Author Topic: 'God Mode' in MA  (Read 958 times)

Offline psob2

• Zinc Member
'God Mode' in MA
« on: August 29, 2006, 10:24:44 AM »
this morning in the MA someone mentioned going into 'god mode' to look around.

in the MA what is 'god mode' and how do you use it?

thanks for any help
psob2, psob3, now BTPsob2

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
'God Mode' in MA
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2006, 10:56:31 AM »
God mode is not enabled in teh MA, they were trolling you!  If God mode were enabled in the MA, then you would easily be able to find enemy cv's missions and the like!

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline psob2

• Zinc Member
'God Mode' in MA
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2006, 11:04:22 AM »
thanks

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
'God Mode' in MA
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2006, 11:14:37 AM »
it would be cool to have an observation option (bases only aireal view) where you could follow a fight.  I like watching the fighting sometimes especially when I'm at work and bored but I don't want to bug people I don't know with join requests, so my only option is finding a tower where there's a battle going on and watching that way.  Fun but kind of like a hot date that goes well but ends too early.
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Sweet2th

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
'God Mode' in MA
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2006, 11:21:38 AM »
"god" mode you are refering to is called the " Tower Gods Eye " and can be used by hitting F5 then hitting F8 and using either the number pad on the ride side of the keyboard or the hat switch on a joystick the bracket keys [ ] allow you to zoom in and out.this is a very helpful tool when there is an attack on the fieldand someone is in the tower gods eye giving everyone check 6s that need one.people stay alive a lot longer that way.

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
'God Mode' in MA
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2006, 01:32:57 PM »
hmmmm..... food for thought... thanks
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline psob2

• Zinc Member
'God Mode' in MA
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2006, 02:28:22 PM »
thanks Sweet2th

hadn't realized you could go to external view from the tower till today.

guess what was being referred to was going to external view from within the tower. not true 'god mode'

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
'God Mode' in MA
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2006, 03:03:55 PM »
Originally posted by psob2
thanks Sweet2th

guess what was being referred to was going to external view from within the tower. not true 'god mode'

sweet2th  =  autopilot  :aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Sweet2th

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
'God Mode' in MA
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2006, 03:46:17 PM »
skyrock = rocket scientist

Offline Mustaine

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
'God Mode' in MA
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2006, 03:52:03 PM »
Originally posted by psob2
thanks Sweet2th

"God's eye" in game is something that can be enabled offline or in H2H...

on AH help the "ViewModeFlags" link does not seem to work... but basically it is used to "fly" across the terrain and look around.

as mentioned it is disabled in the MA.
Genetically engineered in a lab, and raised by wolverines -- ]V[ E G A D E T ]-[
AoM DFC ZLA BMF and a bunch of other acronyms.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
'God Mode' in MA
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2006, 04:21:48 PM »
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
'God Mode' in MA
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2006, 01:20:23 AM »
"God Mode" (F5) and External view (F3) are quite different. God Mode (=CM Eye) allows you to "fly" around without plane. Online, its only enabled in the SEA for certain events (KOTH for example, i dont know about the rest).

All you need to do is follow the instructions in Fuzemans link and map the respective functions to keyboard or Joystick.

I myself have mapped then in mode3 on my stick, for easier use.

Then, in tower, just hit F5 and then use the assignes keys/buttons to move around. You can "turn around" with your stick x/y and rudder axis. Your throttle setting will determine the *speed* at wich you move at (full throttle is VERY fast).

Autopilot, unless you have them mapped manually that way, your keys do not work.
21 is only half the truth.

Offline stephen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
'God Mode' in MA
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2006, 03:23:20 AM »
External view in the tower also helps to spot those pesky vehicles that like to vulch fields, so that you know at what runway its safe to up an IL-2 and quote: "Blast that sucka!" end quote.
Spell checker is for Morrons

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
'God Mode' in MA
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2006, 07:54:36 AM »
Originally posted by Schatzi
"God Mode" (F5) and External view (F3) are quite different. God Mode (=CM Eye) allows you to "fly" around without plane. Online, its only enabled in the SEA for certain events (KOTH for example, i dont know about the rest).

All you need to do is follow the instructions in Fuzemans link and map the respective functions to keyboard or Joystick.

I myself have mapped then in mode3 on my stick, for easier use.

Then, in tower, just hit F5 and then use the assignes keys/buttons to move around. You can "turn around" with your stick x/y and rudder axis. Your throttle setting will determine the *speed* at wich you move at (full throttle is VERY fast).

Autopilot, unless you have them mapped manually that way, your keys do not work.

crying shame you can't do it in the MA but the reasons why not are understandable

Offline Sweet2th

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
'God Mode' in MA
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2006, 09:26:23 AM »
schatzi, psob2 wanted to know about gods eye in the main arena.i believe he was on channel yesterday morning when i was directing and check 6 ing fighters from the tower.in tower gods eye mode you do not need to map any keys to look around.