am doing something cool when not on internet!
« Reply #225 on: October 13, 2006, 11:13:05 AM »
Frank was asking me to post a pic or two of my current projects. I've got 3 partially completed ones that I want to finish. The 109 is 90% done (only  needs paint and decals, bascially).

1/24th Airfix 109E

72nd Ju86D-1 (needs gear, guns, misc.), has since been painted overall lichtblau, but those images are on my PC at home (this I got off the 'Net).

Roden 72nd He111E-1 (lots of work done, still some to do!)

My goal is to work on finishing all of these. They all require final paint jobs, and the 2 smaller ones still have a few problems to work out before they can be displayed.

Offline mamba2

• Copper Member
      • http://home.mchsi.com/~fightclub/wsb/html/view.cgi-home.html-.html
« Reply #226 on: October 14, 2006, 04:13:30 PM »
Originally posted by Bodhi
some more photos:

ribs in wheel well all from scratch...

DUDE,  That's the greatest Corsair model i've EVER, EVER SEEN!!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:
Where'd u get that model from?:eek:

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #227 on: October 14, 2006, 06:43:56 PM »
I think the point is "he built it" :):aok

Offline mamba2

• Copper Member
      • http://home.mchsi.com/~fightclub/wsb/html/view.cgi-home.html-.html
« Reply #228 on: October 14, 2006, 08:07:39 PM »
I just want to know where he got that model from because i just finished a La7, SpitXVI, and a C47.  Right now im working on a B25 and then i'll start on a ME262A1a.  After i finish that, i'll be looking all around for that Corsair.:D

Offline nirvana

• Platinum Member
« Reply #229 on: October 14, 2006, 08:49:49 PM »
Hobby lobby had models 30% off this week, you guys missied out.  I got an engine for half off somehow.  I was expecting $60 ended up as $30.
Who are you to wave your finger?

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #230 on: October 14, 2006, 10:27:08 PM »
Here's a tip...

Hobby Lobby has this coupon, and they've run it a LOT in the past 2-3 years straight. When you get the coupon (you can even print it off the internet, if you find it, they'll accept it!) you get 50% off all model kits.

I'm not lying. E-mails used to go around the IPMS mailing list I used to be on, letting folks know where to find it. I don't know if they do this *every*where, but I'd guess they would do it in more than 1 city.

Offline nirvana

• Platinum Member
« Reply #231 on: October 15, 2006, 04:17:08 AM »
I don't like painting but I like them to take a tad bit of time so I usually get the 1/6th engine models.  The snap tites are booooring and as I already stated, I don't like painting.  I'll look for that though, cheap presents for my cousins when they come around.

Offline nirvana

• Platinum Member
« Reply #232 on: October 15, 2006, 04:19:22 AM »
I don't like painting but I like them to take a tad bit of time so I usually get the 1/6th engine models.  The snap tites are booooring and as I already stated, I don't like painting.  I'll look for that though, cheap presents for my cousins when they come around.

This weeks print off coupon is 40% off all items http://www.hobbylobby.com/site3/weekly/coupons/coupon.cfm  Just in case anyone wanted it...

Offline frank3

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #233 on: October 15, 2006, 06:13:34 AM »
Krusty, thanks for posting those, they're starting to look great :aok