Author Topic: i am doing something cool when not on internet!  (Read 6187 times)

Offline taylortanklover

• Nickel Member
i am doing something cool when not on internet!
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2006, 11:43:45 AM »
yes i know but i do not like those directions cause half of the time i do not have the colors they tell me to use! So give me some ideas please?!
:(

Offline taylortanklover

• Nickel Member
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2006, 11:47:51 AM »
did i ever mention that the CA-72 U.S.S. Pittsburgh was a baltimore class heavy cruiser, i made it for my pap cause he was in the navy and served in the vietnam war, and his ship was the CA-73 U.S.S. Saint Paul baltimore class heavy cruiser, i hade to get him that one cause we could not find the U.S.S. Saint Paul! cool huh? (note: look at the CA-## part see the relation ship!)

Offline nirvana

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2006, 03:45:22 PM »
I prefer the Testors acrylics in the 1/4 oz glass bottles, for some reason they seem to be of better quality then the Testor's in the plastic rack type thing.  Wal Mart should have them, or if you have a hobby shop/Hobby Lobby they will have them too.  You could try to spray paint it if you cover everything that you don't want painted REALLY well, on bigger projects use spray, for detailing and such get some good quality brushes (not the 30 for $2 at Wal Mart) and take your time.

P.S.  Don't forget to mix the paint with a toothpick or brush handle before painting.
Who are you to wave your finger?

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2006, 11:06:12 PM »
Krusty: Way I heard it described was VERY careful use of an exact-o knife or razor to chip off small bits of the "paint."

Taylor: With the Helldiver you're pretty much going to get one of two camoflage schemes:

1. The classic "tricolor" scheme, consisting of Insignia White underneath, Intermediate Blue on the sides, and Non-specular (Flat) Sea Blue on the upper surfaces.

2. Glossy Sea Blue over the whole aircraft.

The Testors Model Master paints pretty much follow the Federal Standard system, so you can be reasonably sure that their colors will be pretty close to historical.

I know for certain that with the Tamiya paints they do NOT list the FS numbers, so it'd be up to you to find a reference chart. I don't know if this is the case with all Japanese paints, tho.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline Whisky58

• Copper Member
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2006, 03:33:37 PM »
Originally posted by Krusty

My time is limited, I wish I had more. I've got 1 90% done 24th scale Airfix 109E waiting for final paint and decals.  

Sad to report it was announced on the radio news today that Airfix are probably going into liquidation unless a buyer can be found.  

A spokesman said this was due to problems with the French company that provides components and the fact that demand has plummeted over the years because today's dull, short attention span and witless youths spend too much time watching TV and playing computer games instead of being stimulatingly engaged in making model kits. (or words to that effect)

What am I going to hang from my bedroom ceiling now?  (I don't need a mirror - my wife says I've got a pimply bum).

Regards :)
Whisky

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2006, 03:38:09 PM »
This news was also on ARC. The forums there have some good info: They say not to jump the gun. This new issue revolves around Humbrol.

Some even speculate it's a pre-emptive attempt to prevent the Heller branch from taking the rest down with it.

Too many possibilities to tell the outcome, at the moment.

Edit: There's always Italeri, RoG, Monogram, and "those asian companies", but perhaps they are lacking the history and personal commitment that the folks at Airfix put into their product.

Offline nirvana

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2006, 05:23:52 PM »
Some Czech company sells little 1/48 scale or 1/72nd, thinks have a diecast pilot, need painting everything.  Catch is, they cost $60-80:confused:

I quite enjoy the little engines things from tamiya though, might make a tank eventually, who knows.  Oh the prices on them went down too:D

Offline taylortanklover

• Nickel Member
« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2006, 06:23:14 PM »
i rather like the baby blue on the under side (which i do not have!) and navy blue camo on the other, but i do not have the baby blue paint, but i do have navy blue! I like ur ideas to i may o with one of those! :( i am going to be in school when i am uselly on this during the normal summer, but school i do not get to go on the computer much.:( :( :(

Offline taylortanklover

• Nickel Member
« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2006, 06:28:38 PM »
Originally posted by Krusty
Gratuitous ventral shot. I like the belly the best. I spent ages getting the weathering right.

k what is this again krust? (in my mind: mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... ............................K rust!!!!!! (out loud aghagghaghdaghghaghaghghaghgh ghghghghgh and drooling at the same time and likes lips!:p :p :p ))))

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2006, 08:51:51 PM »
It's an F/A-18A Hornet :huh

Offline taylortanklover

• Nickel Member
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2006, 03:51:23 PM »
(sarcasticlly) owwww, it is so simple to guess!:rolleyes:

Offline nirvana

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2006, 03:54:32 PM »
He's a ground pounder Krusty!  How dare you insult him.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2006, 04:03:29 PM »
Heh, I was just poking fun of him for not recognizing it, no worries :aok

Offline taylortanklover

• Nickel Member
« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2006, 04:14:09 PM »
PEAMUTS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2006, 06:44:56 PM »
I did this -1 for a friend last year I think????

I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.